Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

good watches

This is a discussion on good watches within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by cp478 I have a invicta russian diver and love it although its a little big but I'm ...

Re: good watches

Quote Originally Posted by cp478 View Post
    I have a invicta russian diver and love it although its a little big but I'm not a small guy so it works for me.
    How do you like your Russian Diver? I heard quality control with Invicta is hit or miss but there's a few models in that line that intrigues me!

I have an Invicta Chronograph model 0500 and I love it It's kinda heavy for a watch (12oz).
    But I can understand hearing about quality control issues. I had to exchange the first one I had the day after I got it cause one of the hands for the timer came off.

I don't own any real luxury watches, but I do own a few nice ones; My two favorites are my Seiko Kinetic and the Bulova Mechanical. Given that I don't really like gaudy, blingy watches, there are very few that I could justify spending huge cash on. That being said, if someone up and gave me a Chopard or an IWC, I'd be maximally thrilled.

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

I was expecting more Rolex's on this forum

Blake, what did you need done on your Elgin?
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coop D View Post
    I was expecting more Rolex's on this forum

Blake, what did you need done on your Elgin?
    dont really need anything done, i finally got a new batt in it a few months ago. im just trying to find info on it, like how much its worth (not much) and maybe even a timeframe of when it was made (not too long ago) and things like that. its not an elgin as in the old ass ones worth some real money, its the newer elgin. elgin sold out to another company a long time ago but the name stayed the same... blah blah. dont know the whole story.

Only certain old Elgin's are worth some money. I think I have 2 sitting in the shop that are collecting dust since they are really small cases and everyone wants huge watches now days

damn, wanna trade?

hahaha. just messin. i like old anything, value or not.... didnt know you did watches

I do my wife, but I collect watches!!!!

Full grown Puffer Fish Domino68's Avatar

I do my wife, but I collect watches!!!!

coop coop coop.... tisk tisk. lol.

everyone wants huge watches now days
    I think when a watch face is bigger than one's wrist, it's a horrible thing. I snagged an Invicta on the cheap (which is good, since they're cheap watches) just to see how it wore. I wore it for maybe a month, and then was back to my Guess Tach that I wear on a daily basis. I don't think the Invicta has been out of its box since.

I think the huge "50 Cent" looking watches are stupid!!!!

Newbie in the ocean

Cool Re: good watches

Quote Originally Posted by gibson_es View Post
    dont really need anything done, i finally got a new batt in it a few months ago. im just trying to find info on it, like how much its worth (not much) and maybe even a timeframe of when it was made (not too long ago) and things like that. its not an elgin as in the old ass ones worth some real money, its the newer elgin. elgin sold out to another company a long time ago but the name stayed the same... blah blah. dont know the whole story.
    i think elgin was bought by M.Z.Berger(out of N.Y.C.) along with Gruen & possibly Waltham etc. vintage elgin are nice, collectable, not especially rare or expensive except for precious metal versions of course. production, age & condition always make the difference. modern elgin probably use a very inexpensive movement. just my 2 cents

Your 2 cents sounds very accurate!!!

yep. sounds about right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast