B&M in the Ann Arbor area? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: B&M in the Ann Arbor area?

Dark Rose
08-08-2012, 03:03 AM
I've got a friend coming down this weekend from the Ann Arbor area, and she said she"d be willing to check out the B&Ms up there if there was anything I needed, since I don't have a true B&M in my town...

Are there any B&Ms in Ann Arbor that carry Heartfelt Beads, cedar trays, and digital hygrometers? Those are what I need most right now, and would love to avoid paying shipping, and have them sooner, lol.

I found a few B&Ms up there via Google, but they don't have websites...

Any help?

loulax07
08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Pretty sure HF beads are only sold online.
However, when I was in A2 last fall I did see a smoke shop on Packard, just west of east stadium blvd.
I just searched and found it http://www.smokyscigars.com/locations/annarbor.php

Dark Rose
08-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Pretty sure HF beads are only sold online.
However, when I was in A2 last fall I did see a smoke shop on Packard, just west of east stadium blvd.
I just searched and found it Untitled Document (http://www.smokyscigars.com/locations/annarbor.php)

I saw that website but wouldn't open correctly on my phone, at home now and it still doesn't really show anything, but I'll pass it along. I assume she'll know where it is, having worked and went to school there for 4 years at Concordia...

There was also a Maison Edwards Tobacconist that looked promising...

I also realized HF beads were only available online... As I've decided to freeze everything, especially with transit time and temps here lately, the need isn't as pressing as it was... lol.

Maybe she can find my hygrometer and cedar trays...

max gas
08-08-2012, 09:23 AM
All the places in the area that I know of are more of a cigar lounge type establishment. I've never noticed trays, beads or hygrometers in any of them. Lou is right about smoky's and there is also a place called La Casa De la Habana(I'd post a link, but I'm on my phone.) Been here a couple times and ive only noticed lighters, cutters and pipe tools.

Cmdio
08-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I went to Umich from 03-07 and got familiar with Smokys and Maison Edwards. Maison Edwards is a great little historic place, but it's really small. I don't remember then having beads or cedar trays, they may have digital hygrometers though. Give them a call, the guy who currently owns it worked there while he was in college in Ann Arbor and then bought the store from the original owner. Great little place right by campus, stop in if you're even in town. Not a huge selection, but as I recall everything they had was good stuff, as they couldn't afford to waste facings on dog rockets or stuff that didn't sell.

The Smoky's on Packard might be a better bet for the stuff you're looking for. They opened during my Senior year and I liked to support Maison Edwards, so I didn't go there much. Give them a call, they might have what you're looking for.

The Casa de Habana place or whatever it is opened after I graduated and I havent been there since. Can't tell you anything about it.

Dark Rose
08-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Well she's going to attempt to find Smoky's tomorrow before she goes to work, because she'll be heading this way at like 5 or 6am Friday morning...

Thanks for the help all! I've only been to Ann Arbor to visit her once, years ago, so I've got no clue.

Draepheus
08-11-2012, 03:17 PM
La Casa is generally a quality cigar lounge type, I think one of their stores is for members only entirely, not sure if that's the Ann Arbor or the Plymouth one though.