Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone sent their watch in for a "spa" treatment ?

This is a discussion on Has anyone sent their watch in for a "spa" treatment ? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I've got an Omega Seamaster GMT that i'm thinking about sending in to Nesbit's for a refurbishing. Just wondering if ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Has anyone sent their watch in for a "spa" treatment ?

I've got an Omega Seamaster GMT that i'm thinking about sending in to Nesbit's for a refurbishing. Just wondering if anyone else has sent their watches in or used this vendor before. I'm excited about the thought of having it like new again but am bummed about being without it for 3-4 weeks. I've got another older Seamaster 120m that I can wear but it just isn't the same ...

Re: Has anyone sent their watch in for a "spa" treatment ?

Have not used them, the website looks good.

Here is the link to the Omega service centers- OMEGA Watches: Find a service center

Hey Tony,
    I ended up sending it to Nesbitt's , I should be getting it back in a couple more weeks.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Please let me know if you are happy with the results. I have a Seamaster automatic that I'll be needing to send in for maintenance one day. Thx keep us posted

I'm supposed to send in my breitling every couple years for service. Costs like 500-800 dollars though. ouch! Is that something you need to send to the company or can you use an "aftermarket" watchmaker for stuff like that?
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Ive sent my citizen watch in for an overhaul and they lubed up all the moving parts and buffed out all the scratches, I practically had a brand new watch, but the bad thing was the price, I paid $150 for a now $400 watch, and if you do sent it to a authorized place you keep the warranty if it still has warranty. On some watches its worth it on anothers its worth to just buy a new one.

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

I sent my Omega Sea Master to Watch repair dot net, Jeff did an excellent job and returned it quickly. Watch came back looking new and running perfectly. That was at least two years ago, I think he'll be getting my wife's Rolex pretty soon.

Win

I should be getting it back in the next day or two. I will post my opinion on it. It is costly though, $400 to be exact. As far as how often a watch should be sent in.. I guess that is up to the individual, and how it is taken care of.

Win

Mine was $400.00 or even a bit more. I held off sending it until it quit running! I had an Omega GMT, really liked that watch, hope it comes back like new.

Win

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Mine was $400.00 or even a bit more. I held off sending it until it quit running! I had an Omega GMT, really liked that watch, hope it comes back like new.

Win
    With shipping it was like $430 or so, and what I sent was an Omega GMT 2534.50 It was still running but was showing some signs of needed some attention.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by cw_mi View Post
    With shipping it was like $430 or so, and what I sent was an Omega GMT 2534.50 It was still running but was showing some signs of needed some attention.
    How did you like the service?

Finally got around to getting some pictures. I liked the service , they were fast and proffesional but it seemed a little pricey. I guess it is what it is.
    They re lubricated the internals, replaced some pins in the bracelet , polished everything and changed two o rings.

looks pretty sharp. wear it in good health.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Maturing Puffer Fish

What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Win

Thanks for the pictures, looks great. Did they do the main spring? When mine was serviced they told me it needed replacing, it added $$ to the original quote.

Win

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast