Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

California Mega Herf

This is a discussion on California Mega Herf within the Western forums, part of the Events and Herfs category; Who from California is going? CALIFORNIA MEGA HERF 2014: BURN SESSIONS W/ JONATHAN DREW Looks like a good time with ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Cocker_dude's Avatar

California Mega Herf

Who from California is going?
    CALIFORNIA MEGA HERF 2014: BURN SESSIONS W/ JONATHAN DREW

Looks like a good time with some heavy hitters there.

Any chance one of my BOTL's who is going would be willing to help me out with a purchase?
    RoMa Craft Tobac Bringing Inside Out CRAFT 2013 to California Mega Herf | halfwheel

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

Re: California Mega Herf

It's actually 6 different cigar "events" over a span of 4 days. I was thinking about doing 1-2, but not sure. I was considering the Mega cigar crawl, but there is little to no info on where you're going or what your doing? I mean is it lounges, bars, restaurants or what??? Most of the other events seem over priced and just as vague as to what you are doing exactly and what's included. I just found it odd that they would put all this time and effort into these events and only give you a 2 sentence description of what you actually get...

EVENTS

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2014 ***JUST ADDED***
    7PM - CLOSE!

CALI MEGA HERF KICK OFF PARTY W/ ROMA CRAFT TOBAC CO.
    La Marca Cigar Lounge, Monrovia, CA
    Join us at La Marca Cigar Lounge for a Cigars for Warriors cigar collection event
    and Mega Herf Weekend kick off celebration with Skip Martin of RoMa Craft Tobac!

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2014
    7 PM - 10 PM

SUNSET CIGAR CRUISE WITH JONATHAN DREW: Marina del Rey, CA
    Enjoy a sunset cigar cruise with cigar royalty. A 3 hour sunset cruise around
    Marina del Rey harbor featuring vendors, live music, and a sultry top deck cigar
    lounge. (UPDATE!.)

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2014
    7:30 AM - 3 PM

MEGA CIGAR CRAWL: Los Angeles Area
    Ride in comfort in one of three air conditioned luxury charter buses. We begin
    our cigar crawl bright and early at LA's very own Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles
    then off to participating cigar lounges throughout Los Angeles and outlying cities.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2014
    7 PM - 10 PM

MEGA HERF WITH JONATHAN DREW: Hollywood, CA
    Rolling out the red carpet for this Mega Herf event with Drew Estate Cigars
    representing California in Hollywood star fashion at Madame Tussauds Wax
    Museum's rooftop venue on Hollywood Blvd next to the famous Gramaun's
    Chinese Theater. A CAN'T MISS EVENT OF THE YEAR!

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2014
    11 PM - 4 PM

CIGAR BRUNCH: Marriott Hotel Marina del Rey, CA
    We end this beautiful fun filled smokey weekend with a delicious brunch hosted
    by LA's very own V-Cut Cigar Lounge.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Bad Andy's Avatar

Looks interesting. I am busy that Saturday, but might be interested in the sunset cruise on Friday, and the brunch on Sunday.

I was going to do the crawl, but after unsuccessfully finding a single contact number to get more info about the event I just decided to not bother. I just don't feel right buying a ticket for an event that has no info about the event and no one to contact to get info.

There is more information on the website now. CALIFORNIA MEGA HERF 2014: BURN SESSIONS W/ JONATHAN DREW
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark

Looks like they added a few more notes about the events, but again still no contact info whatsoever... The crawl doesn't seem to be appealing anymore, but the cruise looks like it would be the best choice of all the events.

Full grown Puffer Fish Work4Play's Avatar

Brand new to the forum but actually found out about this event becase of you guys. My buddy and I got tickets for the Cruise already seemed like a solid event. $50 for a goody bag of cigars and then a couple of hours of wine and appetizers.

If you end up going let me know so I can say thanks in person.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Looks like they added a few more notes about the events, but again still no contact info whatsoever... The crawl doesn't seem to be appealing anymore, but the cruise looks like it would be the best choice of all the events.
    I'm looking forward to the rooftop herf as well. It should be fun.
    I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. Kenneth Clark