Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carniva cruise lines

This is a discussion on Carniva cruise lines within the Travel Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; I have nothing to gain or lose by posting this, but IMO looks like they've done a good job handling ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Carniva cruise lines

I have nothing to gain or lose by posting this, but IMO looks like they've done a good job handling the situation in spite of all the negative things the media has attempted.

Only been on 3 myself - all Carnival so have nothing to compare them to. During our trips you couldn't have asked for a more professional staff, service, cleanliness, and excellent food (luv that chocolate melting cake).

Thankful no injuries or fatalities have occurred.

Envision attorneys will be standing on shore waiting to devour the cruisers for monetary gain.
    KL License #2157

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Re: Carniva cruise lines

God Bless America! Land of the Sue!
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

Have an upcoming trip on Carnival booked, and things happen. Dead engine on Carnival one week, Norovirus on Royal Caribbean and Princess the next. Still won't stop me from cruising. The lawyers are lined up, but most people don't read the cruise contract which limits the ability to sue, especially when no injuries or fatalities occur. In the Carnival case, the media overhyped what happened on board, limiting their interviews to a few passengers wanted to gain 2 minutes in the spotlight. Reviews and reports from passengers posted or sent to all the mainstream cruise forums and magazines, it wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be. I guess sensationalism still gets the publics attention, and sells commercial space, just like violent crimes.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Well, wife and I are getting all geared up for another cruise next week out of New Orleans, and yep on Carnival.

Kinda run in to a problem with my sticks though, they are getting a little soft to the squeeze. May have to add a little more dry KL to cooler.

Looking forward to spending a few days in NOLA, and as many trips as possible to Cafe Dumond. Luv their coffee and beingets(sp?). Cruise is 5 days and may take a little extra time returning home on a different route, maybe Shreveport (never been there) on to Little Rock back in to NE Ark-.

Packing some 15 sticks for security blanket.

Apologize for bad job on spelling Carnival in OP - my bad!
    KL License #2157

Puffer Fish with some spikes paulb1970's Avatar

I just got back from a carnival cruise to ocho rios jamiaca and grand cayman.....We had a ball!!...........no complaints here!!

We cruised on the Carnival Victory out Miami

Full grown Puffer Fish

paulb1970,

glad you had a great cruise. Never been to Ocho Rios, but sure I would enjoy. Think I must have some Spanish blood somewhere along the lines as I enjoy their weather and foods.
    KL License #2157

Puffer Fish with some spikes paulb1970's Avatar

Hogjaw.....it's nice there......the locals are a little aggressive .......och rios is jamaica though....

Full grown Puffer Fish

I guess this time was mother nature showing she's in control. Still rock'n to and fro with motion sickness as I write. Taking bonine.

Arrived back home late last night.

Wife and I cruised to Progresso and Cozumel. Got in middle of major thunderstorm a couple hours out of Progresso. Most went to their rooms. Info on tv showed 50 to 76 mph gusts. Have no idea what kind of waves that produced.

Service, room, and food excellent.

An enjoyable trip - looking for something already in near future with Carnival. Think I'm addicted to that Caribbean weather.
    KL License #2157

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by hogjaw View Post
    I guess this time was mother nature showing she's in control. Still rock'n to and fro with motion sickness as I write. Taking bonine.

Arrived back home late last night.

Wife and I cruised to Progresso and Cozumel. Got in middle of major thunderstorm a couple hours out of Progresso. Most went to their rooms. Info on tv showed 50 to 76 mph gusts. Have no idea what kind of waves that produced.

Service, room, and food excellent.

An enjoyable trip - looking for something already in near future with Carnival. Think I'm addicted to that Caribbean weather.
    I've never been on a cruise but I'd like to some day!

I have however stay almost a week in Ocho Rios.......I love Jamaica!

Did a cruise on Carnival and found it to be more family oriented. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen was 'Half Moon Quay' I believe it's owned by Carnival.

It was a step up when we went on Norwegian cruise lines (Pearl). I liked it better and the food and restaurants were superior to Carnival as well as the room was nicer also. (Out of Miami)

Full grown Puffer Fish

Been looking at Norwegian also and may do something other than Carnival next. I always look at cost first, but that may not be the right way to approach the 'looking'.

Agree on Half Moon being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    Did a cruise on Carnival and found it to be more family oriented. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen was 'Half Moon Quay' I believe it's owned by Carnival.

It was a step up when we went on Norwegian cruise lines (Pearl). I liked it better and the food and restaurants were superior to Carnival as well as the room was nicer also. (Out of Miami)
    KL License #2157

Full grown Puffer Fish

We returned Saturday from another to Progresso/Cozumel. Fortunate to have MIL, BIL/girlfriend, son and his family on this trip.

Had staterooms on Riviera deck and made for a more pleasant ride for me (bonine only 2x daily).

Excellent weather. Would like to have small house in Cozumel to visit from time to time (me dreaming).
    KL License #2157

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

I've been on 13 Carnival cruises to date and will be going on my 3rd one this year in a few weeks. I've been on the 7 day, 5 day, but prefer the 3 day fri-mon trips. You can't beat the cost at $275 a person. I've tried Royal Caribbean and hated them! Service was bad, food was so so and to make matters worse I dive in the pool swim to the side and realize my eyes are on fire!! Not sure what they did, but the pool was salt water with something in it that just burns the crap out of your eyes. I could barely see for the next few hours and had to deal with puffy tender eyes for the whole weekend. No signs no warning nothing about the pool at all!!

One of the biggest reasons I like cruising is the short crap tables. If you get a spot next to the stick man you can short throw the die about 1' with a full arm extension. I usually make a few thousand if I get my technique down right and get the die hoping correctly!!

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

Was on the Breeze during the Labor Day Holiday and we had a ball!!!! Although the only cigar smoking areas was your room balcony, Deck 11, or the Promenade, it was still a great cruise, and we were able to enjoy some great smokes with other BOTL and SOTL. The only "bad" part of the cruise were all the "ballers" who looked foolish just walking around waving their CC's, trying to impress the ladies!! We're looking into a last minute cruise on the Splendor for the first two weeks in December. The prices are rock bottom for an 8 night cruise ($400pp total), but we have to line up the house/dog sitters before we book.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Have to agree - think Half Moon is the prettiest place I've been. Really enjoyed the day there. Heard also that it's owned by Carnival.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post

KL License #2157

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast