Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

John Salley against FDA Regulating Cigars

This is a discussion on John Salley against FDA Regulating Cigars within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; ...

John Salley against FDA Regulating Cigars

“Cigars are not a habit. They are a lifestyle.”

A message from John Salley:

"For the life of me, I can’t figure out why the government would want to mess with the premium cigar business. From the producers of great cigars, to those that sell them; to those of us that just want to slow down life with a great cigar. There’s no reason for it."

John Salley became a 15-year veteran of the NBA, and the first player to win four championships, with three different teams – the Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, and Los Angeles Lakers.
    Now, his career has taken him to television, film, entrepreneurship, and philanthropy – all while sharing your passion for a great cigar.

This is from CRA. I can't post the link as I don't have enough posts on Puff to post links. Just go to Cigar Rights of America and look for the link for John Salley

Re: John Salley against FDA Regulating Cigars

Here's the link.

Cigar Rights of America
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

No longer a community member.

What makes this even better is that the guy is a vegan and a wellness advocate! Not what the FDA wants to stereotype cigar smokers as.

Young Puffer Fish

Good to know, but just another example of federal over reach - given what he pays in taxes is think he'd be familiar.

A Puffer not a Fighter Johnny Z's Avatar

HAHAAAAAA! I knew I loved him from the Lakers days. And bless him for saying this. I'm a musician from Hollywood. It's hard to find work around here if you're willing/able to THINK like that. Salley... I salute you!

Leading Puffer Fish

My son was in Vegas a couple of.years ago with friends and he went in buy a cigar and John Salley was in there buying an Opus. I appreciate his speaking out.

So what y'all are saying is that he lives in Vegas therefore he's a Vegan?

But in answer to the rhetorical question - because they can make money taxing it.