Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Super Bummed...

This is a discussion on Super Bummed... within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by Zogg HAH! So much for pimp daddy, the trust is out on that van! I heard it's ...

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Re: Super Bummed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    HAH! So much for pimp daddy, the trust is out on that van!
    I heard it's an old Ice Cream truck
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

lol. The van is my wife's car (and still is likely less than the Breitling at $4k). I drive a gold, 4-door, 93 Protege. Dead AC, driver's window doesn't work, and a leaky seal rendering the trunk unusable.

Don't care. It was $500, and runs like a champ!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aninjaforallseasons View Post
    lol. The van is my wife's car (and still is likely less than the Breitling at $4k). I drive a gold, 4-door, 93 Protege. Dead AC, driver's window doesn't work, and a leaky seal rendering the trunk unusable.

Don't care. It was $500, and runs like a champ!
    Drive it up my way and I will get it fixed for you. I charge in Cigars and Jack Daniels
    When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Bad Andy's Avatar

Watch is ready for pickup! Finally get it back today. (Although I have to pay for the repair today too, so that is not so good.)

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Andy View Post
    Watch is ready for pickup! Finally get it back today. (Although I have to pay for the repair today too, so that is not so good.)
    Nice! I have my first new watch purchase in nearly 5 years coming in tomorrow. I wanna see pics of the newly working breitling!

Yes, It is rated for over 350 feet. They only have a one year warranty. My daily watch is rated to 1,650 feet.

I guess it is my fault for not having it opened up every other year to have the seals changed. That alone is $ 550.00 I guess I took my chances.

-Andy
    Seals don't need to be changed that frequently, they should be good for 10+ years. It sounds like the crown wasn't screwed down all the way.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop D View Post
    Drive it up my way and I will get it fixed for you. I charge in Cigars and Jack Daniels
    Hah. If you were close, I'd take you up on that!

Yikes. What did the bill come to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    Nice! I have my first new watch purchase in nearly 5 years coming in tomorrow. I wanna see pics of the newly working breitling!
    Ditto. Pics!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Seals don't need to be changed that frequently, they should be good for 10+ years. It sounds like the crown wasn't screwed down all the way.
    yeah ive never heard of having to change the seals every year that seems like overkill

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    My Rolex is water resistent but nonetheless, I don't take chances. Do you really have to go swimming with a $5000 watch on? Not for me, I'm sorry though that you have to deal with the expense of the repair.
    I have to agree with that. If I need to know what time it is while swimming, I'll get a Timex Ironman.......now if you are trying to impress the ladies at the pool with the Breitling, that's a different story.

I do like breitlings, but man they do not hold their value. I just picked up a breitling superocean heritage 2nd hand, never worn for $2200. Warranty card and documents etc.

Maturing Puffer Fish ginomontreal's Avatar

i always take off my watch before swimming even if its a cheaper sport watch, don't like taking chances.

it's really too bad a nice watch like that, damaged by water.

My Superocean has never seen the ocean, doesn't join me in the shower, and won't ever take a dip with me for that very reason, I just think it's too easy for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by abhoe View Post
    My Superocean has never seen the ocean, doesn't join me in the shower, and won't ever take a dip with me for that very reason, I just think it's too easy for something to happen.
    That's like buying a porsche and never driving it fast. No offense, I never understand people like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2