Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looming FDA Regulation

This is a discussion on Looming FDA Regulation within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Washington Post Article Lots of little factoids but no real information about what the FDA intends to regulate. My magic ...

Looming FDA Regulation

Washington Post Article

Lots of little factoids but no real information about what the FDA intends to regulate. My magic 8 ball says they will limit choices and, either directly or indirectly, make things cost more.

No longer a community member.

Re: Looming FDA Regulation

Little birdie told me that eventually the FDA will regulate tobacco as a drug... ( opinion, rumor, fear mongering ) but it has substance...

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousPelican View Post
    Little birdie told me that eventually the FDA will regulate tobacco as a drug... ( opinion, rumor, fear mongering ) but it has substance...
    Then will we have to get a doctor's note to buy "medicinal tobacco?"

I'm gunna love getting my doc to write me a prescription for My Father Lanceros and have it covered by insurance...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm gunna love getting my doc to write me a prescription for My Father Lanceros and have it covered by insurance...
    Well I believe the doctor will show you that all this time you have not been using the lancero in the best medical way...

When i get to the age of needing a colonoscopy I hope my doctors fingers are lanceros.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    When i get to the age of needing a colonoscopy I hope my doctors fingers are lanceros.
    I would beware of what you wish for

note: In all seriousness the FDA regulation of tobacco is a serious matter and I believe it is going to be the slippery slope they may get cigars out of it this time around but there will be more chances that they will continue to push the issue unless there is some sort of strong lobby...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 03-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...igars/BKspSSnN

I'm sure it is still speculation to some extent, but as if I don't have enough to worry about this comes up.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I may have to become the next Alcapone.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1971 View Post
    I may have to become the next Alcapone.
    I think there are plenty of people ahead of you on that one... It costs something like 20 cents a pack I believe or something insane. It is super cheap if you do it in bulk growing etc and run an efficient operation...
    Last edited by CarnivorousPelican; 04-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.

I signed the petition a while ago does anyone know when there decision is supposed to happen?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I signed the petition. Our wonderful state of MN is planning to tax tobacco even more very soon. I say ok, but in return let us get back our smoking bars etc.

Full grown Puffer Fish Livin' Legend's Avatar

I might not be against taxes going up if I ever saw any tangible return for my money. Unfortunately, no matter how much money the government gets (state or fed), everything that money is supposed to pay for is still crappy as ever, in some cases declining. The only thing I really see is politicians multiplying and getting richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Livin' Legend View Post
    I might not be against taxes going up if I ever saw any tangible return for my money. Unfortunately, no matter how much money the government gets (state or fed), everything that money is supposed to pay for is still crappy as ever, in some cases declining. The only thing I really see is politicians multiplying and getting richer.
    +1. I'm not opposed to taxes, just what most of them are spent on.

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

So maybe this explains all the recent CRA Internet activity...
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast