Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Where to buy USED watches?

This is a discussion on Where to buy USED watches? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; What are the better places to buy a pre-owned watch? I really like the looks of some of the older ...

Where to buy USED watches?

What are the better places to buy a pre-owned watch? I really like the looks of some of the older watches, but I have not idea what is a reasonable price and a honest place to get them.

Jewelery Stores seem to be pretty pricy on them, but I do not hink I know enough to get one at an antique stores and eBay.

Thanks.
    Drink a little Drink, Smoke a little Smoke

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Where to buy USED watches?

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    What are the better places to buy a pre-owned watch? I really like the looks of some of the older watches, but I have not idea what is a reasonable price and a honest place to get them.

Jewelery Stores seem to be pretty pricy on them, but I do not hink I know enough to get one at an antique stores and eBay.

Thanks.
    Depends on where you are. In Portland, Alex & Company is an amazing dealer of new and used stuff. He has a lot of old Omega's that I love but tons of other stuff.

Young Puffer Fish Professor Chaos's Avatar

Ebay, but be careful

Young Puffer Fish

There are good sellers on ebay, but you have to be careful. On an expensive purchase, use an escrow service.

I've had good luck with smaller jeweler that aren't authorized dealers for the brand I'm looking at. They don't have the selection, but they take a lot in on trade. If they have the model you want, you can usually get it cheaper there than a used one from an authorized dealer.

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

A Pawn shop would be where I would go. Make sure they offer a return policy so you can verify the watch is real. Some pawn shops can't tell a Rolex from a Folex, so be careful on that!!!
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

watchuseek.com, buy from long time members and you can ask for references

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

http://www.bernardwatch.com/ is legit.

Some new (e.g. dealer closeouts) and some used. They buy, sell, & trade.

Ebay and watchuseek.com (watch forum). Try to use creative search terms and you can find watches no one else can because of how it was listed. If you want it from an authorized place, any jewelry store will have them. Really depends on what you are looking for whether it be an old Seiko for $50 or an old $5k Rolex.

There's some good retailers on ebay ifyou stick to high% satisfaction etc. Iam currently looking for a seiko bullhead. I love the old stuff too

Timezone.com forum. it's a large forum like here and i've purchased legit watches from there before, including a Zenith and Hamilton
    Veni Vidi Vici

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Which Zenith you get??
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Newbie in the ocean

More and more brands are opening up either their own e-commerce websites or are authorizing their dealers to sell watches online. These are often the safest places to buy watches on the internet, and the watches will come with factory warranties. Ebay is always the best marketplace for buying used watches. A lot of online e-commerce sites and dealers sell rolex watches at really affordable prices.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

PM sent ^^^^^
    Please dont jack the Noob again!!!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

Puffer Fish with some spikes BryGuySC's Avatar

I've gotten a few cheaper watches on ebay, but you have to be careful.
    I've had good success as a member over at watchuseek.com. They are some good guys. I've picked us several used watches from the classifieds on the site.

I usually buy here - Watch CTI

Good Luck !
    Why do you always wear black?
    I am mourning for my life.