Detroit Tigers Event [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Detroit Tigers Event

robisjebus-cl
04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was thinking, why don't we all meet up for a Tigers Game one Saturday in May or June.

Maybe make it an annual thing.

I can get passes to the cigar bar no problem, so that will get us in early.

Tickets are only $15 or so dollars, and I was thinking of getting a reservation at the tigers den for all of us. (which is AMAZING if you haven't been. All you can eat!)

I'm gonna crunch some numbers, but just to get an idea, post on here if you'd be interested. Even people from neighboring states/Canada can come if they choose.

let me know.

Newfie
04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Definately Rob. Keep us informed.

robisjebus-cl
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Dangit, i forgot to say "no Newfies".

oh well... can't take it back now.

:D

boomerd35
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Heck, I'd join ya if I was anywhere near the area. I haven't seen the new ballpark yet.

robisjebus-cl
04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Heck, I'd join ya if I was anywhere near the area. I haven't seen the new ballpark yet.

you get here and you have a place to stay.

i have an extra room and bathroom with your name on it.

boomerd35
04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
you get here and you have a place to stay.

i have an extra room and bathroom with your name on it.

Thanks for the generous offer.

Deuce Da Masta
04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Hell of an idea. Would love to get together and all of us hit a ball game! The camacho cigar bar is a nice place to spend an afternoon!

drscholl14-cl
04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Go Twins Go!!!!!

Deuce Da Masta
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Go Twins Go!!!!!

BOOOOOOOO!!!

Get your twins lovin ass out of our forum!

Jk.

drscholl14-cl
04-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Ha ha! I think it's gonna be a fun season for both of us. That is if your bullpen can hold up. Good luck to ya!

Deuce Da Masta
04-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Ha ha! I think it's gonna be a fun season for both of us. That is if your bullpen can hold up. Good luck to ya!

You better hope lariano gets healthy, and mauer stays healthy. If you have any long period of time without both of those guys, your in for a long season. At least the tigers have enough offense to hit their way through games this year. Cant say that about the twins. Good luck.

coach-cl
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was thinking, why don't we all meet up for a Tigers Game one Saturday in May or June.

Tickets are only $15 or so dollars, and I was thinking of getting a reservation at the tigers den for all of us. (which is AMAZING if you haven't been. All you can eat!)

I'm gonna crunch some numbers, but just to get an idea, post on here if you'd be interested. Even people from neighboring states/Canada can come if they choose.

let me know.

Us OHIO guys would be interested. We have discussed this on our local board[akron cigar club]. We were thinking bout doing this for the Tribe vs the Kitties. lmk

Paint
04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

let me know.

To get tickets to the tiger den you must have a 45$ ticket or better according to there web site i got tickets for the yankees game fri night./would be fun to all meet there

robisjebus-cl
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
To get tickets to the tiger den you must have a 45$ ticket or better according to there web site i got tickets for the yankees game fri night./would be fun to all meet there

that is to get into the cigar bar with JUST a ticket.

if you get a pass, you can go with the cheapest ticket, and it just so happens that i have a couple hookups for the passes.

so we spend $12-$15 on some tix, i supply the passes, and we're golden.

Paint
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a plan Stan!!!!!Go Tigers!!!

robisjebus-cl
04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
you said you were going on friday, did you buy $45+ tickets, or do you need passes?

robisjebus-cl
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
So i've been thinking. it's $15 for a ticket. around $27 for the tigers den buffet. that's $52 not including parking which would be about $5 a person.

so around $60 per person. i think that's kinda high for an afternoon at the ballpark.

so i have an alternative that i've discussed with patrick prior to this.

we bbq at MY house, then carpool to the game. everyone bring a dish or contribute to the meat. we'll have around 3 grills goin with ribs, burgers, and other stuff.

that way it's around $20 and the cost of a dish to pass. we were also thinkin about having a raffle for prizes.

so i need some input. would the tiger's den buffet be better, or bbq at my place prior to the game?

Daustin333
04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Let me know when you guys are coming up and I will get you passes to the Camacho Cigar Bar at Comerica Park. You will need a game ticket to get in, but access to the stadium is free!

Mtmouse
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Let me know when you guys are coming up and I will get you passes to the Camacho Cigar Bar at Comerica Park. You will need a game ticket to get in, but access to the stadium is free!

Thanks Dylan.

Rob I'm in.

oldpirate-cl
04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Man, I doubt I'll be able to get over to Detroit for this herf, but it sounds like a great time! I have 4 tickets for the 8/25 game with Cleveland and am really looking forward to it.

After these last two days (two losses to KC) you gotta wonder when the bats are going to wake up though! Leyland's got be going nuts!

Chewer D-cl
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I would be in for this....

Paint
04-04-2008, 06:05 PM
you said you were going on friday, did you buy $45+ tickets, or do you need passes?
may 10th against Yankees, i dont have passes for the cigar bar or Tigerden.I sure could use passes if you can get them/Mike

robisjebus-cl
04-06-2008, 10:46 AM
may 10th against Yankees, i dont have passes for the cigar bar or Tigerden.I sure could use passes if you can get them/Mike

i'm tryin to shoot you a pm, but it's not letting me. adjust your setting to allow pm's and i'll shoot you the info.

Doogie
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
:arghhhh::arghhhh:Are you talking about the 0---5 Tigers:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Paint
04-06-2008, 08:07 PM
i'm tryin to shoot you a pm, but it's not letting me. adjust your setting to allow pm's and i'll shoot you the info.
Ill try and fix my pm setting.

Dirty Dee-cl
04-07-2008, 07:53 AM
:arghhhh::arghhhh:Are you talking about the 0---6 Tigers:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

A slight adjustment to your total...:biggrin:

So far they are having a rough go with lack of wins and injuries.

Let's stay positive. It is a 162 game season. Lots of baseball left to play.

Paint
04-08-2008, 04:39 PM
A slight adjustment to your total...:biggrin:

So far they are having a rough go with lack of wins and injuries.

Let's stay positive. It is a 162 game season. Lots of baseball left to play.They will not be defeated anymore when they win!!!!/Hopefully soon!:angry: