Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cruise with grandsons coming up

This is a discussion on Cruise with grandsons coming up within the Travel Forum forums, part of the Non Cigar Related Specialty Forums category; this weekend. They are 12, 11 and are excited. Their first 7 day. Going to Belize, and Honduras via Carnival ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Cruise with grandsons coming up

this weekend. They are 12, 11 and are excited. Their first 7 day. Going to Belize, and Honduras via Carnival Dream.

Both have had a busy school year and wife and I have wanted to do Disney with them, but cost is right at 3X Carnival. Not saying they're not worth it, because they are, but can't afford this year. Remember, we're in a recession or something like that.

Looking forward to seeing them enjoy their time plus spending quality time with them. I may even go swimming providing I can fall in the pool.

Got my traveldor "certified" and ready to begin the pick from the coolidor. Have enjoyed my coolidor because now I have a few choices to pick from. Really have upscaled, at least for me, got some Don Pepin Garcia Legado settling in, plus Padrons, Oliva, RJ Fernandez, Nestor Plascensia, and of course my dear ole 'fumas'. Good thing about the fumas if I don't like I throw in the hedge.

Lost my phone on cruise in January, only to find it in the car couple days AGO. I get a new phone, but it costed me, and have enjoyed it (Android/Straighttalk). My first that will surf.

Now I can go somewhere, pull it out and act like reading important personal messages from Wall Street or my broker, which I don't have, when I'm really just admiring it plus pushing a few buttons on the Settings menu or looking a pics. They don't know the difference - really they don't pay attention to me.

Lost my truck keys couple months ago - found them in car between seats last week.

Yes, this has been my most 'Lost' year in quite sometime.

Hope I don't lose way to port

Best Regards,

Jimmy
    KL License #2157

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Cruise with grandsons coming up

We left NOLA on 6/22 and arrived back on the 29th.

Excellent and a very smooth ride. Boys had a good time also. Did some side excursions. Rented a cab in Cozumel and told the driver I want them to see as much of the city as we could safely go in to, things that would interest them. He was excellent touring guide.

We sailed to Cozumel, Belize, then on to Mahogany Bay (Roatan, Honduras). This was their first 7 day cruise, the first cruise without their parents or other brothers. They got 100 percent of our time. On boat they visited Camp Circle, their age group and met new friends and got in on the activities.

We ate, ate, and ate. They made a game of which one could eat the most ice cream cones daily. Winner did 7.

Carnival Dream tendered in Belize and we did the beach/lunch for the day.

Docked in Mahogany Bay and beach for the day.

It was a great time for me and wife to have one on one time with them, and time with them as grandsons. Bought 4 walkie talkies and they came in handy toward the end of the cruise pertaining to locating and answering questions. We tried not to bother them too much.

Docked back in NOLA, had a great breakfast and 6 hour drive home.

We needed a day to rest up upon arriving at home. Great trip. Highly recommend Carnival, and the Carnival Dream ship/crew.

It was a very enjoyable trip.
    KL License #2157

Puffer Fish with many spikes Nature's Avatar

sounds like a great trip!
    Its great you were able to provide an experience for them they should remember for a lifetime.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Sounds like a great trip. Disney is over rated ever since ABC took over running things. Last time I was there it was miserable and we spent nearly all the time in the magic kingdom. Went to epcot, they are having a beer and wine festival and at 10 am I about beat the shit out of a college student for running over my foot with an electric trolley, you know the kind they have in walmart that you always see the fat asses driving because they are too damned lazy to walk. He and a bunch of his buddies were running from point to point grabbing beer samples, the basket on the front was full of beer and he was already DUI at 10am. I let it go with a nice wet slap to the back of the neck that I know stung like hell and left a huge red mark. I triple dog dared him to get up! He didnt. Then we wander over to MGM and you cant move anywhere because ABC is using MGM for for a soap opera convention. We were staying on the property at the boardwalk and just trying to get breakfast was another challenge. There was a bakery right behind the hotel and the line was at least 200 people deep. I found out why an hour later when I got to the front. These people would never make it in a stand alone business. At least 10 people in there with one or two of them baking goods. The gal running the resister took your order and if it was anything that took prep time like a sausage biscuit etc. the entire line came to a halt while she went and made that sandwich. Eating everywhere else was just as bad and I vowed that if we ever went again we would NEVER stay on property so we would have a better choice for meals. Anything on property that is worth eating at is booked 6 months out.

So while you may think you let them down you actually gave them a better time!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Sounds like you had a great time, we've been talking about doing a cruise now that all our kids are a little older. Will have to look into the ship you used.

Dang Rob, what time of year did you go? Last time we went it was late December and it was horrible. The time before that we went in mid October and it was great weather was nice and not to busy Animal Kingdom was my favorite. I agree about staying on property is overrated. You can stay in the downtown disney area though and still get the package deals if you want plus there are a bunch of restaurants in the area. And they have buses running back and forth all day, even let you in the parks an hour early.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

It was early November that we went. The wifey had to go on business so the hotel and her airfare and meals were already covered. So me and the kids booked flights too. It was crap right out of the gate as when we arrived we had to stay at one of the uhhh........economy class places there which is nowhere near that of the Boardwalk resort that was reserved and paid for. I was having a hissy fit because they just flat overbooked the Boardwalk. Well one night in the fleabag inn and thanks to my bitching we got 5 day park hopper passes free and while me and the kids were at the magic kingdom the next day they moved all out bags over.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

We're getting ready for our cruise on the Sunshine in a few weeks going to the same places. It's our second trip to these ports, but the first with most of the family, extended and otherwise. The B.I.L.'s are all preparing our traveldors, herfadors, and other contraptions for the trip. We decided that this will be a premium smoking cruise with just the good stuff (Opus's, Fuente, Padron), along with some stuff of the CA top 10 list for the past few years. It's a 7 day trip, but we're packing enough to share between ourselves, and other BOTL that may be onboard.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcruiser36 View Post
    We're getting ready for our cruise on the Sunshine in a few weeks going to the same places. It's our second trip to these ports, but the first with most of the family, extended and otherwise. The B.I.L.'s are all preparing our traveldors, herfadors, and other contraptions for the trip. We decided that this will be a premium smoking cruise with just the good stuff (Opus's, Fuente, Padron), along with some stuff of the CA top 10 list for the past few years. It's a 7 day trip, but we're packing enough to share between ourselves, and other BOTL that may be onboard.
    KL License #2157

I, and most Puff members would prefer to see pictures! Some Puffers even say, "No pictures, it did not happen"
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Leading Puffer Fish sjcruiser36's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hogjaw View Post
    Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip.
    Thanks Bro!!! I think its going to be a great trip!!! A few of the women in our family just started smoking cigars (ask for a puff or two from our smokes), and a few enjoy a Kuba every now and then. I picked up a few Ashton Cabinet, and a pack of Wafe's for them to share, which should keep them out of our stashes while on the trip. They enjoy PC's, and don't have the desire to sit and smoke for an hour or so. They know were going to Cozumel, and will be making a special stop at the LCDH for some smokes to enjoy while on the cruise. Two have been with me and the B.I.L's when we went to Graycliff's and Havana House in Nassau, so I think it'll be a great experience with the entire crew doing some shopping together.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-027.jpg - Cozumel entertainment :-(

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-046.jpgCruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-149.jpg

Pic 2 - Close quarters at dock

Pic 3 - Belize

Pic 4 - Smoking porch being let down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-082.jpg   Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-25-062.jpg   Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-001.jpg   Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-24-081.jpg  
    Last edited by hogjaw; 07-31-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    KL License #2157

Full grown Puffer Fish

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-25-068.jpg

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-26-010.jpg

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-26-004.jpg

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-26-071.jpg

Cruise with grandsons coming up-2014-06-26-132.jpg

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Honduras.
    Last edited by hogjaw; 07-31-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: comments
    KL License #2157

Full grown Puffer Fish