Jetlite: There had to be one! [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Jetlite: There had to be one!

Herf N Turf
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
"If it can happen, it will happen... to YOU!" - Uncle Murphy

This will likely be the only negative review of a Ronson Jetlite lighter you will ever read.

I bought this one about 4mos ago, a satin silver model. From day one, it never once lit on the first strike, but would rather predictably light on the second, sometimes third.

Three days ago, it pooped the bed. The actuator for the ignition stopped going "click", so all you hear is gas escaping. No mo sparky. It's now a one way butane storage device.

Not only did I manage to get the only lemon Ronson has ever created, but I also control the sun. All I have to do on a cloudy day is forget my sunglasses and the clouds part and the local star shineth forth! :noidea:

BlackandGold508
03-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Note to self: If i am ever having a cigar with Don, i hope he forgets his sunglasses. Sorry about the Ronson, one out of how many !?!?! aint to shabby !

GregSS
03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Must have been user error

COYOTE JLR
03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
lol. Out of the dozen that I've owned, I've had a couple that didn't work. Had one igniter go out, and had another one that no matter what I did, it would light and then peter out.

The ones that work are great though. :D

chasingstanley
03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey Don, try the lottery :) LOL

Herf N Turf
03-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey Don, try the lottery :) LOLHaha! Now you know the reason I never have!

Tritones
03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
It's just plume. :biggrin:

Strickland
03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Don, try the lottery :) LOL

He'll get the only scratch-off with no numbers underneath!

Snagged
03-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I had one that wouldn't light after a refill. Purged it completely and tried again...nada. I still have it in the drawer of my bar, though. For some reason, I can't bring myself to pitch it!

The one I have now occasionally won't "click" when I strike it. A quick rap on a hard surface, and whatever sticks pops loose and I'm back in business. I've used it so long that the copper is showing where the finish is starting to wear off.

Even if you get a bum one every once in a while, I still say there's no better deal in torch lighters.

Habanolover
03-24-2011, 09:57 AM
I've used it so long that the copper is showing where the finish is starting to wear off.

You mean like this? :mrgreen:

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/03/24/p_3170962_0.jpg

Even after all these years it still lights on the first click every time.

Snagged
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Yep...I'm getting there.

Habanolover
03-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Yep...I'm getting there.

LOL If you look at mine you will notice that the copper is actually just a finish too. The metal underneath it appears to be silver in color. :mrgreen:

The lighter in the pic is so old that the spring on the lid no longer works and the lid just flops back and forth. I still use it to light every cigar I smoke! :tu