Broke down on the way to work... [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Broke down on the way to work...

Coop D
02-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Nothing beats being on the side of the extremely busy Eisenhower Expressway in Chicago during the mad morning commute.

Was driving doing about 65 and all of a sudden the Traction Off light popped up on my dash. Very strange since I wasn't on ice! So I take my foot off the gas pedal and the RPM's drop and the car just dies. I pop it into neutral to try to restart it, but doesn't do anything.:???:

so I was able to get it over to the shoulder, but couldn't get it going. Not sure if it is the traction control system, alternator, or something with the fuel delivery to the motor. Got it towed to the shop for them to figure it out.

The best part was I called the tow truck at 6:15am. they finally got there at 7:40.... Nothing beats sitting on the shoulder of one of the busiest roads in the chicago area for that long. I think almost 200 cars hit me!!!!

Just ranting to get it out of my system!!! Thanks for reading!!!!

cubicdissection
02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
The best part was I called the tow truck at 6:15am. they finally got there at 7:40.... Nothing beats sitting on the shoulder of one of the busiest roads in the chicago area for that long. I think almost 200 cars hit me!!!!

Not to mention you were probably freezing your balls off that whole time.

Bummer dude...hope it's covered by warranty? Sounds like a computer issue to me...

FiveStar
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Shitey roll man. Can you smoke at work? :rofl:

I'm sure you could use a 'Gar right about now. Hope it all works out bro!

Coop D
02-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Not to mention you were probably freezing your balls off that whole time.

Bummer dude...hope it's covered by warranty? Sounds like a computer issue to me...

I still think they are hiding in me....

No warranty... Happy firday to me!!!!

Coop D
02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Shitey roll man. Can you smoke at work? :rofl:

I'm sure you could use a 'Gar right about now. Hope it all works out bro!

Can't smoke at work, but will have one when I finally make it home... I am having one person pick me up to drive to one point. Then my wife will come pick me up from there.

Magicseven
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Dam coop that sucks!

And that road sucks too.!

Coop D
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Dam coop that sucks!

And that road sucks too.!

It was terrible where I stopped. I was right in between an on ramp and an exit ramp... So people were merging on trying not to hit me, and people were trying to get around me to exit :peep: I think that was the most nerve racking break down I have had!!!

007 Cruiser
02-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I sure hope it's not too expensive of a fix.

Coop D
02-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I sure hope it's not too expensive of a fix.

Same here!!! The tow was already $150....

Coop D
02-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Shop called and it was the Fuel Pump. Total for the repair is $678.49

Expensive day for me.... F$%K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitbull
02-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Very crappy Scott I hope you at least eased the pain with a great smoke :smoke:

havanajohn
02-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Shop called and it was the Fuel Pump. Total for the repair is $678.49

Expensive day for me.... F$%K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That stinks! Is this progress? Fuel pumps used to be on the side of the motor, and were driven by the crank= easy to get to, and cheaper to replace. Nowadays, they are inside the fuel tank = major PITA, and expensive to replace. Go figure!!!

007 Cruiser
02-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear that it was so expensive Scott. My wife's van cost us a repair of $500 last week...I feel your pain Bro.

Coop D
02-27-2010, 10:37 AM
That stinks! Is this progress? Fuel pumps used to be on the side of the motor, and were driven by the crank= easy to get to, and cheaper to replace. Nowadays, they are inside the fuel tank = major PITA, and expensive to replace. Go figure!!!

This car is in the tank without an access panel from the trunk. My last car there was an access panel so the job took like 30 mins.

This job is a 2-3 hour job since you have to drain the tank, then drop the tank....

Coop D
02-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Very crappy Scott I hope you at least eased the pain with a great smoke :smoke:

I was planning on smoking a CAO Soprano someone had bombed me with, but didn't make it home until late. My boss drove me to meet with my wife, then we stopped and had dinner. He picked up the tab which included a few Jack Daniel drinks!!!

Coop D
02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that it was so expensive Scott. My wife's van cost us a repair of $500 last week...I feel your pain Bro.

The thing that hurts the most is I have been talking to Ed about making me a humidor. Now with the repair, that is going to be on hold...

Really blows that he was going to the wood supplier on Tues to check out some boards for me. I think I cried a little when the guy told me the price:???: