Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Havana 59 - Richmond, VA ???

This is a discussion on Havana 59 - Richmond, VA ??? within the Virginia forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Havana59 16 North 17th Street Richmond, VA 23219 (804) 780-2822 I just had the chance to visit this restaurant twice ...

Havana 59 - Richmond, VA ???

Havana59
    16 North 17th Street
    Richmond, VA 23219
    (804) 780-2822

I just had the chance to visit this restaurant twice in the past week or so. It resides just west of the 17th street farmers market, and is easy to locate by the palms hanging out from the 2nd story balcony. Once you walk inside, you can either turn left to enter the bar, or be seated in the room you are in. Stairs are to the right which lead up to a 2nd floor bar and open air balcony. Smoking is permitted in the bar area, though I'm not sure about the balcony and 2nd story bar (I was up there for an alumni event at the time).

My buddy, his fiance, and another friend, sat at a booth in the bar area one evening and went through a small bunch of cigars that we had brought with us. The waitress was extremely helpful in emptying the small ashtray and removing the leftover nubs. I didn't see a cigar "menu", but my friend told me they do sell cigars there as well.

The interior of the restaurant is interesting, of course being decorated to be reminiscent of pre-embargo Havana, and made for a pleasant place to have a drink and smoke. They also had the entire front of the restaurant open air the evening we went because of the great weather.
    Last edited by cecald; 09-16-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated info