Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So what do people think about "homage" watches ?

This is a discussion on So what do people think about "homage" watches ? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Originally Posted by cw_mi I've been wearing it and have gotten plenty of positive comments, most people have know idea ...

No longer a community member.

Re: So what do people think about "homage" watches ?

Quote Originally Posted by cw_mi View Post
    I've been wearing it and have gotten plenty of positive comments, most people have know idea what a Panerai is they just comment on the looks of the watch. I did have one person ask if it was a PAM and my reply was " I wish I could own a PAM" , and explained that it was assembled by a watchmaker and yes it does resemble a PAM, because I love the styling but just can't justifiy the cost of one.
    In my research I ran across a forum dedicated to homage watchmaking. Some of these hobbiests use authentic components to build the watch that they want but the OEM doesn't make. Some of these builds cost more than an authentic.
    I'm actually saving some funds for anther one, the same guy that assembled mine has made this in the past and I love the orange dial.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10617...91909583064129

Hi
    Knowing what a Panerai is and ever being able to afford one keeps me from learning more but I have seen some beauties, Unfortunately they have all been on the wrists of the wealthy.

Seems like a high quality watch. I don't particularly care for the Panerai because I think they are much too big for most people to pull off. For another large Italian brand check out U-Boat, a bit more affordable and not as trendy.

thats a nice homage you've got there. the case looks spot on for my pam176. the orange is a nice change of pace and suits it well but just not sure i like the minute markers. one of the things i love about the simple look of the luminor is the 3,6,9,12 and then only 5 minute markers. though in the end, the only thing that matters is if you like it. i get more comments on my beat up cheapo nixon beater watch then any of my highly priced watches, like the pam, jlc, or the rollie, with the exception of the monaco of course.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about homage watches though I have to admit a certain hankering for a panerai radiomir with california dial sterile.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    thats a nice homage you've got there. the case looks spot on for my pam176. the orange is a nice change of pace and suits it well but just not sure i like the minute markers. one of the things i love about the simple look of the luminor is the 3,6,9,12 and then only 5 minute markers. though in the end, the only thing that matters is if you like it. i get more comments on my beat up cheapo nixon beater watch then any of my highly priced watches, like the pam, jlc, or the rollie, with the exception of the monaco of course.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about homage watches though I have to admit a certain hankering for a panerai radiomir with california dial sterile.
    Check out this guy. He makes a great homage , I've got both of mine from him. He does do custom work as well , if you wanted to change up the dial or something.
    Military Inspired Watches - DR Custom Watches Online Store - (Powered by CubeCart)

Just ordered a Parnis from Manbu....

Its about 2 days away. Im too careless to wear a watch that costs thousands of dollars.

I am not trying to bull$hit anybody.I just want something that looks smart and attractive !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2