Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Charleston - The Squire Tobacco Unlimited

This is a discussion on Charleston - The Squire Tobacco Unlimited within the West Virginia forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; The Squire Tobacco Unlimited 108 Capital Street Charleston, WV 25301 (304) 345-0366 HOURS Daily 8:00-6:00 Fri 8:00-9:00 Sat 10:00-4:00 Closed ...

Charleston - The Squire Tobacco Unlimited

The Squire Tobacco Unlimited
    108 Capital Street
    Charleston, WV 25301
    (304) 345-0366

HOURS
    Daily 8:00-6:00
    Fri 8:00-9:00
    Sat 10:00-4:00
    Closed Sunday

Retail Tobacco
    Dealers of America

http://thesquirewv.com/

Great store located in downtown Charleston. Owner is very knowledgeable about cigars, less so about his small selection of pipes. There is an indoor smoking lounge in addition to the walk in humidor.
    Last edited by pnoon; 07-30-2007 at 11:27 AM.
    “I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them.” - Sean Connery

Re: Charleston - The Squire Tobacco Unlimited

Just wanted to update that he had expanded his selection of pipe tobacco and now carries Savinelli pipes.

Full grown Puffer Fish paperairplane's Avatar

So far I am searching... nothing really around 26301... very few cigar shops and virtually no pipe shops. There is one place in town with a can of McClelland - only tin I have seen anywhere. I did get a huuuge bag of Dream whatever Vanilla for under $5 from the Spirit Shoppe in Nutter Fort. They have a small walk in humidor - I think this was the only pipe tabac in inventory and likely a dist. sample.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." E. A. Poe

The Squire Tobacco Unlimited now has a 42" plasma HD television in the lounge area. They have added some new shelving in the humidor, so they have even more cigars. They also have a Texas Hold'em game every Friday night, as long as there are enough players. By far the best of the very few cigar places in the Charleston area.
    [SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/p_funk/cigar.jpg[/SIGPIC]

All cigars are 25% off for the rest of January.

Stopped in there yesterday around noon. Not a bad place. Had a decent selection of pipe tobacco's, not a lot, but had stuff I've not found elsewhere yet. Large selection of premium cigars, not too many under $5 it seemed though. As price comparison, padron 2000s were $4.50. He did say though to let him know if you wanted to buy a box of something, to let him see what kind of deal he could get you, so I thought that was nice. He also exchanged a padron 80th after I noticed a defect in the first I picked up.

Noobs, go here: cigarbid.com

Full grown Puffer Fish

i used to go in there along time ago when the women had it but charlie [the owner] is a heck of a guy and treats his customers very well

Young Puffer Fish

Sweet man. Lived here for years and had no clue of it's existance.

I travel for my job and am trying to stop in local B&M's when I can find them. Just got back from Charleston and I stopped by the Squire. 1st time I stopped by was after I finished, for the day, auditing the office I was there to see. Parking is not great around the shop and it took me forever to find a spot. Finally walked up to the door at 6:05 and found them closed. Apparently they are only open till 6:00. Well, the fellow sweeping up in the back saw me standing out there with my hangdog expression and came out and opened the door for me and said I could come in and shop for a stick while he cleans up. Thought that was damn nice of him. Picked up a stick and bought a digital hygrometer too as I'd been wanting one and thought I'd show him some appreciation for helping me out. He game me a real nice double guiotine cutter and a huge box of some nice wooden matches too and I went happily back to my hotel and puffed on a bench outside.

Back the next week anbd finished my work at 3:00 one day so I headed over to the shop and picked out a RP Vintage Connecticut and puffed in their lounge with the owner and a couple other BOTL's. Nice place, freindly group. One of the fellows was not there to buy sticks, he was actually giving the owner a huge supply of sticks because he wanted his opinions on them. They were buds and all these sticks were from, well, lets say a country that I can't easily get sticks from. It was an incredible spread to see, and he also had a bunch of fakes and was schooling they guys on what to look for to tell a real from a counterfiet. Interesting time.

Maturing Puffer Fish

No longer downtown. Store has relocated to a strip mall a few miles from downtown. From their website:The Squire Tobacconist104 Hills PlazaCharleston, WV 25387Tel: (304) 345-0366Fax: (304) 345-0367STORE HOURSMon-Sat 10:00 - 6:00Closed SundaysI was in town a few weeks ago on business and stopped by the shop on my lunch break. I can see why they moved. The new place is huge. The walk in humidor is pretty close to being almost as big as the whole old store. The owner was very knowledgeable and showed me around the humidor offering suggestions based on my tastes.I selected a Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva and after paying for it, went to the cigar lounge, which also is huge. Great atmosphere to enjoy a smoke. Talked to the owner and another regular. Great conversation. Can't wait for my next business trip so I can go back.