premiumhumidors.com [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: premiumhumidors.com

Wiseguy1982
12-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Alright, so I was browsing the internet, drooling over things, when I stumbled upon this:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2009/12/04/p_2752156_0.jpg

I liked it, and for the regular price of $34.95 for a 50 count, I didn't think was much to ask, but I went and looked at other things on the site. Low and behold, they have an imperfect section, and I found that same humi for $21.00 and ordered it, and on top of it, free shipping and NO tax!

I recommend them. :-P

GunHand
12-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm almost positive that the fella who owns the company is a member of Puff. I've heard lots of good stuff about them...next time I am in the market for a humi, I'll check them out!

GunHand
12-04-2009, 01:26 AM
ooops....maybe I was thinking about cheaphumidorsdotcom...:embarassed:

Wiseguy1982
12-04-2009, 01:35 AM
ooops....maybe I was thinking about cheaphumidorsdotcom...:embarassed:

Yep, cheaphumidors is a cool guy!

CheapHumidors
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Yep, cheaphumidors is a cool guy!

:wave:
:ss

You guys know I appreciate y'all :) always feel free to PM me if I can help with anything.

p.s. (not tryin to advertise here but still) if you find an offer that beats us somewhere, try the "make me an offer" button on our site.

dahu
05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Opinions please! I've spent some time on puff looking for "the best humidor" for a cheap-o budget. I have a 50ct that I am using now. I am looking for a 150ct, traditional looking, humi. I know a few of you will recommend a coolidor, and that is what I am currently storing some of cigars in, (well, a tupidor, more or less, basically a big plastic tub with KL and the lid duck taped on because the seal was terrible) but i am wanting a second humi. I found this:

The Keeper Grand Humidor*-*PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/large-desktop-humidors/the-keeper-grand-humidor.html)

let me know if you know anyone using it or something similar. If cheaphumidors had something similar with free shipping also, I would pull trigger on that, just because he's on Puff.

thanks for any advice. sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't want to start a brand new one for a quick question.

dahu
05-27-2011, 01:22 AM
The Three Drawer - Imperfect Humidor*-*PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-three-drawer-imperfect-humidor-2.html)

How do humi's with drawers perform in regard to regulating rH? seems like they wouldn't have as sure of a seal... Also, any suggestions for where i would put my KL in a humi with drawers?

CaptainBlenderman
05-27-2011, 01:34 AM
I think it has been the consensus here that humidors like this don't hold RH very well. Between the glass and the drawers, you likely will have seal problems so RH may be difficult to maintain. I'd stick to something with a solid lid and trays.

CaptainBlenderman
05-27-2011, 01:37 AM
This one might be better...

The Grandfather Humidor - Impefect Humidor*-*PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-grandfather-humidor-impefect-humidor.html)

Rock31
05-27-2011, 02:01 AM
The Three Drawer - Imperfect Humidor - PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-three-drawer-imperfect-humidor-2.html)

How do humi's with drawers perform in regard to regulating rH? seems like they wouldn't have as sure of a seal... Also, any suggestions for where i would put my KL in a humi with drawers?

I would not advise you to get a glass top humidor with draws....and certainly not an imperfect one. There are to many places that could leak rh on that thing.

dahu
05-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Ray and Mitch thank you both for feedback. I love this place :)

dahu
05-27-2011, 02:29 AM
based on the feedback about drawers and glass tops, I think I am going to go with:
The Keeper Grand Humidor*-*PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/the-keeper-grand-humidor-2.html)

thanks for the input guys

Herf N Turf
05-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Russ,

I know you're newly back, but you've been here long enough to post in the right forum. Nanny, nanny, shame on you :nono:

MOVED

And as for cheap humidors.... I think everyone already knows my thoughts on that concept ;)

Wiseguy1982
05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Russ,

I know you're newly back, but you've been here long enough to post in the right forum. Nanny, nanny, shame on you :nono:

MOVED

And as for cheap humidors.... I think everyone already knows my thoughts on that concept ;)

Surely you jest, did you not notice the posting date of this post?

:wacko:

dahu
06-11-2011, 12:31 AM
based on the feedback about drawers and glass tops, I think I am going to go with:
The Keeper Grand Humidor*-*PremiumHumidors (http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/the-keeper-grand-humidor-2.html)

thanks for the input guys

I just recently received my Keeper Grand (imperfect) and for the life of me cant figure out what is imperfect about it. I am thrilled with the quality of the humi, passes the dollar bill test, the whoosh test, and the flash light test. It is seasoning now. On the other hand, I am less than thrilled with the customer service. I placed my order on the 27th and called on the 31st to confirm and was told that it would be delivered friday the 3rd. Awesome!
So it wasn't delivered on the 3rd and I called back, come to find out it was back ordered and I wasn't made aware of that fact until almost a week later and only because I called, I expected an email. (They said to check my junk mail folder, but there was nothing). A little bummed out, I called and spoke with a rep and asked that the shipping be upgraded to make up for the fact that I was expecting it earlier. He said he couldn't upgrade the shipping, so I said, well, there must be something you can do? and asked if he would be willing to ship it with a digital hygrometer since we both know the analogs were terrible. He says he will either do the upgraded shipping or do the hygrom. I asked that a confirmation email get sent to verify our conversation. 2 days later no email. I call back a third time and they say that it is already shipped standard shipping, so I'm thinking, cool, at least I got a hygrom for the delay. Well the humi shows up and there is a five pack of crap sticks that are so squishy they are probably going to be un-smokable, with a band that says "classic cuban hand rolled". I know I am nitpicking, I know it wasn't their fault, and it was very nice that they did include something, but I just expected better communication. Sorry for the long winded rant, but wanted to throw this story out there so that others who order from premiumhumidors.com wouldn't expect much in terms of customer service, but could expect a quality product. I wont order from them again. This humi will suffice until I can save up enough dough to hopefully get a waxing moon.:hail:

E Dogg
06-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Just remember...... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

dahu
06-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Just remember...... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

I am pleasantly surprised with the quality, in fact I would say it is worth more than the 59 dollars I paid for it...so, this might be an isolated instance where I got more than I paid for. who knows it could go to sh!t in a year or less and I will have to get a new one, but for the time being it will work.

E Dogg
06-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it will work just fine and serve you well for many years. I have one similar in use now that was gifted to me a long time ago. But you still get what you pay for. These boxes are constructed out of MDF and lined with a cedar veneer that's very thin. The only solid cedar is the tray and the seal that's attached to the lid and the hinges are as cheap as they come. As long as you take care of it, it will work.