Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rolex-like movement?

This is a discussion on Rolex-like movement? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Is there a watch out there that has the constant motion like a rolex that's on the cheaper side, rather ...

Rolex-like movement?

Is there a watch out there that has the constant motion like a rolex that's on the cheaper side, rather than the quartz movement?
    Walter Corder RN, BSN

Re: Rolex-like movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt69 View Post
    Is there a watch out there that has the constant motion like a rolex that's on the cheaper side, rather than the quartz movement?
    Are you referring to an automatic? Rolex probably uses an ETA-2824 movement (modified) just like most "swiss made" watches.

Lots of solid automatics from other places too. I'm partial to the Sinn watches that are made in Germany. Seiko has some cool stuff as well. You can get a Seiko Auto for as little as $80 to as much as $5000 (Grand Seiko). I have a very nice Seiko I enjoy a lot, tough to beat the value for <$300. I would take this question to watchuseek.com, a fairly decent watch forum. Just be aware that they allow certain retailers/brands to moderate their own themed subforum so honest discourse is not always happening.

Throw out what you are looking for and some people may post a pic what you are looking for. Guys at the watch forum are very good at throwing out ideas. Good lucK!

Check out this Sinn:

Here is my look-a-like from Seiko:

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

Here is one of my many Seiko Divers. Amazing value. This one was around $200. I have several that were under $100.

Couch

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Lots of them. I have a half dozen that were all under $100.

Check out vintage watches on ebay, or for something newer look into the Seiko 5.

For a Swiss made watch at great prices and looks, check out Hamilton
    Veni Vidi Vici

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    I've got a swiss movement Hamilton from 1962 that keeps impeccable time. I think I paid less than $70 on fleabay.

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loulax07 View Post
    This!

I've always wanted one. Perhaps I will finally pick one up soon.

Couch