Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for a new watch, please help me choose!

This is a discussion on Looking for a new watch, please help me choose! within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; I'd go with the hamilton khaki personally. They are all quite different watches, but for my tastes I think the ...

Re: Looking for a new watch, please help me choose!

I'd go with the hamilton khaki personally. They are all quite different watches, but for my tastes I think the hamilton is the most classic and timeless. 46mm can look a bit big if you're a tiny guy, but all the kids are wearing big watches today. I thought my 44mm panerai was pushing the boundaries when I first acquired it but how wrong I was.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Hamilton
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

movado series 800.... love that watch, i have the chronograph, but there are a ton of versions of the 800

you should see a dr for erections lasting longer than 4 hours, does that apply to e-peens as well?

i would go tissot... i like the clean way they look.
    - Sin City Bomber -

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    I'd go with the hamilton khaki personally. They are all quite different watches, but for my tastes I think the hamilton is the most classic and timeless. 46mm can look a bit big if you're a tiny guy, but all the kids are wearing big watches today. I thought my 44mm panerai was pushing the boundaries when I first acquired it but how wrong I was.
    Yes you're right Preston, 46mm is pushing the limit! I wish I had a Hamilton AD in my area so I could try it on first. But I am no tiny guy at 240lbs/6ft. I never measured my wrist, but my 43mm Victorinox Maverick fits me and doesn't look out of place at all.

Surely, I don't want to end up looking like a wannabe-gangster with too much bling but I fear 42mm will fit small on my wrist.

44mm is a good average size for men. Personally I start there and go up
    Anything less than 44 looks too small, IMHO
    Veni Vidi Vici

Lou;

Personally, I think it depends on the context and purpose of the said watc; for example, I think a dress watch should sit at 40mm. With a proper suit and tie, 44mm would attract too much attention. Let's say today is my wedding day, I'd choose a 39-42mm watch, slim profile with black leather strap and white/light silver face. But, when worn casually, I'd say you're right, I feel under 44mm (on my wrist) feels small and feminine.

Depends on the context.

(I could speak timepieces all day)!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Let's say today is my wedding day, I'd choose a 39-42mm watch, slim profile with black leather strap and white/light silver face.

Proper form is that you would not wear a watch at all on your wedding day or any time when in true formal attire. "A man should not be concerned with the time when at a formal event"

Other than that, I agree. I have a Movado Olympian that I wear when dressed to go to dinner meetings, etc. It is a tad small, at around 35mm but very elegant for nice evenings out. It's the two tone with white face and you could get something like that for around $500.

Most days I wear a breitling chronomat B01 (44mm) but I also have a citizen eco drive perpetual cal and a couple invicta, 2 or 3 fossils, and some other sub-$100 watches to knock around in.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Quote Originally Posted by gasdocok View Post
    Proper form is that you would not wear a watch at all on your wedding day or any time when in true formal attire. "A man should not be concerned with the time when at a formal event"

Other than that, I agree. I have a Movado Olympian that I wear when dressed to go to dinner meetings, etc. It is a tad small, at around 35mm but very elegant for nice evenings out. It's the two tone with white face and you could get something like that for around $500.

Most days I wear a breitling chronomat B01 (44mm) but I also have a citizen eco drive perpetual cal and a couple invicta, 2 or 3 fossils, and some other sub-$100 watches to knock around in.
    Absolutely true about the no watch at black tie/white tie event. I should have said business dress-up meeting instead of wedding day! Bad example.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Steel Talon's Avatar

Shawn, Congrats brother may good Karma be with you two for life. If I had your choices I'd go with the Victorinox....

Good Karma
    Tal~
    Take your time...Don't live to fast..Troubles will come and they will pass..

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
    Lou;

Personally, I think it depends on the context and purpose of the said watc; for example, I think a dress watch should sit at 40mm. With a proper suit and tie, 44mm would attract too much attention. Let's say today is my wedding day, I'd choose a 39-42mm watch, slim profile with black leather strap and white/light silver face. But, when worn casually, I'd say you're right, I feel under 44mm (on my wrist) feels small and feminine.

Depends on the context.

Right, all matter of preference. IMHO anything under 44 is puny. Then again I own a Super Avenger lol
    Veni Vidi Vici

Young Puffer Fish

Yes, for the budget you have set, perhaps either a Victorinox or Tissot. Midos are not bad either...

Maturing Puffer Fish

I would go with an entry level tag, their formula series is pretty nice. .
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Certified Pre-Owned | Tourneau

Tournea has a good pre owned selection.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

Congrats! I did the same thing before my wedding bought myselft a watch, When I proposed to my wife she bought me some ported Heads for my Vette .

I Bought myself a Bulova Presionist and LOVE it.

Sorry the watch isnt 100% in focus, just had one on my pc when I was missing with my new camera lol. You could get a bulova and have some money for a fancy box of cigars

That Tissot Visodate is very nice also
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2