Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tobacco Outlet: Monona/Madison

This is a discussion on Tobacco Outlet: Monona/Madison within the Wisconsin forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Been there a few times, and every time has been quite uncomfortable. Each time I take a look at their ...

Young Puffer Fish

Tobacco Outlet: Monona/Madison

Been there a few times, and every time has been quite uncomfortable.

Each time I take a look at their walk-in humidor selection, and moments later I am getting bothered to hurry up and make a selection. When you have a huge selection, I would like to be able to look through and see what I would like, especially when the prices are 2X online prices per stick. Last time I just sort of rushed and grabbed something for $8 a stick and regretted it as soon as I walked out. No more. No way.

I know what you mean. I also have been there many times. I usually just stick my head in the humi to see if they have anything new. I usually purchase something for the ride home, Beaver Dam. I enjoy going to the one on East Wash. I feel quite at home there. Do you go to the Tasting Room? Whenever I have a couple of hours, while my family is shopping, I love going there and killing an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sodomanaz View Post
    Been there a few times, and every time has been quite uncomfortable.

Each time I take a look at their walk-in humidor selection, and moments later I am getting bothered to hurry up and make a selection. When you have a huge selection, I would like to be able to look through and see what I would like, especially when the prices are 2X online prices per stick. Last time I just sort of rushed and grabbed something for $8 a stick and regretted it as soon as I walked out. No more. No way.
    Why am I in this basket and why is it going down?

Re: Tobacco Outlet: Monona/Madison

Wow, I am surprised to see this report. I have never had this experience. I think there are/were 4 TOP in Madison. I have only been to 3 this one, East Wash and the one on the North side(location escapes me).

This one and East Wash have always been my favorites for help and selection. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. I will admit I am usually in uniform when I stop in, so maybe that has something to do with it as they are one of the few Madison Buisnesses that are pro military.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish woodted's Avatar

Re: Tobacco Outlet: Monona/Madison

When I go to the one on Monona Drive there are always 2 "older" ladies running the cash register. One is very friendly, but the other apparently has a cob stuck up her ass, cause she's just a plain bitch! I'd rather go to the Tasting Room, much better selection and usually only a few pennies more expensive.
    My 2 cents