Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rolex Question?

This is a discussion on Rolex Question? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; What's the biggest, heaviest stainless Rolex? And how much? Or are they all a similar weight and size? Thanks!...

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

Question Rolex Question?

What's the biggest, heaviest stainless Rolex? And how much? Or are they all a similar weight and size? Thanks!
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Re: Rolex Question?

Don't know but pretty sure all you need is a Sub

If you want heavy, get Tungsten. If you just want big and flashy Breitling is probably the place to go. Seems like you are trying to impress by going with the biggest name, and the biggest and heaviest they make. Good luck with that...

(might want to look around a watch forum for this info... or Rolex's website)

double post
    Last edited by Cigar Noob; 03-23-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Its actually for my Dad's 75th. birthday. I'd never spend money like that on a watch for myself. He always wanted a Rolex and likes big, heavy watches. He never bought himself anything above $500 so he'll crap his pants when opening the box. I was looking at the Rolex site but everything looked similar as far as weight. I decided on the blue two-tone submariner with a gold and stainless band. My mother also seems to think he'll like that one. This is a combo gift, from my mother, wife and myself.

I like the older style Yachtmaster with the Platinum face...but if you want big and heavy but not flashy go Panerai. I started with the 40mm Yachtmaster then went on a bing and picked up 6 Panerai.

If you want big and heavy go with a Invicta Subaqua, plus it wont cost you an arm and a leg. I have a rolex but never wear it because I always wear my invicta, and I get a lot of compliments.
    - Sin City Bomber -

I agree there's better looking watches out there, and for less cash. Thing is, it has to say Rolex on it. My dad's been talking about a Rolex for as long as I can remember.

BTW, that Invicta Subaqua is pretty damn nice. Or as the kids say "dope". LMAO! Maybe I'll get one for myself.

Never could understand that "dope" thing. I guess some mindless rapper started it a while back.

If classic Rolex is the goal, Submariner sounds like a good choice. Two-tone? My guess is you will get this eventually... so I'd stick with SS, unless you are into the two-tone as well. Does he routinely know what it feels like to where a heavy watch or just trying them on? I imagine it would cause some fatigue for a 75yr old to have a hefty watch.

Quote Originally Posted by exprime8 View Post
    If you want big and heavy go with a Invicta Subaqua, plus it wont cost you an arm and a leg. I have a rolex but never wear it because I always wear my invicta, and I get a lot of compliments.
    I wouldn't give my worst enemy an Invicta. Another huge option is the IWC Big Pilot or anything from UBoat.

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    Another huge option is the IWC Big Pilot or anything from UBoat.
    I like the IWC.... Looks good on my wrist

When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Who you calling clown??? Coop D's Avatar

But then again when I go to a wedding I usually go with a Datejust since it fits under a shirt sleeve and tux coat better

When the river runs red, take the dirt road!!!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    What's the biggest, heaviest stainless Rolex? And how much? Or are they all a similar weight and size? Thanks!
    That would be the Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea. It is 44mm and 17mm thick and wears larger than a lot of 44's. You can find them for around 7-10k pre-owned, and new over 10k after tax from your AD.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelie95 View Post
    I like the older style Yachtmaster with the Platinum face...but if you want big and heavy but not flashy go Panerai. I started with the 40mm Yachtmaster then went on a bing and picked up 6 Panerai.

Damn dude 6 PAM's !!! That is awesome. I would love one myself but just plain can't afford one.