Heartfelt Bead Case Review (With Pics!) [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Heartfelt Bead Case Review (With Pics!)

Nology
06-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Apparently the link didn't work in my previous post so it was deleted. Anyways here she is again...

[/URL]

After all the amazing things I've been hearing about Heartfelt Beads (http://www.theshaggyfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hf1.jpg) I had to order some for myself. My order came in the other day and included their new humidity bead case. My humidor is only a 150 ct. so the small case was enough for me. 2 ounces of heartfelt beads are included with the small case which is enough for 1080 cubic inches. It measures in at 6.5" x 2.5" x .5" which fits the very common 6.75" x 2.5" space on my humidor. Included are 2 sets of magnets for mounting (No Velcro!!). After mounting the magnetic strips its recommended you let them sit for 24 hours before use. Trust me I've learned this the hard way with many different applications.

(http://www.theshaggyfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hf2.jpg)

The new case comes with a fine tip plastic syringe. This works great for wetting the beads but the water can come out pretty fast if you're not careful. You want to get around 70% of the beads wet. They will turn from white to clear. Its tough to see through the mesh so Heartfelt added a clear window on the rear of the case. These beads actually regulate the humidity inside your humidor. The wet beads will give off water vapor while the dry beads absorb keeping your humidor at a consistent RH. If you don't leave some of the beads dry the humidity could reach undesirable levels.
(http://www.theshaggyfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hf4.jpg)

[URL="http://www.theshaggyfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hf7.jpg"] (http://www.theshaggyfoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hf6.jpg)

After a few days All of my humidors have been within 2% of the 65% stated on the beads. With the changing NY climate these beads are going to be a life saver. If you have any issues with humidity then Heartfelt beads are definitely the way to go. I couldn't be happier with these and will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

AmCo
07-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I know this sounds silly but do these beads last forever as long as I refill it with distilled water?

Smoked Bacon
07-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the review. I have always been curious about those.

Fuzzy
07-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Great review Nology! I too, bought some heartfelt beads. I broke open the black humidifier as seen in your first picture and the round one in the travel 'dor, removed the green crap and replace with beads and now my small travel and my medium 'dor both are stable.

Nology
07-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Great review Nology! I too, bought some heartfelt beads. I broke open the black humidifier as seen in your first picture and the round one in the travel 'dor, removed the green crap and replace with beads and now my small travel and my medium 'dor both are stable.

Nice! I never even thought of filling another humidifier with the beads.

Nology
07-18-2011, 07:26 AM
I know this sounds silly but do these beads last forever as long as I refill it with distilled water?

They will last a long time but not forever.

the_brain
07-18-2011, 09:09 AM
They will last a long time but not forever.

But it should be greater then 5 years so still a good investment. I have this case too and it is great how it fits into the stock placement in my humidor.

Fuzzy
07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Got a travel 'dor last week and seasoned it for 5 days. It jumped all over the place for rh. I tore open the humidifier that came with it and replaced the green crap with dry right out of the package heartfelt beads and it stabalized within two days.

I have done this with all my small tupperdors, too, as stated in an earlier post.

http://imagestore.puff.com/2011/07/18/p_3308891_0.jpg

lebz
07-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Great pics!

I got the large round 65% one. Works well (im in TO) but I am noticing the beads seem to be breaking a part a bit and finding small peices at the bottom of my Humi. As well it started to block the plastic grates.. I am guessing from pouring water directly on them (I spread out small cap fulls over the grate)

....As I wrote this I checked the site:

"There are a number of ways to do this. You can just pour distilled water on the beads. A lot of folks do it this way but the beads can fracture when it is done this way. One thing to remember, fracturing will not affect the efficiency of the beads or ruin them in any way, they will still do their job. A good rule of thumb is 25ml of distilled water per pound."

I think I might start using a spray bottle on these as the pour method is causing them to break up a bit

But they work great! I has having issues with the Sponge I got.. and switched to the beads and have success with keeping the Humi Stable. I think I may pick up the one you have below eventually. Looks solid

veteranvmb
07-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I use a spray bottle for my beads. The ones I have from a year and a half ago, are working fine.

J

Smedium
08-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Just be careful when handling the tubes. I found out the hard way how easily the caps can come off. One night right before bed, I picked mine up as I was moving things around in the humidor and the cap came right off spilling about 1/3 of the beads in the box and on the floor. Luckily I was able to recover most of them, and it still works just fine. I have to say I was pretty annoyed at the time though, especially considering that I paid a good premium for the convenience of having the tube, but no real harm done, and lesson learned. Just make sure you always hold them from the center.

Hellfish
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know if have any problem with they in contact with the cigars? Cus mine are broking too and the pieces sometimes fall in the bottom of my humi...

Great pics!

I got the large round 65% one. Works well (im in TO) but I am noticing the beads seem to be breaking a part a bit and finding small peices at the bottom of my Humi. As well it started to block the plastic grates.. I am guessing from pouring water directly on them (I spread out small cap fulls over the grate)

....As I wrote this I checked the site:

"There are a number of ways to do this. You can just pour distilled water on the beads. A lot of folks do it this way but the beads can fracture when it is done this way. One thing to remember, fracturing will not affect the efficiency of the beads or ruin them in any way, they will still do their job. A good rule of thumb is 25ml of distilled water per pound."

I think I might start using a spray bottle on these as the pour method is causing them to break up a bit

But they work great! I has having issues with the Sponge I got.. and switched to the beads and have success with keeping the Humi Stable. I think I may pick up the one you have below eventually. Looks solid

SystemError
04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice write up.

Gio
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I agree, very nice write up!

I am also a HF bead user, this beads work with very little maintenance.