Cigar lounge in Ann Arbor? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Cigar lounge in Ann Arbor?

CaptainBlenderman
04-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Alright you Michiganders...I'm headed to Ann Arbor with a friend of mine this weekend to partake in some fine brews at Ashley's (my favorite spot in AA) and hopefully torch a couple of innocent sticks. There is a small tobacco shop around the corner from Ashley's that has a slim, expensive selection but I was hoping there was a better place to go in Ann Arbor that had more of a lounge. Everything is expensive in Ann Arbor so I expect I'm not going to find anything reasonable by way of prices, but I was hoping at least for a good lounge that was not a members-only thing. Anyone know of any?

CaptainBlenderman
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I found Smoky's and they appear to have a lounge, but I can't tell if it is a private one. Anyone know anything about this?

Stubby
04-14-2011, 10:43 PM
There is a La Casa de la Habana on Jackson Road right near all the car dealerships. They have both public and private lounges.

CaptainBlenderman
04-14-2011, 11:47 PM
There is a La Casa de la Habana on Jackson Road right near all the car dealerships. They have both public and private lounges.

How are their prices?

western_seraph
08-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Smokey's as far I know is not a private lounge. Their prices seemed to be ok not that great but not super blown out. I mainly go for my pipes because their tobacco is good and they have some nice Nordings sometimes.

There is a place right next to Ashley's in Nicholas Arcade called Maison Edwards Tobacconist. I don't know if they have a "lounge" in there but you can smoke in there and it is super close to where you are going anyways.

Good Luck!

Delsana
09-03-2011, 01:27 AM
The problem I've found with La Casa or at least the one in Detroit, is that they have really loud music and a band usually playing in a very crowded place where you're forced to stand unable to hear anyone unless you yell and while that might be tolerable if unejoyable, it is also extremely packed together... not sure if the Ann Arbor does the same.

max gas
09-05-2011, 10:45 PM
The problem I've found with La Casa or at least the one in Detroit, is that they have really loud music and a band usually playing in a very crowded place where you're forced to stand unable to hear anyone unless you yell and while that might be tolerable if unejoyable, it is also extremely packed together... not sure if the Ann Arbor does the same.

Ann Arbor location is totally different that Detroit. I was at the Ann Arbor location about a month ago, it's a lot smaller and it was reallly quiet. it was also a sunday afternoon that i was there. There prices were about normal for a B&M.

Delsana
09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Ann Arbor location is totally different that Detroit. I was at the Ann Arbor location about a month ago, it's a lot smaller and it was reallly quiet. it was also a sunday afternoon that i was there. There prices were about normal for a B&M.

I've never been to Ann Arbor, I'm down in Oakland County.

max gas
09-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I've never been to Ann Arbor, I'm down in Oakland County.

Where in Oakland county Brian?

I'm in oakland county also and Ann Arbor is only 15-20 minutes from my house.

Delsana
09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Near Auburn Hills, pretty much 30 mins from Rochester and Troy.

I'm pretty close to Lake Orion as well.

I know I'm over an hour from Lansing.

max gas
09-07-2011, 10:41 PM
That is a hike to Ann arbor. Definitely quicker to get to the downtown location for you. At least CFO in Troy and sterling heights are somewhat close to you.

Delsana
09-07-2011, 11:30 PM
That is a hike to Ann arbor. Definitely quicker to get to the downtown location for you. At least CFO in Troy and sterling heights are somewhat close to you.

Yeah the Troy one is okay but they don't have some of the stuff I try to look for while the Sterling Height one have some of the Illusione and what not but unfortunately it is a good hike.