Indian river tobacco traders Grand Rapids [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Indian river tobacco traders Grand Rapids

Firedawg
11-08-2010, 12:47 AM
This place I have gone to many times and has a decent selection and pricing.
They also have a nice smoking den available which lately they have a guy named Jorge who is cuban rolling cigars right in the den at a table. Its his own blend which I have yet to smoke(a couple in humi settling) Its nice to be smoking a cigar and chatting with him as he rolls and explains any question you might have. His english is ok but he wants to talk to make him better.

Anyone in the local area that is interested in meeting there let me know would glad to meet a fella gar.

indianrivertobaccotraders.com

They also have a store in Newaygo MI

rover3013
11-21-2010, 12:28 AM
hey, really sounds like a great place, and the roller sounds interesting, i would like to meet you there and have a stick with you.
How about after noon on the 3rd of December.
Maybe ill get you a short story, heard that you would like to try one of those:pound:

Termite
11-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I picked up two of Jorge's roubustos last Sat.......should have picked up three. Ended up giving one to the owner of my normal B&M/lounge in K-zoo and the other one to my smokin' buddy. They said they were great! I didn't lose out though I ended up with a Padron 64 anny for $10! :smoke:

CaptainBlenderman
11-21-2010, 10:23 AM
My wife's best friend lives around there...perhaps one of these days we can pop up there and she can visit her friend, I can visit this place and meet a couple of you guys there. Sounds great! How much do the roller's cigars sell for? I had one down here rolled locally a number of years ago and it was really good...I like trying locally rolled stuff.

Firedawg
11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
hey, really sounds like a great place, and the roller sounds interesting, i would like to meet you there and have a stick with you.
How about after noon on the 3rd of December.
Maybe ill get you a short story, heard that you would like to try one of those:pound:

Your an ass walter! hehehehe I know you bought one already and have been waving it in front of me. big jerk! Ok Ill go maybe but I will drive so I can leave you there. :)

rover3013
11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I resemble that remark.
like leaving me all day in the smoking room of my local B&M is a punishment, well punish me, often, lol:humble:

padron13
12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
A group of us meet every Friday at Indian River, and I have started rolling my own, thank's to instruction from Jorge. My mold just came in today! Rick

rover3013
12-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Rick, what time will you be there this Friday? :banana:

padron13
12-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Around 2:00

rover3013
12-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Darn, Luke told me you would be in after 4:00, just got back in and saw your post, maybe next friday:cowboyic9:

padron13
12-18-2010, 08:42 AM
They are closing early Christmas eve, but I should be there around noon. Stop by if you can.

padron13
12-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I should be there the 7th at 3:30, stop by if you can.

rover3013
12-25-2010, 05:17 PM
3:30 on the 7th, ill be there, or die trying! :banana:

padron13
12-26-2010, 08:38 AM
I'll give you one of my sticks to try, still experimenting with the blend. Jorge wouldn't give up his blending recipe, so its kind of trial and error. I started out a little too mild for my tastes, so I upped the ligero leaf and its getting better.

padron13
12-26-2010, 08:54 AM
The West Michigan Cigar Society is meeting this Wed. from 5-8 at Indian River. We may not have a very good turnout because of the holidays, but come on by if you can. Rick

Termite
12-26-2010, 11:03 AM
The West Michigan Cigar Society is meeting this Wed. from 5-8 at Indian River. We may not have a very good turnout because of the holidays, but come on by if you can. Rick

Do you guys meet up there on a regular basis?

padron13
12-26-2010, 11:36 AM
The brothers of the leaf meet every Friday, approx. 3:30 til 8. The West MI Cigar Society meets the last Wed. of each month.

rover3013
01-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Hey Rick, had a great time meeting you and the brothers of the leaf.
Looking forward to spending a Friday or two smoking some good sticks with you guys on Fridays in the future. Thanks again for the invite. You should post a picture of Ricks Stick on the site, its awesome having your own cigar. :smoke:

CaptainBlenderman
01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey Michigan brothers! I figured this thread already mentioned the appropriate B&M so I would just post here. I'll be in GR on Saturday to spend the day there for my birthday and I'm thinking about hanging out at Indian River for a smoke (my understanding is that they have a lounge there, yes?). If nothing else, I want to get there to pick up some of that Bullseye Flake that I was reading about here last week. I plan on being there around 4:30 or so if anyone happens to be around then.

rover3013
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey Mitch, yes sir, they do have a lounge, nice folks there too. I am not sure if i can make it but ill give it a try, if i do ill be the ugliest guy waiting in the lounge, easy to recognize, lol, ill be smoking a cigar, lol:rockon:

CaptainBlenderman
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Mitch, yes sir, they do have a lounge, nice folks there too. I am not sure if i can make it but ill give it a try, if i do ill be the ugliest guy waiting in the lounge, easy to recognize, lol, ill be smoking a cigar, lol:rockon:

Cool, thanks Walter! Hope to see you then.

CaptainBlenderman
01-12-2011, 02:46 PM
It looks like it might be closer to 5:00 that I am there, if it matters. Any other takers?

yellowfan
08-07-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't know if any of you still live in Grand Rapids but I've seen that this thread has not been commented upon for a couple of years. Do any of you still go to Indian River Tobacco Traders? If not would you care to comment?

padron13
08-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't know if any of you still live in Grand Rapids but I've seen that this thread has not been commented upon for a couple of years. Do any of you still go to Indian River Tobacco Traders? If not would you care to comment?

Hi Yellowfan, we go to Grand River Cigar now, 131 s Division by Cherry