Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Smoke Lounge in Sunnyvale area?

This is a discussion on Smoke Lounge in Sunnyvale area? within the Western forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Hey all, I am on business in Sunnyvale this week and looking to find a lounge/bar to enjoy a smoke. ...

Newbie in the ocean

Smoke Lounge in Sunnyvale area?

Hey all, I am on business in Sunnyvale this week and looking to find a lounge/bar to enjoy a smoke. It looks like there are a few cigar places there but not sure of anything in the area. I saw Club Havana and a few others in San Jose but beyond that didn't get any decent google results outside of places to just buy (or little grocery stores). How's the area there in regards to safe travel for someone not from CA? Coming from NY/NY area where you can land in a cigar lounge/bar pretty much everywhere I never know what other states are like. My visit to Seattle was thwarted by smoking being outlawed inside shops and pretty much frowned upon outside.

Any recommendations let me know. Would drive about 20mins out of Sunnyvale max (my time is limited) and price is not a concern.

Thanks,

Seth

Re: Smoke Lounge in Sunnyvale area?

Unfortunately, I don't have any lounge recommendations for you in that area. There are some in the overall SF Bay area, but they are spread out and sporadic. The high taxes and growing anti-tobacco sentiment (with stricter laws) have driven many out of business or to eliminate their smoking areas during the past 20 years.

As far as travel, you are very safe in 99% of the South Bay. You are far more likely to get into situations with aggressive / stupid drivers than get mugged.

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the feedback. Ever heard of westcoastcigars (.net) in San Jose? Based on google maps it's in a small mobile home type looking building in an industrial section.

Young Puffer Fish RowdyBriarPiper's Avatar

I was in the area a few weeks back and spent some time at Campbell Cigar, which had a decent selection at reasonable prices and a nice smoking area. Hopefully this reply isn't too late

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the reply! I did not see it in time. Turned out the hotel I stayed at (Hyatt) both sold and allowed cigar smoking outside at their pool area. A little pricey but was worth not having to travel anywhere.