Pete Johnson in KC [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Pete Johnson in KC

HeMan
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Me and a few of my fellow Lincolnites are driving the 3 hours to KC on Saturday to Outlaw Cigar for their Pete Johnson/Tatuaje Event. I'm totally stoked about it 'cause I've never been to an Outlaw event, but have heard nothing but awesomeness about them...I bet it'll take a long time to air out my car :smile:

Check the link (http://www.outlawcigar.com/sitesections/community/events/eventDetails.aspx?EventId=21).

d_day
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Three hours? That'a a long drive for a smoke!

Patrick B
02-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Sweet stuff! I want tons of pictures...

ssutton219
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Wonder if there is any chance in hell that my wife would let me sneak away......

Oh man that would be fun!!!

Shawn

HeMan
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
3 hours isn't too bad...when you live in Lincoln you get used to driving other places to do cool stuff...only 8 hours to Chicago and Denver...3 hours to KC...

I figure if we're there longer than it takes to get there it's worth it :) Plus all the food and beer...can't complain there...

We got a box of Tatuaje Franks that came out at Halloween, so we're gonna try and get Pete to sign the box for us..that'd be sweet...

Patrick B
02-20-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't think of much cigar wise that I'd rather have than a signed box of Franks! Have a blast tomorrow night. I expect a full report, don't let us down!

HeMan
02-23-2009, 11:54 AM
So the Pete Johnson/Tatuaje event was sweet. I had never been to an Outlaw event before, and will definately be going back for more! It's right off the interstate and super easy to find. The thing started at 10am, and we showed up at about 10:10. It was awesome b/c they were still kinda setting up shop and there wasn't too many people there yet. Pete Johnson was kinda hanging out in the main area of the shop. We bought a box of Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles. Since we bought a box, we got a mess of goodies. We got a bag with a bunch of cigars (9 red label tatuajes about 5x50 in size and a 3 pack of black label tatuajes, also about 5x50) We also got a sweet tatuaje hat, a decent tatuaje cutter, a patch and a pin. So I'd say we got a good amount of extra stuff. Then there was the food and beer. The brats were delicious, and the Granite City beer was flowing...you just served yourself off the taps. Lines for food and beer weren't horrible, so that was nice. They also had a 200 pound pig roasted and served that up on buns.

We stayed there from a little after 10am to about 2pm...smoked 4 cigars, drank 3 beers, had some brats and pig meat and cookies...good times. Carlos Fuente Jr. is gonna be there in April..maybe we'll go for that one. The for sure ones we're going for is CAO in July and Pepin in September

HeMan
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know how to post pics within a post, so here's the link to some pics on my puff.com album:
https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/members/heman-albums-pete-johnson-tatuaje-event.html

ssutton219
02-23-2009, 06:32 PM
So the Pete Johnson/Tatuaje event was sweet. I had never been to an Outlaw event before, and will definately be going back for more! It's right off the interstate and super easy to find. The thing started at 10am, and we showed up at about 10:10. It was awesome b/c they were still kinda setting up shop and there wasn't too many people there yet. Pete Johnson was kinda hanging out in the main area of the shop. We bought a box of Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles. Since we bought a box, we got a mess of goodies. We got a bag with a bunch of cigars (9 red label tatuajes about 5x50 in size and a 3 pack of black label tatuajes, also about 5x50) We also got a sweet tatuaje hat, a decent tatuaje cutter, a patch and a pin. So I'd say we got a good amount of extra stuff. Then there was the food and beer. The brats were delicious, and the Granite City beer was flowing...you just served yourself off the taps. Lines for food and beer weren't horrible, so that was nice. They also had a 200 pound pig roasted and served that up on buns.

We stayed there from a little after 10am to about 2pm...smoked 4 cigars, drank 3 beers, had some brats and pig meat and cookies...good times. Carlos Fuente Jr. is gonna be there in April..maybe we'll go for that one. The for sure ones we're going for is CAO in July and Pepin in September

Keep us updated maybe I can make it uip there for one of those!!

Looked like an AWESOME time!!

Shawn

lowlife
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
This was my 2nd Outlaw event, I really enjoy them. It was pretty packed when we got there but I bought some singles and had a beer and smoke. I am looking at the Fuente and Padron events that are coming up.

Cigary
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Looks like a great time at the Outlaw. I remember when I lived in Kansas City from 1989 til 1998 and watched when the Outlaw started. Glad to see them having such success and the people there were great as well. Guess great people breed success as we all know.

Vagrant
02-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Of course, it would figure to be my luck I miss out on the event with Tatuaje in the midwest.

(Doh!)

I'll have to catch one of the others.

(As for the Lincoln thing.. I know what you mean about having to drive hours to find anything cool)

Every now and again, though, we get a decent concert in either here or Omaha.

doublerobusto
03-03-2009, 07:18 PM
It sounds like a blast! I was tempted to drive 8 hours from Chicago to go to the event too.

banzaiengr
06-02-2009, 12:07 PM
I've always heard great things about the Outlaw Cigar events. I guess next weekend they're having an Oliva event. Unfortunately I traveled to K.C. last weekend. After a seven hour drive, I made Outlaw my first stop. The service sucked!

banzaiengr
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I've always heard great things about the Outlaw Cigar events. I guess next weekend they're having an Oliva event. Unfortunately I traveled to K.C. last weekend. After a seven hour drive, I made Outlaw my first stop. The service sucked!

After making this post I sent an email to Kendell Culbertson, owner of Outlaw Cigars. I explained my disappointment with the service that I received during my visit. I promptly received a reply to my email from Mr. Culbertson expressing his apology and disappointment with my experience. This past Saturday I received an unexpected package from Outlaw cigars. Mr. Culbertson proved to me that Outlaw Cigars is committed to their customers and I will be happy to visit them the next time I visit K.C.

ssutton219
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
After making this post I sent an email to Kendell Culbertson, owner of Outlaw Cigars. I explained my disappointment with the service that I received during my visit. I promptly received a reply to my email from Mr. Culbertson expressing his apology and disappointment with my experience. This past Saturday I received an unexpected package from Outlaw cigars. Mr. Culbertson proved to me that Outlaw Cigars is committed to their customers and I will be happy to visit them the next time I visit K.C.

Doesnt really surprize me one bit.

Always have heard good things about Outlaw and I have never had a bad experiance...sorry you did but it seems to have been taken care of!

Shawn