Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

This is a discussion on Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships within the Travel Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; It seems as though smoking policies on cruises ships changes as quickly as anything else. I came up on this ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

It seems as though smoking policies on cruises ships changes as quickly as anything else. I came up on this one as my wife and I were looking to go on yet another cruise...this time in April on the Celebrity Solstice which is a beautiful ship that was built in Dec. 2008. It isn't the mega ship as we see coming from RCCL lately...this one comes in at 122,000 tons and holds 2800 passengers while we have seen a lot of ships that tend to be in the 125,000 to 128,000 tons that will hold up to 4000 passengers. What I like about Celebrity is that they are holding down the amount of passengers and treat them better with more staff while the others ones just want "asses in the seats" and do not provide enough staff to take care of their passengers. The ship has 2 indoor smoking venues which look great and one side of the ship is dedicated to smoking as well. The best thing is if anyone has $599 P/P for a balcony for the E. Caribbean this is a friggin bargain and it includes a $100 onboard credit ( that we use for the specialty restaurants....you can use this credit for anything on the ship),

The itinerary is: Leaves Ft. Lauderdale> San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maarten> Ft. Lauderdale ....excellent ports of call and great ship.

Cruise Line Smoking Policies | Cruise Talk Central

Photos of the cigar lounge...just one of two lounges...I'll be living here obviously!

Last edited by Cigary; 03-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Re: Updated Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

Thanks Gary!

Scotch & Cigars

Thanks for the info brother.

Puffer Fish with many spikes baderjkbr's Avatar

Wow nice. Great deal Gary and nice cigar lounge.
    Just call me Joe.

No longer a community member.

Thanks Gary some day Bro some day!

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Thanks Gary some day Bro some day!
    Count on it Dave!

Another Amazing Cruise! Saw this from a retailer that sends me specials a couple times a year and this is one that ranks right up there. I understand this particular cruise is beyond reach for some but if you are retired and have some extra money....this is one of those ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEALS.

Celebrity Cruise---Equinox 16 night
    Includes Air fare from Miami and all transfers

$1800 for an Ocean View Cabin w/$100 onboard credit -- Total with taxes is $2114 p/p
    $2000 for a Balcony Cabin w/$100 onboard credit-- Total with taxes is $2314 p/p
    2 night stay in Rome

check in Rome on Nov. 28 for 2 nights ( included in price )

Ports of call:
    Rome, Italy
    Florence, Italy
    Provence, France
    Barcelona, Spain
    Caragena, Spain
    Ponta Delgada, Azores ( same as Madeira Portugal )
    6 nights of cruising across the Atlantic....this is amazing
    and relaxing at the same time...highly recommended.
    Ft. Lauderdale

We did this cruise about 2 years ago and thought we got a great deal then but this one beats our last one by $800...we paid $5200 then.
    I have a feeling this one has our name on it and this ship is rated amazingly HIGH...great food, cabins, etc. etc.

Puffer Fish with many spikes baderjkbr's Avatar

Hows the weather in Nov?
    Just call me Joe.

Beautiful lounge. Thanks for the update Gary!

Young Puffer Fish

Definitely a good deal! I can't wait to go on another cruise. I still don't get that I grew up in South Florida and just last year went on my first cruise.

baderjkbr, I actually went at the end of November last year and the weather was great, well at least to me. The seas were a little choppy one of the nights but wasn't enough to bother us at all. We went to Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. The water was kind of cold but the locals told us that it was that way pretty much year round.

Bob

Glad I popped into this thread thanks for all the info...
    IMAGINE

Quote Originally Posted by baderjkbr View Post
    Hows the weather in Nov?
    I usually go by myself in Oct thru December and the weather is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian cigars View Post
    Definitely a good deal! I can't wait to go on another cruise. I still don't get that I grew up in South Florida and just last year went on my first cruise.

baderjkbr, I actually went at the end of November last year and the weather was great, well at least to me. The seas were a little choppy one of the nights but wasn't enough to bother us at all. We went to Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West. The water was kind of cold but the locals told us that it was that way pretty much year round.
    Tis true...that part of the Bahamas is really great for that 4 or 5 night cruise...Nassau, Private Island and Key West are great for a short cruise. RCCL is one of those where you can get a 4 nighter for under $200 p/p and if you are a Florida native you can grab a 3 nighter for nearly nothing and just hit a private island and one other one...eat like a maniac and smoke under the starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Glad I popped into this thread thanks for all the info...
    If you can wait for last minute cruises and get yourself on the email lists some cruises like the ones I take in winter are so cheap it's insane not to go on them...I did one for 4 nights on the RCCL Majesty of the Seas for $129....smoked so many cigars and sat by the pool and watched the little nymphs running around with dental floss bathing suits getting drunker than sailors...good think I'm a married man or I'd be in sick bay getting shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    It seems as though smoking policies on cruises ships changes as quickly as anything else. I came up on this one as my wife and I were looking to go on yet another cruise...this time in April on the Celebrity Solstice which is a beautiful ship that was built in Dec. 2008. It isn't the mega ship as we see coming from RCCL lately...this one comes in at 122,000 tons and holds 2800 passengers while we have seen a lot of ships that tend to be in the 125,000 to 128,000 tons that will hold up to 4000 passengers. What I like about Celebrity is that they are holding down the amount of passengers and treat them better with more staff while the others ones just want "asses in the seats" and do not provide enough staff to take care of their passengers. The ship has 2 indoor smoking venues which look great and one side of the ship is dedicated to smoking as well. The best thing is if anyone has $599 P/P for a balcony for the E. Caribbean this is a friggin bargain and it includes a $100 onboard credit ( that we use for the specialty restaurants....you can use this credit for anything on the ship),

The itinerary is: Leaves Ft. Lauderdale> San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maarten> Ft. Lauderdale ....excellent ports of call and great ship.

Cruise Line Smoking Policies | Cruise Talk Central

Photos of the cigar lounge...just one of two lounges...I'll be living here obviously!

wow 600 for a week to the eastern witha balcony thats xcellent i usually pay around 8-9 hundred. where did you get a steal like that ? what time period? i want in

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I usually go by myself in Oct thru December and the weather is great.

Tis true...that part of the Bahamas is really great for that 4 or 5 night cruise...Nassau, Private Island and Key West are great for a short cruise. RCCL is one of those where you can get a 4 nighter for under $200 p/p and if you are a Florida native you can grab a 3 nighter for nearly nothing and just hit a private island and one other one...eat like a maniac and smoke under the starts.

If you can wait for last minute cruises and get yourself on the email lists some cruises like the ones I take in winter are so cheap it's insane not to go on them...I did one for 4 nights on the RCCL Majesty of the Seas for $129....smoked so many cigars and sat by the pool and watched the little nymphs running around with dental floss bathing suits getting drunker than sailors...good think I'm a married man or I'd be in sick bay getting shots.
    Yes, I believe the 4 nights for us was under $200, since we are Florida residents. And yes, you will definitely eat! The escargot was amazing! Be sure to get the soda package, if you drink soda of course. We went on the Majesty of the seas and smoking was basically confined to the ouside, even though they do sell cigars in the Viking Crown lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian cigars View Post
    Yes, I believe the 4 nights for us was under $200, since we are Florida residents. And yes, you will definitely eat! The escargot was amazing! Be sure to get the soda package, if you drink soda of course. We went on the Majesty of the seas and smoking was basically confined to the ouside, even though they do sell cigars in the Viking Crown lounge.
    I'm a Ga. resident and people still get the same pricing...it's just a marketing ploy. The best time to get the "Soda Card" is when you are out in International Waters...this way you don't get charged tax. We get our "coffee cards" out at sea instead of at the port...they charge tax when still in port.

***Here's an ALERT for anybody who might be wanting to book a cruise in the future. Google "Jones Act" and understand what this means in terms of booking your next cruise. Long story short you want to start and end your cruise in the same port because if you don't you would be subject to a $300 p/p charge for violating this law. Example: Let's say you book your cruise where you leave out of Ft. Lauderdale but want to book your end point at another destination like New Olreans or Miami or somewhere else in the US...you'd be charge that fee. I had some friends of ours cruise out of Honolulu and then end their cruise in Maui...when they tried to get off the boat they weren't allowed until they paid the $300 p/p charge. They had no idea what the "Jones Act" was all about but they had to pay because they had airline tickets leaving Maui to fly back to the States. We always book leaving the same port and coming back to the same one.

We changed our minds this last week and booked a different Transatlantic Cruise on the Grand Princess leaving from London on Nov 4...for 15 nights. We're going to fly to London 4 days early and see Paris and London first and then board in Southampton that takes us to Belgium, La Havre ( Normandy) Vigo Spain-Lisbon Portugal-Ponta Delgada Azores-Bermuda and then into Ft. Lauderdale. Total cost of the cruise in a balcony cabin was $3000 for both of us. Our one way flight to London for both was $900 and we are using points for hotels so that is free. They just did a complete overhaul of the ship this last week and its first voyage is on May 5 so by the time we cruise the ship will be in perfect condition...can't wait!!!

Full grown Puffer Fish txemtp69's Avatar

sounds like a great trip to take. The lounge is amazing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast