Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

good watches

This is a discussion on good watches within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by tpharkman I love watches and prefer the Citizen Eco Drive. Citizen has never failed me! ok..maybe one ...

Re: good watches

Quote Originally Posted by tpharkman View Post
    I love watches and prefer the Citizen Eco Drive.
    Citizen has never failed me! ok..maybe one time but its back to normal. I had my first Citizen watch when I got out of high school. Then when I moved to VA, I bought an Eco Drive. Lasted me years until a pin popped out and I lost it. Took me forever to find someone who had a pin. It took me so long that I had to buy another Eco Drive..lol. Not even a week after, I found someone who had the pins for the watch.

Both have been through hell and back and they're still ticking and the glass looks clear as day. Gotta love em!

I lived by the watch!.....Took it off 10 year ago and haven't put one on since!
    Stogie Newb-a-notknow
    It's what You Learn After You Know It ALL!....That Counts!!!

Maturing Puffer Fish SanchoAnchovy's Avatar

Don't want to hijack the thread, but since it's got the attention of some people who know watches, I'll throw a question in.

I'm in dire need of a watch for my work that's digital, shock-resistant, fluid-resistant, 24-hour display format, and has at least 3 separate alarms.

The multiple alarms is the hard thing to get. Obviously a G-Shock meets most of the requirements, but I'm not sure about alarms.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoAnchovy View Post
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but since it's got the attention of some people who know watches, I'll throw a question in.

I'm in dire need of a watch for my work that's digital, shock-resistant, fluid-resistant, 24-hour display format, and has at least 3 separate alarms.

The multiple alarms is the hard thing to get. Obviously a G-Shock meets most of the requirements, but I'm not sure about alarms.

Any suggestions?
    casio gshock!

I just got my sister one, and it had 3 alarms

this one has 4 alarms

G9000MS-1 - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO

any questions, feel free to pm me. I know too much about watches

Into the Wild Blue Yonder Frinkiac7's Avatar

Whoops, link didn't work. Try this.

you can find a lot of those elgin watches in Elgin,Il at estate sales. I had a few, but sold them off.

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

The only brand I've used for years is Seiko. I like the styling, they're reliable and they have some good value watches.

This is what I wear(not my pic) but I have two others:

I like this titanium because it's well under $150 and it's insanely lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by BMack View Post
    The only brand I've used for years is Seiko. I like the styling, they're reliable and they have some good value watches.

This is what I wear(not my pic) but I have two others:

I like this titanium because it's well under $150 and it's insanely lightweight.
    Seiko is what they sell at the jeweler I go to. Martins jewelers off kings in brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by gibson_es View Post
    Seiko is what they sell at the jeweler I go to. Martins jewelers off kings in brandon.
    check out the seiko edifice. Its more a line that seiko makes, but really nice!

I have had this watch for almost 20 years. Mine has the stainless bracelet.

Great rugged, inexpensive watch

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEYQ8wIwAg#
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

I have a invicta russian diver and love it although its a little big but I'm not a small guy so it works for me.
    Corporal Punishment!

Master Illusione-a-Tatist Sarge's Avatar

I love my Tag!! though I have been thinking it's time for something new when I get a chance...

I have a Tissot here, needs a new battery, but that thing was awesome for like 5 years before I bought my Tag. The jeweler I use to go to mentioned Tissot is actually a baby company of Rolex? Anyway they make spectacular watches & have some great Chronographs. A friend of mine still has his from like 98 and it's in excellent condition, looks new, & still works great. Tissot is always a name I mention to anyone looking for a $200-500 watch. Think you find them for around $200 if you shop around. At least time I was looking @ them that was the cheaper going rate online...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I love my Tag!! though I have been thinking it's time for something new when I get a chance...

I have a Tissot here, needs a new battery, but that thing was awesome for like 5 years before I bought my Tag. The jeweler I use to go to mentioned Tissot is actually a baby company of Rolex? Anyway they make spectacular watches & have some great Chronographs. A friend of mine still has his from like 98 and it's in excellent condition, looks new, & still works great. Tissot is always a name I mention to anyone looking for a $200-500 watch. Think you find them for around $200 if you shop around. At least time I was looking @ them that was the cheaper going rate online...
    tissot is amazing, but not part of rolex. tudor is part of rolex.

If anyone wants to virtually wear a tissot, check this out! its really cool

http://www.tissot.ch/reality/

I love my rolex though.

i rock a fake Panerai. i cant afford the real thing.

I'm a watch collector/nut, but do not know a thing about Elgin.

I would contact Tourneau and see if they can help you.
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast