Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Really digging bronze lately !

This is a discussion on Really digging bronze lately ! within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Just looking thru some of the bronze offerings out there and found some affordable ones. Was really thinking about a ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish cw_mi's Avatar

Really digging bronze lately !

Just looking thru some of the bronze offerings out there and found some affordable ones. Was really thinking about a deposit on this one :
    Olivier Watches
    Probably go with the Mitoya movement, don't know if it's worth the extra $200 for the ETA in a boutique watch. I've got a Mitoya in my Lum Tec and it's been fine so far.

The Helson is nice, as well as the Anonimo and Panerai but more than I want to spend.

Win
    Puffer Fish with some spikes Win's Avatar

Re: Really digging bronze lately !

I've been liking Bronze since seeing some of the knife makers using it. I picked up a small Kiridashi with textured Bronze from Serge Pachenko, he's doing interesting pieces. I see the Olivier are an alloy, I would think this would be for durability?

Got any pics of the new knife ? I really like Serges work.
    I ended up ordering the Olivier, now I have to find a nice stingray or sharkskin strap for it.

Ever since I saw the Panerai Bronzo I've had a thing for the bronze watches. I got a Magrette Regattare Bronze as a result. The quick patina is definitely nice but I don't give the watch enough wrist time though so have been thinking of letting it go.

Which watch model did you end up ordering? Shark or sting ray is gonna look bad ass on one of those.I think the mitoya movement is probably the smart move even though it doesn't have the distinction of being 'swiss made' an eta isn't going to be of much greater quality, and I've been reading that watchmakers actually prefer working on/repairing the Mitoya.

p.s. win: bronze is and alloy of copper and tin. sometimes other stuff is added or different ratios of the cu/sn are used for different qualities

Love bronze....have been looking into picking up an anonimo one day, the Polluce Bronzo.

Anonimo Wrist Watches - Official website - Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    Ever since I saw the Panerai Bronzo I've had a thing for the bronze watches. I got a Magrette Regattare Bronze as a result. The quick patina is definitely nice but I don't give the watch enough wrist time though so have been thinking of letting it go.

Which watch model did you end up ordering? Shark or sting ray is gonna look bad ass on one of those.I think the mitoya movement is probably the smart move even though it doesn't have the distinction of being 'swiss made' an eta isn't going to be of much greater quality, and I've been reading that watchmakers actually prefer working on/repairing the Mitoya.
    I got the Olivier with the blue dial. The shark and rayskin straps are being made, should get them in the next couple of weeks. PM me if you decide to part with the Margarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Motrix View Post
    Love bronze....have been looking into picking up an anonimo one day, the Polluce Bronzo.

Anonimo Wrist Watches - Official website - Catalogue
    I love the Anonimo, I forgot which model it was but I saw one with an orange dial and auto movement. It was just a little more than I want to spend though.

Here is the buckle I plan on using on the Olivier, I think it will look sweet on the Ray or Shark straps. It's the Mokume one on the right.

I was looking at these a while ago and they are absolutely amazing buckles. Think they would look great on anything.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I have this watch in stainless but there is a bronze version as well. Nice guy to deal with too.

Berkbinder and Brown Website | Berkbinder & Brown

Newbie in the ocean Chip Henderson's Avatar

Archimede has a 42mm new bronze pilot that looks great. A buddy of mine has one and is pretty happy with it. A no date / no logo version is coming soon. On my short list.

Chip

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean373 View Post
    I have this watch in stainless but there is a bronze version as well. Nice guy to deal with too.

Berkbinder and Brown Website | Berkbinder & Brown
    Nice watch!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix