Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Traveling... An addiction.

This is a discussion on Traveling... An addiction. within the Travel Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I have to admit that I think I'm addicted to traveling. I want to get as much in before my ...

Newbie in the ocean

Talking Traveling... An addiction.

I have to admit that I think I'm addicted to traveling. I want to get as much in before my wife and I have our first.

Been to (Europe): Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia.
    Been to (USA): All states but Oregon, New Mexico, and Hawaii.
    Been to (NA): All US Virgin Islands, Tortola, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, and the Yucatan.

Want to go to: New Zealand, Kenya, Uganda, Seychelles, Maldives, Bora Bora, France, Turkey, and China.

Favorite Island: Barbados (Been there 4 times so feel free to ask for any travel tips/advice)
    Favorite Country: Austria
    Favorite Large City: Prague
    Favorite Town: Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland (Unreal place... My fantasy land)
    Favorite State: Montana

Travel is definitely a huge part of who I am and it's a major passion of mine. My wife and I are also big foodies and I can recommend some excellent places to eat... Most importantly, I never leave for trip without a comfortable supply of smokes

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Traveling... An addiction.

One of my pics from Lauterbrunnen...

Name:  Lauterbrunnen.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  98.5 KB
    Last edited by biostockman; 09-21-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Loved Austria as well - traveled through there pretty extensively. Everything from the usual Salzburg/Innsbruck to little towns like Kossen.

Used to hop over the border when I was vacationing in Chiemsee.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Newbie in the ocean

Chiemsee is very nice as well! We passed through there the day we departed Salzburg. If I had to choose to live anywhere besides the US, I'd probably choose to live in Austria.

Nice stuff. I'd never been out of the US until I got my current job in Saudi Arabia. Not much to see here, as it's all desert. Spent three days in Jeddah last year. Not too bad, but it's kind of like the desert at the sea shore.

Went to the Philippines twice this year. Now that was nice. In January, the wife and I went to Baguio on Luzon for a weekend. It was very chilly there at night. Almost needed a sweat shirt. In May, we flew down to Zamboanga to meet her grandmother before our wedding. That was picture perfect. White sandy beaches, blue water, and lots of palm trees.

I can't wait to go back again.
    Doug
    In a sandbox far away from you.

I'm watching you.

If I had the means, I'd be addicted to travel! There's so much in this world I'd love to see. Still, I've driven cross-country four times, and been to almost every state. My son went with me once and 8 years later still talks about that trip.

Austria looks amazing. It's on my bucket list!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

I love to travel but am far from well traveled. I have been all over the U.S. with the exception of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North and South Carolina. If I had the means and the opportunity I would take four ten day trips every year--one every three months. One for absolute crazy fun and one for absolutely incredible fly fishing and two for life experiences, fun, and enhanced education with my children.

The picture from Lauterbrunnen above is so fantastic it doesn't look real. Post more pics if you have them.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Full grown Puffer Fish

Well, we retired several years back and I didn't really know what to expect. A new way of life for certain. Didn't think I would enjoy traveling that much, but I was terribly wrong.

We spent two weeks in Florida year before last, last year no trip because of new grandson, but this year we've done Mexico, and Alaska, and going on a cruise to the Caribbean later this month. I sure enjoy traveling and highly recommend. It's nice not having to hurry anymore to go here and there - then have to get back home and go to work.

We all need to slow down and enjoy the gift of life and what the Creator has provided for us.

My opinion - I think it's a good addiction.

Wife turns 65 in January and my goal is to do a cruise as a birthday present to the Dominican Republic and some of the countries south. I've enjoyed being able to give what little I can and see enjoyment on their faces. We've been married since '70 and have enjoyed each others company.
    Last edited by hogjaw; 10-08-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Young Puffer Fish

Not much to see here, as it's all desert. Spent three days in Jeddah last year. Not too bad, but it's kind of like the desert at the sea shore.

Young Fish

Been there done that and I keep on going! I love travelling, have a travel blog, but now my travels are more to remote, exotic places and not so much more popular destinations...and I love the warmer weather of course

Newbie in the ocean

Ive done quite a bit of travel over the years... managed to fill 2x passports (both with double pages), and am half way through the third one now.. 86 countries in all so far.. many of them have been visited multiple times..

Work has been the primary reason for all the moving around.. but my wife and I like to travel recreationally as well and try to do at least 1 international and a couple of domestic trips each year..

this year we'll be spending a week in Turkey.. and will be doing about 4 days in NYC.. and another week or so at our cabin in southern colorado..

we're already planning 2014 as well.. running the bulls in Pamplona, Spain is on the top of the list right now (strong possibility)..

I dont get around as much these days as I used to for work.. but I still end up in Africa 4+ times a year.. and normally end up in at least 1 other international location every year as well... also usually make 3 or 4 trips to DC, a couple of trips down to the virginia tidewater.. and a couple of trips to other parts of the country as well for work each year..

between the air miles I rack up on work trips.. and the discounts my wife gets on hotels (she works for Marriott).. we pay next to nothing to travel internationally on vacations.. and take full advantage of it every chance we get...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biostockman View Post
    One of my pics from Lauterbrunnen...

Name:  Lauterbrunnen.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  98.5 KB
    Breath taking can't beat the Swiss mountains.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Do what my favorite Aunt did, she opened a travel agency as an excuse to travel at lower rates.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Sdober View Post
    Not much to see here, as it's all desert. Spent three days in Jeddah last year. Not too bad, but it's kind of like the desert at the sea shore.
    Who many guys are agree with me?

mission hill golf

Newbie in the ocean

Really man...
    For me its my obsession! I've travelled a lot and I'm never satisfied. Feels like there are so many unexplored places that I have to see in this life of mine. Want to see each and every corner of God's creation..