Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looming FDA Regulation

This is a discussion on Looming FDA Regulation within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz +1. I'm not opposed to taxes, just what most of them are spent on. What ...

Re: Looming FDA Regulation

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    +1. I'm not opposed to taxes, just what most of them are spent on.
    What program would you be willing to hand over your money too? Im sick of taxes, and the way politicians dream up uses for these taxes. I mean im all for kids having insurance, but its not my place to pay for it. Enough is enough.

Is this petition still active? It states "Signatures needed by May 11, 2012 to reach goal of 25,000." The petition is addressed to the President. It asks him to "Tell the FDA to leave our premium cigars alone." I don't here anything at all about this. Just wondering if this is an ongoing attack by FDA, or has it failed?

The latest I've seen on the subject of tobacco regulations is some squabbling about warning labels and a backlog of applications to the FDA for approval of new products.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think with all the excrement hitting the fan in Washington, nobody's in the mood for creating new regulations.

Good news, and I hope you're right. Warning labels should be fought though. I am not being an alarmist on this. If you give an inch, next year it well be another inch. And so on. I may be mistaken, but Australia and or New Zealand have very harsh laws against tobacco, and they lump cigars and cigarettes together. I was surprised at what has happened in those countries, and I don't want to see it happen here. I don't have my facts together to say any more, so I will leave it at that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2