Xikar vs Palio [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Xikar vs Palio

stewartu
02-26-2011, 03:18 AM
I need a new cutter. I've not had the opportunity to handle either and will not have an opportunity before i purchase. I want solid, straight cut capability that should last for years. I like the idea of the Palio being American made. But, for those of you who have used both, which do you prefer? Which would you buy again?

Also, when Palio says "burlwood" or "carbon fiber", is this really the material of construction, or is it simply a finish on the cutter? Same question on the Xikar.

Thanks,

Habanolover
02-26-2011, 07:20 AM
I am a die hard Palio fan. There are a few reasons I am and I will list them below.

1: Palio is owned by a very good BOTL with a true passion for the hobby. I try to support these types of people whenever possible.

2: The cut is second to none.

3: While Xikar has a very good warranty the Palio's is just a bit better. With Xikar you need to return the cutter to them in order to get it sharpened, replaced, etc. (Some stores will swap them but are not obligated to). With Palio you just take it to an authorized dealer and it is replaced.. Simple as that!

Basically it all boils down to personal preference as they are both very good cutters. Some people find the Xikar at bit more awkward than a traditional cutter and report cases of the cutter "pinching" them. Some of our larger brothers have said that the finger holes on the Palio were a bit small for them.

Rosie
02-26-2011, 08:20 AM
For the past 14 years I've been pretty much exclusively using either a Nat Sherman Tsuge or a Xikar X1. After reading the praise of the Palio, I decided to pick one up. I just got it last week.

If you're looking for heft, the Palio really doesn't have it. It's made mostly of composite material and the blades are thin, so it's very light. All of them are made of the same material, so the fancy carbon and wood finishes are just that, finishes over composite material. I don't know about the fancy finishes on the Xikar, I've never been able to afford any of them. :neutral:

I dunno, I think I prefer the Xikar. That's probably only because it's been so long since I've used a straight guillotine cutter like the Palio, without any kind of spring loaded or mechanical action. I think the more I get used to the Palio the more it will grow on me.

In reality, they are both outstanding cutters and both make a first class cut. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

Cheers,

Rosie

tankertom
02-26-2011, 09:38 AM
I use a Palio and really like it. It cuts well and feels good in the hand. I have pretty big hands and don't have any trouble with it.

I have pinched myself with the Xikar but it did cut well.

tt

gahdzila
02-28-2011, 06:19 AM
I own one of each, and I have no complaints about either. They're both fantastic. Pick the one with the "action" you think you would prefer (traditional finger holes of the Palio vs spring loaded hand grip of the Xikar), or the one you think is more attractive. Neither is better than the other, you won't be disappointed with either.

Frodo
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Pick the one with the "action" you think you would prefer (traditional finger holes of the Palio vs spring loaded hand grip of the Xikar), or the one you think is more attractive. Neither is better than the other, you won't be disappointed with either.

Agree whole-heartedly with the above. My choice if I had to purchase it again would be a cheap Xi3 if I had $60 as these will accomodate 58 RG or the Palio if I could only afford the $38.50. The Xi2 has had some comments from users that the rivits can pop out after being dropped and the Xi1 is $10 less than the Xi3 without having the titanium oxide on the blades or the capacity for the larger RG.

Loomisglx
02-28-2011, 12:51 PM
It no challenge Palio wins in my book

gibson_es
02-28-2011, 01:13 PM
its a toss up, im not a fan of the xi2, however, the xi and xi3 are both great, palio works just as well, but i just feel more comfortable with the xikar, warranties were already talked about by habanolover, i cant testify to palio's, but i trust he knows what he is talking about, i can testify for xikar, and its awesome, i did trade it at the store, but like stated, thats not a requirement by the store, however, it seems most stores will do it. and xikar will send you a FREE leather pouch to keep it in, and keep it protected, they will replace it even if its just cosmetic damage, my torch was working 100%, but, AT MY OWN FAULT it got scratched up pretty badly, they replaced it for free, no trouble. i make it a point to take better care of the new one though. not sure if palio does that, but they might.

i know its not mentioned, but i at least want to bring it to your attention.

PERFECT Cigar Cutters - CUBANCRAFTERS (http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/78)

great cutter for $15, great warrenty, and at its price you can still get a xikar and a palio if you wish, i have had no issues out of mine so far. i prefer to use it against others when smoking a torp, unless i get the urge to use a v-cut, because sometimes you just want your cigar to look like a fish. lol

rcruz1211
02-28-2011, 01:48 PM
The palio cuts significantly better IMHO and their customer service is outstanding. I called them because the tiny BOTL emblem fell out of the cutter and i wanted to get a new emblem and glue it back myself. They told me they would replace it for a new one just because they felt it was the right thing to do. There was never anything wrong with the cutters function. That is customer service and why I will always use their cutters.

Captnstabn
02-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I like my palio alot. I've never used a xikar cutter, just the 009 punch, so I can't comment on that. The punch is great though. Very sharp.

aroma
02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
You can't make a bad choice between those two.
I have a Palio and this Xikar:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/02/28/p_3141269_0.jpg

I like them both, but the Xikar is my go-to.
I reviewed it here (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-accessory-reviews/271163-xikar-ultra-lighter-cutter-combo.html#post2898161) and compared it to the Palio here (https://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-accessory-reviews/271163-xikar-ultra-lighter-cutter-combo.html#post2898779).

Dr. Z
03-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I've had a chance to use the Old palio (It's thinner and sharper and gives a better cut), the New palio (It's heavier all around, and doesn't IMO cut as well), an XI1, and Xi3. along with the X8 by xikar.

I prefer Xikar hands down... Always a fantastically sharp perfect cut. The X8, honestly, is a Palio knockoff, but it does the job damn well.

As for finishes, the Palio are all finishes, not the actual material. Where as, with the Xikars, I don't knwo about the X8, but I'd assume they're just finishes since it's so cheap. The Xi cutters, however, are made of the material listed (the handles are made of it).

I'd get one of the Xi series cutters ANY day, and plan on getting another one or two in the future.. The Amboina Xi3 is beautiful, but I also want to get one of the Spectra Xi3s.

Xikar, in my books, always comes out ahead. And almost any store will swap out your cutter in person once it gets dull, and if it breaks and they have the model you have, they'll swap it out in person. At least in my experience, they always swap on the spot.

Goingyard
03-07-2011, 12:10 AM
All I have ever used is xikar. I have been using them for years. I have never had any trouble with them.

nfarrar
03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
I have an Xi2 and Palio. I think the Palio blades are sharper that the Xikar. It may just be my xikar is a bum unit. I like the Xikar but LOVE the Palio. No question for me, the Palio is the winner.

Zogg
03-07-2011, 01:38 AM
i got a xikar pretty cheap (like $27) xi2, my friend had the same one and he got me into cigars, ive never had an issue with it, and it cut *so* much better than cheapo $5-10 guillotine cutters.

i plan on snagging a palio if i see it on sale somewhere, B&M near me had a clearnace on em for like $25 but i just bought my xikar.

I'm sure its mostly cut-style preference than anything. I like playing with my xikar P:

edit: im pretty sure xikar says they fit 54 gauge and palios do up to 60, so if you smoke huge cigars palio might be a better bet.

MATADOR
03-07-2011, 01:53 AM
3: While Xikar has a very good warranty the Palio's is just a bit better. With Xikar you need to return the cutter to them in order to get it sharpened, replaced, etc. (Some stores will swap them but are not obligated to). With Palio you just take it to an authorized dealer and it is replaced.. Simple as that!

They have the same exact warranty. You can bring any xikar product to any Xikar authorized dealer and replace it (yes, they're obligated to do so unless they don't have that specific item), same as the Palio. Not as many retailers carry Palio as they do Xikar.

So, warranty set aside, I have a few Xikars and I just recently got a Palio and thats my go to cutter right now. The Carbon Fiber is real nice on the Xikar though...the Palio is fake carbon so I didn't get it.

Habanolover
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
They have the same exact warranty. You can bring any xikar product to any Xikar authorized dealer and replace it (yes, they're obligated to do so unless they don't have that specific item), same as the Palio. Not as many retailers carry Palio as they do Xikar.

Not according to their website. I know a couple of retailers who do not exchange on the premises. As I said above, they are both good cutters and it is more about personal preference than anything. :tu

Herf N Turf
03-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Not according to their website. I know a couple of retailers who do not exchange on the premises. As I said above, they are both good cutters and it is more about personal preference than anything. :tu

Yup. I, myself have been shut-down trying to exchange a Xikar cutter, by several retailers who did not carry the specific model.

I've handled both, and as much as I like the Xikar, I think the Palio offers a better cut and somewhat better steel in the blades.

You will always get a differentiated strata with a Xikar. The Palio cuts clean and even.

Just my tuppence.

thegoldenmackid
03-09-2011, 02:03 AM
I have a Palío, a few Xikars and a Montecristo Signature Cutter.

The latter is the sharpest cut, but the Palío is what I'd recommend. All great cutters.

gibson_es
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
no, xikar does not have to trade on the spot, the B&M can refuse, making you return via mail. however, im my position, my B&M does trade, at least if you purchased from there, and none of the close my B&M's have palio's, expectially the camo palio (drool)

asmartbull
03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I have both of them
Both are great
I reach for the palio more often.....

I guess I prefer it...

bpegler
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I too have both (we're cigar nuts here!). Palio cuts a little cleaner, but the Xikar fits easily into my pocket. I use the Palio at home, Xikar for when I'm out and about.

Really both are wonderful tools.

gahdzila
03-16-2011, 08:20 PM
You will always get a differentiated strata with a Xikar. The Palio cuts clean and even.

Now that I've used both cutters extensively, I'm noticing this more. The Palio seems to give a cleaner cut. But, I feel that I have more control over the depth and exact angle of the cut with the Xikar due to the way it works (teardrop hand grip vs the two finger action of the Palio).

And I've just grown to love the spring loaded "pop" when you open the Xikar, and the "ka-chunk" when you close it.

So really my opinion hasn't changed. They're both fantastic. My personal preference is for the Xikar (at least for the moment), but I also own a Palio and it's great too.

APBTMarcel
03-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Palio, you will not be dissapointed.

bc8436
03-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I got my Palio about 2 weeks ago and have stopped using my Xikar since. It's the best cutter I've owned.

Sultanc
03-28-2011, 05:05 PM
I would go with the Palio but if you want a XiKar the only one that I think really works well are the multi-tool cutters they stay sharp for ever and you get a lot of control and power behind your cuts for a smoother cleaner cut.

Jesus Quintana
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow, great thread. On my phone at the minute (out having a coffee and Monte No.2) but will check out the Palio's when I get home.

I struggle with cutters that have finger/thumb holes as my hands are a little on the large size (I used to get some looks when I've had bowling balls drilled!). I could do with a 'grip' style cutter, and would prefer a cutter with a bit of weight to it.

The hunt continues.

CigarDoc
07-10-2011, 06:16 AM
I owned both the Palio (I've had it since 07) and the Xikar... I had a ton of problems with all the Xikar's that I owned. The wood on the handles came off, so I returned it to my local B&M, no exchange issues at all, but the wood came off again so I exchanged it again,and I got the lapis colored one as a backup while I was there. Both of them currently have the handle portions of them missing again, and the lapis one doesn't work at all, the spring inside the mechanism doesn't work anymore, and it only has maybe 50 cuts on it.
When I got my palio, I didn't think much of it, but after the first cut with it, I knew that it was the shiznit. I've had it for 4 years now and it still cuts razor straight, as good as the very first cut I ever made with it. That is what I pack when I'm not gonna be at home. I keep it in my Max Benjamin bag that my wife got me for an anniversary present.
That being said, if you are looking for a cutter to keep at the house, I totally recommend scissors (I have Davidoff's) I had a pair of cheap scissors someone gifted me while I was in Iraq the first time and they still work like a champ. I prefer cutting with my Davi's pretty much all the time now.

Doc

Tman
07-10-2011, 07:46 AM
I like the Xikar X8, but I didn't really care for the tear shaped ones. They just feel a little clumsy to me.

After learning how to use the Palio cutter properly, it seems to cut a little better. I still use my X8 as my go-to cutter though. Gets a very clean cut every time.

TonyBrooklyn
07-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I need a new cutter. I've not had the opportunity to handle either and will not have an opportunity before i purchase. I want solid, straight cut capability that should last for years. I like the idea of the Palio being American made. But, for those of you who have used both, which do you prefer? Which would you buy again?

Also, when Palio says "burlwood" or "carbon fiber", is this really the material of construction, or is it simply a finish on the cutter? Same question on the Xikar.

Thanks,

Palio is by far the better cutter IMHO! Both Palio and Xi-kar are guaranteed for life! But beware once you buy a Palio everything else seems useless! Nothing cuts cleaner quicker!

sengjc
07-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Palio is by far the better cutter IMHO! Both Palio and Xi-kar are guaranteed for life! But beware once you buy a Palio everything else seems useless! Nothing cuts cleaner quicker!

I have both the Xikar Xi1 and the Palio. My vote goes to the Palio by far.

I have a mate who recently got an Xi. I showed him the Palio, let him have some test snips and he is regretting now.

For a sharp and decisive cut, to date, I can say the Palio is the ultimate cutter, solid construction and tight tolerances, that is, no wiggly bits.

the_brain
07-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I have a Palio and a number of Xikars. The Palio gets my vote for cutting cigars, but the Xikars are better, and cooler, looking. Form vs. function....

68 Lotus
07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
My favorites! :wink:

fuente~fuente
07-10-2011, 11:11 AM
The design of the Palio, although maybe not as cool looking :wink:, is a much better design as far as functionality goes. You have less things that can break on the Palio... It also cuts better IMO, & lasts longer than a Xikar. You can also take the Palio apart to clean it.

Rosie
07-11-2011, 06:58 AM
My Palio ended up being a piece of crap. When I first got it I used it for two or three weeks and wasn't crazy about it's action so I put it away for a while. About a week ago I decided to give it another go. After a couple of cuts the action seemed to be much worse so I gave it a closer inspection. I found there were tiny burrs all along the cutting edge. This after maybe 30 cuts, absolute tops. I know they have a great warranty and I'll return it the next time I'm in a B&M. Still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I got ten years of exclusive use out of my first Nat Sherman Tsuge cutter, and my oldest Xikar is still going strong after four years. I ought to be able to get more than 30 cuts out of an expensive cutter like the Palio.

Cheers,

Rosie

rmoreno
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Personal choice and both cutters work well...check out the XIKAR X8 Cutter!

aroma
07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
The design of the Palio, although maybe not as cool looking :wink:, is a much better design as far as functionality goes. You have less things that can break on the Palio... It also cuts better IMO, & lasts longer than a Xikar. You can also take the Palio apart to clean it.

As far as I know, the reliability issues with Xikars are mainly with the teardrop-shaped versions, which have more moving parts. I have the Ultra Slim, and its design is very simple and its all-metal-and-rivets construction feels pretty bomb-proof:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/07/15/p_3306338_0.jpg

The ZX Ultra appears to be of similar construction, although I haven't seen one up close:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/07/15/p_3306338_1.jpg

fuente~fuente
07-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Personal choice and both cutters work well...check out the XIKAR X8 Cutter!

This cutter, for the $$$, is money!!! :nod:

I lost my first, so I bought a second lol.

fuente~fuente
07-17-2011, 11:19 AM
As far as I know, the reliability issues with Xikars are mainly with the teardrop-shaped versions, which have more moving parts. I have the Ultra Slim, and its design is very simple and its all-metal-and-rivets construction feels pretty bomb-proof:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/07/17/p_3307977_0.jpg

The ZX Ultra appears to be of similar construction, although I haven't seen one up close:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/07/17/p_3307977_1.jpg

I agree 100%... I personally believe the these two, & the even X8 mentioned above, all make a better cut than the teardrop Xi series.

Im sure everyone notices the Palio'esque function of their blades... To me, this design justs works better than the dual sliding blades of a double guillotine.

TonyBrooklyn
07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Xi -Kars where great when the blades were made in Germany! The new blades are made in China!
:pu:pu:pu:pu:pu

Palio ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zogg
07-20-2011, 07:25 AM
I like the Xikar X8, but I didn't really care for the tear shaped ones. They just feel a little clumsy to me.

After learning how to use the Palio cutter properly, it seems to cut a little better. I still use my X8 as my go-to cutter though. Gets a very clean cut every time.

i have noticed it seems a little awkward, and im planning on snagging a palio next time i see one pretty cheap (my local B&M occationally puts them on sale for like $20 for a day, so if i can snag em when they do that i'm all over one)

dragonhead08
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed by my Palio. I got an Xi and a Palio recently. The Palio I bought on a whim because it was a great price. I got the Xikar first and it cuts really good. When i read about the Palio here I was real excited about using it. I have a small issue with it. It cuts ok but doesn't seem to slice through as easily as my Xikar. I have to use a lot more pressure with the Palio.

bcannon87
07-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Personally I love my xikar xi1!! Cuts Great Everytime!!

lebz
07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I actually been deciding on either the Xikar or the Palio

I think whatever I see cheaper first I will go for when the time is up for my cheap cutter.. they both get great reviews

Twin Towers
07-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Great thread and since the choices were so close I ended up bidding on a Xikar Xi2 for $17. Its my 3rd Xikar because I keep losing them.

nimaimeshinchan
07-26-2011, 02:43 AM
:evil: I say, buy both!(I own two Xikar cutters and one Palio cutter)'cause they are both great! Besides unless you use both, it is almost impossible to say which you will like better though I do think Pallio seems to cut little better than Xikar like a few peoples said here.:gossip:

NAV3
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I've owned both, but currently own two Xikars. They're both great cutters, no one better than the other. Comes down to personal preference IMO.

JMcC
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
I own one of each and love them both. I must say, if I had to choose I would lean more towards my Xikar but its really a matter of preference. Both are rock solid.

Tman
08-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm actually a little disappointed by my Palio. I got an Xi and a Palio recently. The Palio I bought on a whim because it was a great price. I got the Xikar first and it cuts really good. When i read about the Palio here I was real excited about using it. I have a small issue with it. It cuts ok but doesn't seem to slice through as easily as my Xikar. I have to use a lot more pressure with the Palio.

I had the same experience before I talked to a close BOTL in my area. He talked to a rep from Palio and then he taught me how to use the Palio cutter properly.

You have to use your middle finger through the hole and your index finger rest against the notch while your thumb goes into the other hole. You are only supposed to snip the very tip of the cigar. Open the cutter just enough to slightly and expose the tip of your cigar head. Press your cigar gently against the blades and squeeze. Perfect cut once you get the hang of it! :-P

yourtwiztidph8
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I just purchased the Xikar matt booth nio cutter and love the artwork and the cut!

TonyBrooklyn
08-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Palio Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wallbright
09-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I have a Palio and my smoking buddy has a Xikar. I think that I received a dull Palio as it tends to pull a bit on the cut. I am up at school and there are no dealers around so I just have to live with it until I can venture to somewhere that can hopefully exchange it (or tell me I am stupid and it is working correctly haha). That being said, I tend to borrow my buddies Xikar when I cut my cigars. I love my Xikar 009 punch too but this thread seems to be more about the cutter style. In the end though it sounds like it comes down to personal preference as both will cut your cigar and have lifetime warranties.

Rosie
09-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I have a Palio and my smoking buddy has a Xikar. I think that I received a dull Palio as it tends to pull a bit on the cut. I am up at school and there are no dealers around so I just have to live with it until I can venture to somewhere that can hopefully exchange it (or tell me I am stupid and it is working correctly haha). That being said, I tend to borrow my buddies Xikar when I cut my cigars. I love my Xikar 009 punch too but this thread seems to be more about the cutter style. In the end though it sounds like it comes down to personal preference as both will cut your cigar and have lifetime warranties.

William, if you go to the Palio website and send them an email, they will send you an address where you can mail your cutter back to them. That's what I did, and I had a replacement in 3 business days.

Cheers,

Rosie

rmoreno
09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Cutters, lighters, cigars, scotch, women and beer are personal choices. In my opinion, comparing cutters or companies is not fair to either brand or product. Why? because its a personal preference and a lot of factors determine the product of choice...such as price, location, gift, value, color, style, design, model, function, feel, discount, etc. etc. Before I started with XIKAR, I owned an Xi3. What got me hooked was the 100% lifetime warranty. Enough said. Let's enjoy a cigar!

Wallbright
09-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks Rosie. I looked up on the site for the nearest retailer and there is one 45 minutes away in a town I go to about once a month. I will be able to just exchange it there. Thanks for referring me to the website.

William, if you go to the Palio website and send them an email, they will send you an address where you can mail your cutter back to them. That's what I did, and I had a replacement in 3 business days.

Cheers,

Rosie

Rosie
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Rosie. I looked up on the site for the nearest retailer and there is one 45 minutes away in a town I go to about once a month. I will be able to just exchange it there. Thanks for referring me to the website.

You might want to call ahead before you go. When I tried to bring mine back to my closest dealer, the employee at the shop said that he was unaware of the warranty and asked if I could come back later after he'd spoken to the owner. I sent an email to Palio instead. The president and CEO called me within a half hour. I made arrangements to ship it directly to them and he promised to speak to the retailer. That shop sucks anyway. He was selling the Palio cutters for $65.99. And no, I didn't buy it there. I'm thinking I won't be buying from there in the future either.

Cheers,

Rosie

Wallbright
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Ah, well I will give them a call this week then. Thanks!

Pale Horse
12-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Xi -Kars where great when the blades were made in Germany! The new blades are made in China!
:pu:pu:pu:pu:pu

Palio ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems to be a pretty overlooked factor in this thread. It's something I consider quite a bit before making a purchase. I just picked up 2 Palios for a song on cbid since I misplaced my Cuban Crafter's cutter earlier this week. I was very happy with my CC cutter's function, and had a great experience with their customer service. A brother here on Puff that I know received less than satisfying help from their customer service so I chose to support a company that has a squeaky clean CS reputation rather than one that was hit-or-miss.

sengjc
12-19-2011, 08:32 AM
...I just picked up 2 Palios for a song on cbid...

Why would you need 2 Palios? They last almost forever... :lol:

Pale Horse
12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Why would you need 2 Palios? They last almost forever... :lol:

I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a backup. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for mail to get here so I wanted a spare

StogieNinja
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a backup...

...for times like when you leave yours on the floor at the local lounge and can't find it! :boohoo:

RyzFenix
12-22-2011, 01:38 PM
No Palio use yet but my B&M has all the cutters out for use at the register. Think I'll try to give them a crack soon. It took a little while to get used to the feel but I am very happy with my X1. Great Cuts!

blondie
04-17-2013, 02:21 AM
I know this is "necro-threading" but why would you EVER pick a product made outside the USA if the difference is so negligible? Palio's are made in TEXAS, I live in TX, I buy and gift Palio cutters exclusively.

Jasonx250z
04-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Not liking my my xi2 ehen u go in to snip the tip it's hard doesn't always stay in place I like yes but imm give one of these a try se if Palio cuter give a better cut

Blazedup
04-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I know this is "necro-threading" but why would you EVER pick a product made outside the USA if the difference is so negligible? Palio's are made in TEXAS, I live in TX, I buy and gift Palio cutters exclusively.

This, but I don't live in Texas.

mando3
04-26-2013, 11:48 PM
I tried to love Palio but I find that it bites the cigar instead of cutting it like the xikar does, I exchanged the Palio and still the same thing happened. I gave up on it and carried on using my xikar.

Jasonx250z
04-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Well I find every body's got there ow preference personally they both work to my satisfaction and switch up daily between the 3 diffrent cutter I have