NJ Herf [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: NJ Herf

rob51461
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Just thought about having a herf on the GSP in NJ some have restrooms, pavillion and charcoal grills. Please post If you would be interested in some burgers and dogs n such with some soft beverages and of course Cigars. It would most likely be Around marker 30-40 Ill check into it if enough ppl r interested

MoreBeer
10-05-2010, 03:38 PM
What's a herf with food, grilling, etc and no booze? And on the GSP? Yikes! Just the image of a dozen or so guys (even without any booze) sitting there sucking back cigars in a Parkway rest stop will get the NJSP all excited to chase everyone away.

rob51461
10-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Its just a central locale to get together for a few hrs and easy to get to.......or we could all pile to your house:flame:

MoreBeer
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Years back me and some golf buddies I had would rent rooms in a cheaper Wildwood Crest motel in the off season for a few days and play golf at Cape May National. It was in late April I believe. We'd have one room set up as a hospitality room with all the booze and food. The hotel had an area outside with tables and grills. We'd hang out after golf, bullshitting, smoking, drinking, etc. Good times and cheap.

That doesn't solve your location issue, just thought I'd mention it.

rob51461
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, most of the hotels down here wont let you smoke on the property let alone inside. Alot of them are condotels. My idea is a cheap easy to get to event that will only cost you gas and tolls and maybe an hour and a half ride so it would be a day trip type dealy.

MoreBeer
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
If you come up with something, let me know. I'd be more than happy to attend.

Last time we did the Wildwood golf thing was about 5 years ago. Stayed at this dumpy hotel called the Blue Marlin. They didn't give a crap about us smoking and drinking outside...at least then.

Use to go to Wildwood all the time as I once owned a townhouse in Diamond Beach, right next to the Wawa before the bridge going into the Cape. Sold that maybe 15 years ago when I needed the money. Now its just a load of unsold condo's down there. Still go to Cape May for a few days here and there. We like to walk through that town center avenue thing, look in the stores, eat, have some drinks, its nice there. Every morning breakfast at Uncle Bills Pancake House.