Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

good watches

This is a discussion on good watches within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; i have a watch, its good for my standards, its no $3000 omega seamaster or a rolex, its more in ...

  
  1. #1

    gonna be a daddy! gibson_es's Avatar


     

    good watches

    i have a watch, its good for my standards, its no $3000 omega seamaster or a rolex, its more in the range of fossil watches. i have an elgin diamond, good looking watch i think, my mom tends to get rid of anything that is my dads that he dont use, this was one of them, he weres his omega or muvado, and the other watches just get dust, so this one she gave to me about a year ago, just needed a batt. i never got around to it and it sat in a drawer for a while, finally about a week or so ago i remembered to take it to the jewler and have him but a batt in for me, however, he does not sell elgin watches, and could tell my anything about it, exept that its probly worth somewere beetween $100- $200. i have tried looking it up online and cant find shit on elgin, i find info on the old elgin that stopped making watches in the 60's but all i can find on this one is that is made by mz something co. lol i had never heard of elgin til she gave me this watch, because im not a watch guy, i like omegas, but i just dont have the budget to be a watch collector, so i was wondering does anyone on here know anything about them, or this watch, or know were i could get info on this particular model? i have worn it everyday sense i put the new batt. in, and i like it, but i cant stand having something of decent to good qualitiy and know knowing about it. it drives me crazy.



    photos to come.

  2. #2

    The Mad Roofer Zfog's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    One way too tell if a watch is good quality IMO is if it actually has a movement inside and not just a bunch of electronics. Of course their are some nice digitals out their but I'm biased. My father is a HUGE collector so I am braiwashed.
    Even some Movados are digital now I believe. But don't quote me on that. I had an Omega for about a year that my dad gave me and it was pretty nice. He took that back and gave me my Passed Grandfathers Rolex which is wicked nice. I would not be able to buy this myself so don't take this as bragging at all. I hardly get to wear it since I'm in construction.

    I have not heard of yours but the all powerful Google must have something about it.

  3. #3

    Don Yeyo Cigar Factory Stubby's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    I have two Casio G-Shock watches that I wear. I even wear one of them with my suit as it looks pretty darn good. So far they are the only watches I have owned that can keep up with the abuse I put them through.

    Kayaking, woodworking, snorkeling, hiking some pretty rough terrain, ect. They will do anything and still look brand new when you are done.

    This one is my favorite. It has been through hell and back with me.

    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi.../G2900_Series/

  4. #4

    The Mad Roofer Zfog's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    I should get one for work, pretty cool!


    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    I have two Casio G-Shock watches that I wear. I even wear one of them with my suit as it looks pretty darn good. So far they are the only watches I have owned that can keep up with the abuse I put them through.

    Kayaking, woodworking, snorkeling, hiking some pretty rough terrain, ect. They will do anything and still look brand new when you are done.

    This one is my favorite. It has been through hell and back with me.

    G2900 Series - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO

  5. #5

    Teh Kid thegoldenmackid's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Hey Blake.

    Put as much pictures and info as you can on here, father's occupation is antique watch restoration, deals with a lot of older Elgins and such. Once you get info, I'll send him an e-mail.
    http://twitter.com/charlieminato
    editor, halfwheel.com

  6. #6

    Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    I love watches and prefer the Citizen Eco Drive. I have seen Elgin watches but I know very little about them. Watches are like cigars, wear what you like and like what you wear...lol!!!
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

  7. #7

    gonna be a daddy! gibson_es's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
    Hey Blake.

    Put as much pictures and info as you can on here, father's occupation is antique watch restoration, deals with a lot of older Elgins and such. Once you get info, I'll send him an e-mail.
    thanks alot, i will post pics soon, i use my phone for a camera as often times its better then my camera, and im having issues with the photobucket app, so im using drop box, but drop box is slow as shit, then i gotta upload from pc to photobucket.... almost done though.

  8. #8

    gonna be a daddy! gibson_es's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    as you can see, the face has not just elgin, but elgin diamond, on the back we have:
    FG165
    237
    VX3J
    battery 373
    JAPAN MOVEMENT

    and the clasp for the band, the part not visible in the photo, states "stainless steel china"









  9. #9

    At last I can relax veteranvmb's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    I recently purchased two genuine rolexx, s in times square for ten bucks a piece. What a steal. If I had more money on me, I would have purchased all twenty he had around his arms. I didn't ask where he got them from.

    Jerry

  10. #10

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    I recently purchased two genuine rolexx, s in times square for ten bucks a piece. What a steal. If I had more money on me, I would have purchased all twenty he had around his arms. I didn't ask where he got them from.

    Jerry

    I bet this guy has a brother in Los Angeles who works the Market District..I used to get a lot of watches there for $10...any kind..rolex, gucci, pateks, etc. Who cares if they were fakes...they still work to this day and they are over 15 years old.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

  11. #11

    gonna be a daddy! gibson_es's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    i found a good fake rolex on the side of the road one day when i was walking, no band, but it was still ticking and in good shape, i lost it, but im hoping i will find it by time i get done moving it.

  12. #12

    Loves the acid mrmikey32's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    I am a watch addict! that elgin is about 500 bucks from what i can tell.

  13. #13

    At last I can relax veteranvmb's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    I bet this guy has a brother in Los Angeles who works the Market District..I used to get a lot of watches there for $10...any kind..rolex, gucci, pateks, etc. Who cares if they were fakes...they still work to this day and they are over 15 years old.
    Gary, he wasnt selling fakes. Each one was a genuine Rolexx watch.

    Jerry

  14. #14

    Certified Liga Addict Animal's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    Gary, he wasnt selling fakes. Each one was a genuine Rolexx watch.

    Jerry
    HAHA!

    "These are authentic replicas, sir."

  15. #15

    Semi-Automatic cedjunior's Avatar


     

    Re: good watches

    Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    Gary, he wasnt selling fakes. Each one was a genuine Rolexx watch.

    Jerry
    My cheap favorites:
    Tampa Sweethearts Maduro
    Famous Nic 3000
    Onyx Reserve

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •