Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Suggestions for new watch

This is a discussion on Suggestions for new watch within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hey gents ive decided to purchase a new watch and its a type that i do not currently own. Im ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes JoeT's Avatar

Suggestions for new watch

Hey gents ive decided to purchase a new watch and its a type that i do not currently own. Im looking for an automatic skeleton watch with blue hands and must have some sort of metal band i do not like the leather or rubber ones. Also id like to keep the case diameter around 38-43mm 45mm being the absolute max. Price is an issue im only looking at spending a few hundred so if anyone has suggestions please let me know or if u currently own one with a great experience with it.

My current collection consists of an invictus, 1 tonino lamborghini, 1 fossil, 2 citizens both eco drives, and 3 battery operated bulovas.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

Re: Suggestions for new watch

Skeleton with blue hands is probably going to cut you down to no more then a couple choices. That is pretty specific and unique.

Nice collection.

Edit: A quick look turned up a lot more possibilities then I would have thought, but they almost all have leather/other material bands.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

Quote Originally Posted by David_ESM View Post

Edit: A quick look turned up a lot more possibilities then I would have thought, but they almost all have leather/other material bands.
    I have searched and found several but i dont know much about the brands and whats worth spending the money on. I know nothing about the automatic watch market. I saw some that looked really nice on ebay but were like 19-25 dollars with free shipping chinese made. I dont know if those would even be worth spending money on. I was thinking if im gonna get a decent automatic i need a, android, stuhrling, akribos or others. It doesnt have to be eactly as i want but close to it. Mainly im looking for metal band type, and skeleton face where i can see moving parts working.

Here is are some really cool ones i wish i could afford LMAO!!!
    Harry Winston Opus 12 Watch - YouTube HW Opus 12
    HYT - THE HYDRO MECHANICAL HOROLOGISTS - YouTube HYT
    The UR-110 "Torpedo" by URWERK - YouTube ur torpedo

Elder Puffer Fish Leader David_ESM's Avatar

We were talking about the Opus watch in chat, comes in a humidor with a limited opus release... There was talk of it being quite a ways into the 5 figure range for it.
    Sir Reverend David_ESM Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.

look at what i got...

- Sin City Bomber -

Quote Originally Posted by exprime8 View Post
    look at what i got...
    Wow ApeMan that's a really nice watch !

JOE T
    Love the collection. Where'd the tray come from? I am using a cigar box for mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo 440 View Post
    Wow ApeMan that's a really nice watch !

JOE T
    Love the collection. Where'd the tray come from? I am using a cigar box for mine
    The case was an xmas gift from my wife! She ordered it from zales online. It was a little pricey i personally wouldnt spend that much on it. Ten Watch Oak with Window Jewelry Chest - Giftware - Zales

exprime that is pretty much what im looking for. I have seen one similar to that one on ebay. How much was it and how long have u had it? Pop Skeleton Mens Auto Mechanical Watch Stainless Steel | eBay

Man, that watch from Zales is NICE

it looks good but thats about it. If you want it, just let me know, ill send it to you asap...
    - Sin City Bomber -

it looks good but thats about it. If you want it, just let me know, ill send it to you asap...
    Ohhh wow u dont have to do that!!! How long have u had it and does it function well?

yeah it tells time ok, ive had it for a few months, just let me know and its yours!!!
    - Sin City Bomber -

I appreciate the offer but I will pass I'm in the field so much now that I only wear my Suunto X-Lander. I moved from Vegas not too long ago, it's a shame I didn't network on Puff before I left!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader max gas's Avatar

Thats one nice looking collection Joe. lots of great watches. I did notice that there was one missing, its a must for any watch collection. it has a metal band, just like you want, however it doesn't have the blue hands or numbers. I suggest this beauty:

Casio Calculator Watch.....Classy!

Quote Originally Posted by max gas View Post
    Thats one nice looking collection Joe. lots of great watches. I did notice that there was one missing, its a must for any watch collection. it has a metal band, just like you want, however it doesn't have the blue hands or numbers. I suggest this beauty:

Casio Calculator Watch.....Classy!

now thats a classic!!!
    - Sin City Bomber -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    The case was an xmas gift from my wife! ....

exprime that is pretty much what im looking for. I have seen one smilar to that one on ebay. How much was it and how long have u had it? Pop Skeleton Mens Auto Mechanical Watch Stainless Steel | eBay
    JoeT I saw your eBay link there.
    If you aren't too proud for the HongKong stuff, I actually have this guy saved in my eBay favorites. Soe cool stuff over there you don't find in USA.
    Check his store. I didn't buy from him though. Yet.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/270921650130...84.m1423.l2649

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast