Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Rubber watch bands and cigar smoke?

This is a discussion on Rubber watch bands and cigar smoke? within the Watches forums, part of the Everything But Cigars category; Hello, I recently purchased a Casio G-shock military style watch, (which is excellent by the way). I have been avoiding ...

Young Puffer Fish

Rubber watch bands and cigar smoke?

Hello, I recently purchased a Casio G-shock military style watch, (which is excellent by the way). I have been avoiding smoking while wearing it so far. I was wondering what your experiences with rubber watch bands were? How much of the smell sticks with the band? Will it wear off? I didn't want to wear it around and smell smoke 24 hours a day. Thank you for any input.

Re: Rubber watch bands and cigar smoke?

Serious?
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

I have noticed that plastic cups smell like cigar smoke after I have used them while smoking but never my watch. I guess it's possible it might take on the smell very lightly but I assume it would wash out if you wash it with dish soap or the like. Just me making assumptions but you know what happens when you assume haha. The Casio G-Shocks are touted as tough watches though so I bet you would be just fine. Besides they aren't too terribly expensive so why not just go for it?
    Check out my review blog site: www.cigaraggregate.com or follow me on twitter, @CigarAggregate.

My Otterbox phone case is made of some kind of rubber. I usually have it with me while smoking and it stinks of smoke. It's no biggie to me but if that is a concern of yours, use caution.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by quincy627 View Post
    My Otterbox phone case is made of some kind of rubber. I usually have it with me while smoking and it stinks of smoke. It's no biggie to me but if that is a concern of yours, use caution.
    That's very true, I have a Otter box as well. I didn't think of that lol. I always have mine infront of me when I smoke. I can smell it a little if I hold it to my nose. But not when I'm normally using it. I guess I should be fine then. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
    I have noticed that plastic cups smell like cigar smoke after I have used them while smoking but never my watch. I guess it's possible it might take on the smell very lightly but I assume it would wash out if you wash it with dish soap or the like. Just me making assumptions but you know what happens when you assume haha. The Casio G-Shocks are touted as tough watches though so I bet you would be just fine. Besides they aren't too terribly expensive so why not just go for it?
    This is very true, they are tough watches. Can't beat the quality/style for the price (that I've found). If I do have any problems I'll try that dish soap idea. I'm guessing it'll be manageable though. Thank you

Third hand smoke strikes again.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Young Puffer Fish

It strikes everywhere, lol. I think it'll be fine though. Both my phone and tablet that I smoke with have cases made out of rubber and they smell like mostly rubber. Wouldn't have had to post this if I had thought of that before.

My laptop that I take out smoking with me smells like smoke though haha.
    Check out my review blog site: www.cigaraggregate.com or follow me on twitter, @CigarAggregate.

Young Puffer Fish

It's weird how some things are affected by it differently haha. I have to hold my case right under my nose to get a hint of the smoke. Can you get a strong smell of it off of your laptop?