Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Public smoking ban in parks?

This is a discussion on Public smoking ban in parks? within the Tobacco Legislation forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I wish common sense and not common law ruled the day. I firmly believe I should be able to smoke ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Fortune500's Avatar

Re: Public smoking ban in parks?

I wish common sense and not common law ruled the day. I firmly believe I should be able to smoke whereever I choose... so long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's right to not be bothered by my choices.
    Wow! Those are beautiful. Let's set 'em on fire!

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune500 View Post
    I firmly believe I should be able to smoke whereever I choose... so long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's right to not be bothered by my choices.
    But if you smoke in public you will give people's clothes cancer. You inconsiderate cancer spewing prick

But on a serious note, I have dealt with these laws for so long that I can't believe people live in places where you can smoke outside of your own property I have forgotten what it is like to be able to go through a park, walk down the street, or stand out on a hotel balcony all while enjoying a smoke.

My state is strict and firm. You can smoke on your own property all you want, but take it out in public and get ready for fines, confiscation, and harassment.
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Newbie in the ocean

So on a side note. I know this sounds really out there however, I want to say it anyway. As a tax paying smokers what are we getting from our goverment. I can not smoke In a park I pay to maintain, I can not smoke outside on a street side walk I helped to pay for. Think about that for just a second. The goverment still requires smokers to pay taxes for the community which we can not use on our terms. We are segregated at grocery stores to stand in smoking only lines for smokes. We are taxed threw the roof just to purchase smokes. The way I see it, smokers are paying taxes for parks and sidewalks that we can not enjoy, and pay way too much tax on the right to buy smokes. Why are they not taxing the crap out of fast food restaurants for obese people for high health care and cracking side walks as well. "Smokers are offensive to others" so is sitting next to a 300 pound person in a plane... This all needs to stop. Be fair to all man kind live and let live. If people want to smoke in a public place post it on the door don't come in if you don't like smoke. If you apply for a job, state that you will be subjected to smokers or don't apply. Stop regulating the planet. If I smoke and own a business I should have the right to allow smoking and who ever wants to come in can and who ever wants to work there can apply. Simple I think. People rights not goverment regulation. Sick of it all.

Newbie in the ocean

you can check the site non smokers' rights foundation where smoking of ecigs are partially banned and not completely in US. Also, check on really-ecigarette (dot) com Really (Electronic Cigarette brand) with its following benefits

Do not contain tar, tobacco or any other carcinogenic substances
    No second-hand smoke
    Alternative smoking experience
    Up to 70% cheaper than traditional cigarettes
    Legal to smoke anywhere: office, bars, clubs, airports
    Work under temperatures ranging from -5 to 42 degrees

you could realize for a better alternative for smoking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3