Anyone want Cigars? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Anyone want Cigars?

drb124
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I am fairly new here, and I have gotten so much information and help form everyone here. I just wanted to say thanks. I want to reward those that post frequently and help other BOTL, so anyone with 1000 posts or more, the first 2 will get bombs from me. Just post in this thread. I can't say they will be the best cigars, but they will be ones I like. It may be next week or so before i get these out though because I have my first exam on Monday and will be living in the library starting tomorrow.

Scott W.
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Very generous Rivers, good luck on your exams.

E Dogg
12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
yeah, good luck. Hopefully I was able to contribute to you new found knowledge here :D

drb124
12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Ok, Scott and Eric are in. If you wouldn't mind, please pm me your addresses. If you do it tonight, i can put these in the mail tomorrow because I have to go to the post office anyway... Thanks for the kind words.

Scott W.
12-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Rivers, as much as I appreciate the cigars, please send my sticks to Smelvis so he can send them to the troops. Again, thanks and good luck!!!

Maximon
12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
So I'm thinking that most people with 1k+ posts probably have pretty significant collections already. Maybe share with noobs?

This is not me asking for cigars, believe me, I've been around cigars for a long time, I'm just new to this place. There are, however, guys who might benefit from your generosity that are just starting out. Also, troop donations are a great idea. Myself, I "tithe" my cigars. No less than 10% of what I buy goes overseas. It's a good feeling and a way to show appreciation to those who haven't come back to the world yet.

drb124
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Will do. One of my buddies in my law class was a fighter pilot in iraq and afghanistan before coming here, so I'm always happy to support the troops. That's very generous of you as well.

Scott W.
12-02-2011, 12:32 AM
:tu

Maximon
12-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Hey, give them to noobs too! I'm honest-to-God not trying to be one of those "'M'rica! Love it or leave it!" people. They annoy the holy he'll out of me and I'm a former soldier! I'm just trying to point out that there are guys who would really, really be grateful for your obvious generosity. If you need the names and addresses of some troops I can provide that, as well as a cigar friendly representative of Operation From the Heart.

Scott W.
12-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Thank you Matthew but I requested they be sent to the troops. What has a noob(not saying there are no noobs here who served) done that could overshadow the sacrifices that our soldiers are currently making? Being a former soldier as you claim, I am shocked at your post. Let's not ruin this thread my friend. These are being sent to "Operation of the Smelvis".

Maximon
12-02-2011, 01:03 AM
As I claim? Wow.

Anytime you'd like to come to my house and see a copy of my DD-214, my honorable discharge, and/or my VA letter of disability you let me know and I'll give you my address. He'll, maybe youd like to see my commendations too. I wasnt addressing you or your recommendations, and I'm trying really, really hard to keep that in mind as I frame this response because I'm sure you only have the best intentions. I was giving my own opinion to a guy who is looking to share completely independent of your recommendations.

So I, going to sit here in chronic pain, pain which I will feel every single day for the rest of my life and you're going to presume to tell me about sacrifice and question my integrity and tell me that I "claim" to be a soldier.

I'm at a literal loss for words if I'm going to keep myself from saying the first two that come to mind. Where did you serve?

Scott W.
12-02-2011, 01:08 AM
I didn't which was why I am shocked that a soldier would say "hey, send them to the noobs" as opposed to "yeah send them to the troops"? No one is questioning your service or sacrifices, why would you suggest me asking to have these shared with anyone else but the troops as I asked for? Maybe take this to PM brother if you have something to say. What was your recommendation, please clarify and if I misunderstood you will get a full heartfelt and public apology from me.

your quote:
Hey, give them to noobs too! I'm honest-to-God not trying to be one of those "'M'rica! Love it or leave it!" people. They annoy the holy he'll out of me and I'm a former soldier! I'm just trying to point out that there are guys who would really,really be grateful for your obvious generosity

Who but the troops would you rather these go to?

Maximon
12-02-2011, 01:27 AM
This is a placeholder. Although I think I see the source of the disconnect here, I'm not going to answer it right now because I'm tired and I've had a few beers and I'm really upset. Therefore, I will come back in the morning when I'm in front of a real computer and not on an iPad and I'll break it down.

Edit: As requested (below) PMed.

Scott W.
12-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Via PM please, this is not my thread or your thread. This is the OP's thread and a generous offer. If in fact I am out of bounds here, I will be happy to apologize, I don't think the beers helped this conversation so I agree to pick this up tomorrow. Thank you for your service Matthew, troops are VIP's around here.

dj1340
12-02-2011, 09:41 AM
nicely done Rivers!!