Jacksonville & Pensacola [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Jacksonville & Pensacola

Hoagiehoag
02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
In the next couple of months I will be traveling to Jacksonville and Pensacola. What are the recommended B&M stores in these areas? I always like to stop into the smaller stores and buy some, just to support the local stores. I do think I am going to make a trip to Corona Cigars in Orlando, I was there once and it just overwhelmed me!

Thanks in advance!

William

thebayratt
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
There are three shops in Pensacola worth a damn.

1. Cordova Cigars Cordova Cigars - Pensacola's Source for Premium Cigars (http://www.cordovacigars.com/). Nice shop, nice sized humidor, smoking lounge, drinks, patio, etc... - My personal favorite in Pensacola, deffinately worth a stop!

2. Grand Reserve Cigar & Smoke. 210 Palafox Pl
Old small shop, haven't been in there, kind of hard to find, don't blink, you'll miss it!

3. Tinderbox in Cordova Mall. Small humidor, can be unfriendly at times. (Cordova cigars is about 3 minutes north of this shop).

Hatattack
02-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Cordova is the best of the 3 no doubt. Huge humi and they just restocked with lots of aged and rare smokes. Friendly staff, nice TV room and Jerry's across the street will bring over food for you. Everything there is top nitch and I am the everyday. They are not BYOB anymore so don't bring in booze.Do have free coffee and tea, also have a Coke machine.

Tinder Box in the mall is ok. Hes not stocked right now but he has some rare pre-embargo cigars. Bobby is a great guy is you get to know him. If you just walk in and not indroduce yourself he can be a dick, but you have to understand all the mall bs he deals with. People rob him blind if he isn't on top of things.

Grand Reserve is on Palafox. Its little but hes been there a long time and he has a nice selection. But its not very inviting in there. Also the crowd there kinda gives me the creeps.

Irish Cannon
03-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Cordova is the best of the 3 no doubt. Huge humi and they just restocked with lots of aged and rare smokes. Friendly staff, nice TV room and Jerry's across the street will bring over food for you. Everything there is top nitch and I am the everyday. They are not BYOB anymore so don't bring in booze.Do have free coffee and tea, also have a Coke machine.

Tinder Box in the mall is ok. Hes not stocked right now but he has some rare pre-embargo cigars. Bobby is a great guy is you get to know him. If you just walk in and not indroduce yourself he can be a dick, but you have to understand all the mall bs he deals with. People rob him blind if he isn't on top of things.

Grand Reserve is on Palafox. Its little but hes been there a long time and he has a nice selection. But its not very inviting in there. Also the crowd there kinda gives me the creeps.

I've noticed that about Bobby as well. Went in there a few times when I went to UWF. Once I didn't talk to him and he got a little huffy, the next few times I struck up a conversation as soon as I walked in and he was very cool. Talk, or else :nono:

Never went to Cordova. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Pcola. I plan on going back to UWF to get my MA, so I'll stop in when I go to fill out paperwork on campus.

gator_79
03-18-2011, 06:42 AM
In Jacksonville- Tobacco Cove West- On 17, north of NAS Jax a few miles is a good shop. It's not very big but they usually have a pretty good selection and the people are usually friendly. That is the regular shop I visit.