Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rain city cigar

This is a discussion on Rain city cigar within the Washington forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Me and my buddy are going to make a run down to check out Rain City Cigar this Saturday. Seems ...

Rain city cigar

Me and my buddy are going to make a run down to check out Rain City Cigar this Saturday. Seems like this is one of the premiere tobacco shops in Washington. Any other good shops we should check out while in the area? Might stop by the lit lounge while in the area and check it out too. This is going to be a midday affair as we gots a party to attend up north in the evening. Any suggestions for other shops would be aprecated. Maybe get a thread started here with locations / ratings of cigar shops us locals have been too. A directory of sorts...

Re: Rain city cigar

Best cigar store I've been to! Thanks to Legion for bringing this store to my attention. I think I will have to make a monthly trek down south to hit this store up. Here's a few pics I snapped, great selection, great prices and the gentleman (forgot his name ) running the store was very friendly and helpful.

Rain City Cigar
    5963 Corson Ave. S. Seattle, WA 98108 206-767-3619

Elder Puffer Fish Leader karmaz00's Avatar

i have been there a few times...really nice people....

Very nice store. If you are up Kirkland way, you might Try the "Tobacco Patch" He has a good selection.

Thanks for the tip baba. Have to add that one to the list to visit. Next trip down south gonna hit JnJ in shoreline and hopefully swing into kirkland as well now

Quote Originally Posted by Juicestain View Post
    Thanks for the tip baba. Have to add that one to the list to visit. Next trip down south gonna hit JnJ in shoreline and hopefully swing into kirkland as well now
    If you up this way maybe we can meet for a cigar in Kirkland at the waterfront. PM me if this work for you.

Just to follow up since Juice didn't... we hit JnJ, and at first glance it looked to be another smoke shop that carries junk sticks, bongs and the like, but was pleasantly surprised. The proprietor was quite versed in his inventory, made some good recommendations, and overall had good inventory with some sticks that I was looking for that we were unable to obtain at Rain City.

What and where is "JNJ" cigars?

JnJ Cigar
    15407 Westminster Way N Ste 5C
    Shoreline, WA 98133
    206-440-1474

This store was recommended by Llyod (Legion), and is one of those cigarette / cigar stores although much better selection, and decent prices then most. Has a few cabinets and a decent sized walk in humi. Very good selection of Tatuaje. Didn't have my camera on me or I would have snapped a few picks. Sales person seemed knowledgeable and was helpfull. Recommemeded if your in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicestain View Post
    JnJ Cigar
    15407 Westminster Way N Ste 5C
    Shoreline, WA 98133
    206-440-1474

This store was recommended by Llyod (Legion), and is one of those cigarette / cigar stores although much better selection, and decent prices then most. Has a few cabinets and a decent sized walk in humi. Very good selection of Tatuaje. Didn't have my camera on me or I would have snapped a few picks. Sales person seemed knowledgeable and was helpfull. Recommemeded if your in the area.
    I know the owner of this store. I have been there for cigar tastings. Pete Johonson will have a cigar tasting there on September 4th - so don't miss out
    I went to his last tasting at this shop, and had a great time. The shop owner let us smoke cigars in the shop for the tasting. They also have a back room with seating for cigar smokers.
    He does have an excellent selection. I just got some Eppernays through his shop. His nephew has a shop in Monroe where I live. The shop is ok, with a decent selection, but not as good as the shoreline store.

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    Pete Johonson will have a cigar tasting there on September 4th - so don't miss out
    Definitely going to try and make it down for this. Signed up for the mailing list so hopefully I will get the heads up for these events.

I would have to say that rain city is the best the people are really nice, the patch in kirkland is right by my house they have just about everything thing but the guy who works there is not nice at all, and they tax on some things. Jnj was a nice too the guy there is really nice and they do have a pretty good humi. Also in evertt on 99 there is a smoke shop i think its called evertt smoke or something its right by the schucks and some dinner down 99 by the walmart, he has alot of stuff and everytime ive spent 50 or more there he always gives me a free stick, he is really nice the only thing is dont buy opus there, he wanted 40 bucks for one. I would never pay over 15 or 20 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by jessejava187 View Post
    I would have to say that rain city is the best the people are really nice, the patch in kirkland is right by my house they have just about everything thing but the guy who works there is not nice at all, and they tax on some things. Jnj was a nice too the guy there is really nice and they do have a pretty good humi. Also in evertt on 99 there is a smoke shop i think its called evertt smoke or something its right by the schucks and some dinner down 99 by the walmart, he has alot of stuff and everytime ive spent 50 or more there he always gives me a free stick, he is really nice the only thing is dont buy opus there, he wanted 40 bucks for one. I would never pay over 15 or 20 for one.
    That shop on the corner of 99 (evergreen way) and 116th street is called Everett Cigar and Tobacco (11108 Evergreen Way Suite #C, Everett WA). That is a great shop as well, I stop by there frequently when I'm working in the area. You are right about the Opus's and a few other of the top shelf sticks, way way overpriced.

i'm a noob - just want to chime in & say that Rain City is my favorite shop in the Seattle area. i do swing by the Tobacco Patch on Yesler every now & then - just because it's conveniently located between work & the Pioneer Square Saloon

We do have a decient shop in Monroe - it is right next to the UPS store. Not a large selection - but it carries Tatuajes - illusione - Arturo Fuente and more. The owner is a nephew of the owner of JNJ cigars.