Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

This is a discussion on Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships within the Travel Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; We prefer Carnival. We found Holland America to be "stuffy" and the median age of the Cruiser tended to be ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

We prefer Carnival. We found Holland America to be "stuffy" and the median age of the Cruiser tended to be 50-60. Carnival is definitely a younger, rowdier crowd, but we enjoy it. I haven't tried the others yet. Like so many other things though it's a personal preference.

Went on a royal Caribbean cruise for new years had a great time and a nice cigar lounge, pretty full every night. Doing another cruise in celebrity next NYE, can't come soon enough!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Wife and I been back a couple of weeks to Cozumel.

Our first cruise celebrating our 42 wedding anniversary.

You mention you sailed to Alaska. What kind of reaction did the ship have to that particular body of water? Took motion sickness med prior to, during, and after to get through it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    We did three cruises last year (Caribbean in January, Bahamas at Easter, Alaska in July). It was a blast. Now we're looking at another Caribbean cruise in January.

Leading Puffer Fish

We went through the inland waterway so there was no rocking at all. Of course, I'm ex-Navy so it never bothers me anyways.

I'm watching you.

Only one Disney Cruise line ship has a smoking lounge, and it's an outdoor one. Sigh. I'd like to cruise once with them for my son's sake, but geez, torture a lady to smoke outside :P
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Young Puffer Fish

As per my knowledge, Airlines leaders in smoke-free revolution, followed by restaurants and hotels that gradually in separate smoking areas and then eliminate them completely. Now is the day of local governments throughout the United States and Europe have enacted legislation banning smokers from bars and outdoor cafes to some.

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

Too bad I started smoking after the cruise lines curtailed cigar lounges/bars. Most do have at least one inside venue that allows cigar smoking, which is usually the nightclub, jazz or piano bar. My preferred liens are Royal Caribbean and Carnival, and I have an upcoming trip on Carnival, and a trip on Royal booked for later in the year, so I'll report back my findings on how tolerant they are of cigar smokers now.

StraightUpCigars.com Straight Up Cigars's Avatar

Real curious about this sjcruiser. Keep us updated!
    Cigar reviews and info at StraightUpCigars.com!

Puffer Fish with some spikes paulb1970's Avatar

I cruised Carniva; Victory from April 20th - 26th this year and smoked in a nice lounge called the red and black seas lounge , equipped with flat screens and ocean views as well as 2 locations designated for smoking on the outside decks. Many people didn't iknow that we could smoke cigars onboard and let it show that they were envious of me fully enjoying my sticks to the fullest!...haha!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Coasty's Avatar

Anyone been on the NCL Star lately? Going to do a 14 dayer through Panama. No stops in the Crib. except for Cartagena. What is ship policy when it comes to cigars and any shops in Cartagena, recommended?
    Anyone that hates dogs and kids can't be all bad - W.C. Fields

We are going on the Norwegian Epic in early January. Leaves Miami and goes to St. Thomas, St Maarten and Bahamas.

1. Has anybody gone on the Epic? They have a cigar bar. Reaction? Overpriced? Better bringing my own? Can I smoke on my balcony?

2. What about purchasing cigars in St. Thomas, St. Maarten or the Bahamas? Any suggested placed to go?

Puffer Fish with some spikes Coasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deke View Post
    We are going on the Norwegian Epic in early January. Leaves Miami and goes to St. Thomas, St Maarten and Bahamas.

1. Has anybody gone on the Epic? They have a cigar bar. Reaction? Overpriced? Better bringing my own? Can I smoke on my balcony?

2. What about purchasing cigars in St. Thomas, St. Maarten or the Bahamas? Any suggested placed to go?
    On our last NCL cruise (Spirit) the prices on the ship were too high for my pocket. And the ones on shore were outrages. Good thing I brought my own sticks. On our upcoming Star cruise I plan on bringing about 30 of my 90+ rated cigars and then buying bunch at Cuban Crafters in Miami before we fly back to AZ.
    Anyone that hates dogs and kids can't be all bad - W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Coasty View Post
    On our last NCL cruise (Spirit) the prices on the ship were too high for my pocket. And the ones on shore were outrages. Good thing I brought my own sticks. On our upcoming Star cruise I plan on bringing about 30 of my 90+ rated cigars and then buying bunch at Cuban Crafters in Miami before we fly back to AZ.
    Thanks -- exactly what I wanted to know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Is there such a thing as a cigar lounge that doesnt allow cigarette smoking? Love cigar smoke, hate cigarette smoke.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

While that would be a nice gesture I dont think you can rule out smoking a cigarette in a cigar lounge on a ship. From what I saw the last cruise I went in I never saw a cigarette smoker in it but with things getting tighter by the day I can totally see someone seeking out a place to have a smoke regardless of the tobacco type.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast