Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

I'm a watch guy

This is a discussion on I'm a watch guy within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; My Wife use to complain at how many watches I bought/owned but I've been rocking the same one for two ...

I'm a watch guy

My Wife use to complain at how many watches I bought/owned but I've been rocking the same one for two years now with no urges to acquire another or any other watches. It's the Minute Machine from Oakley, My job is not kind to watches but the sapphire glass doesn't have a scratch on it. It wasn't cheap but it's passing the test. Any other Oakley Watch guys?

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: I'm a watch guy

I'm an oakley fan. But I'm a shades guy. I'm down to my last two pair though. The other nine are lost, broken or stolen. Which sucks because oakley has kind of a pathetic return and replace policy.

I need a good watch ill have to check them out .... I go through a fossil every year and I wouldn't mind spending the money if I knew it would last ..... have my eyes on an Eco drive now though
    you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

I just bought a TAG Grand Carrera. Its a beautiful watch, but I feel poor now

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffbCET View Post
    I just bought a TAG Grand Carrera. Its a beautiful watch, but I feel poor now
    Got a picture of the one you got???
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

No longer a community member.

Welcome. I'm a watch guy too. My small collection has its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop D View Post
    Got a picture of the one you got???
    CAV5185.FT6020 TAG Heuer Grand Carrera Cal 36RS Black PVD Mens Watch

For some reason It wasn't letting me get onto the TAG site to find it. But here is the picture from another site.

It's a really comfortable watch. But I get scared when I wear it. Even when going to the gym and putting it in my locker.

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffbCET View Post
    CAV5185.FT6020 TAG Heuer Grand Carrera Cal 36RS Black PVD Mens Watch

For some reason It wasn't letting me get onto the TAG site to find it. But here is the picture from another site.

It's a really comfortable watch. But I get scared when I wear it. Even when going to the gym and putting it in my locker.
    Nice looking watch. I am liking the rubber straps, especially in the summer time when I tend to sweat more.

I wouldn't be too scared about wearing it. the thing I have found with watches, is the people who know what you are wearing are not usually the theifs. Just make sure you get a good gym lock. I actually leave my watch in my bag and not take it off at the gym so nobody knows I have anything on me. Then I put the watch on when I am in my car.
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Young Puffer Fish

Congrats on the TAG! They are beautiful watches. I don't have one in my collection yet, but they are on my list

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I was on the Amazon site, and you would not believe the nice looking Casio's they carry. I had always thought Casio was mainly an everyday watch, but I was wrong, There is a really nice one there for 500 dollars with a sapphire crystal, called the Edifice might just be a Xmas gift for me.

Full grown Puffer Fish Don_in_Texas's Avatar

I consider myself a watch guy also. My current everyday wear is a TAG Aquaracer 300M with the calibre 16 movement. I got that about a year ago, and really like it. Took me a bit to warm up to the weight of it though. My other favorite is my Omega Seamaster Titanium Chrono which I've had for 10+ years now. In terms of durability, the Omega has faired much better than the TAG. Must be the titanium. The band on the TAG is pretty scratched already, but the Omega looks almost brand new despite almost daily wear for 9 years.