Great to see puff doing great! [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Great to see puff doing great!

Bobajob
08-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi all,
having taken a decent hiatus from puff I returned today. Glad to see that the 'reshuffle' at the beginning of this year has returned puff to a great forum once more. I've been really enjoying browsing new threads from new members talking about, heaven forbid, CIGARS! Wonderful! Keep up the great work everyone, I shall begin to frequent this great site once more I should reckon.

Nothing quite like browsing the threads with a talisker dark storm and a fausto!

Cheers!

TonyBrooklyn
08-07-2013, 05:49 PM
The best forum bar none enjoy!

dgold21
08-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I just came back last month after a 5 year hiatus...what kinda drama did I miss??

Mante
08-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Well said Bob & welcome back. :thumb:

aaronking63
08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
I just joined and so I am a little interested in hearing what all this "drama" was about as well. What was the reshuffle all about?

Mante
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Nothing but the usual crap with some thinking they are more important than the community as a whole. Better to enjoy the forum in it's greatness than rehash past drama methinks. :nod:

dj1340
08-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Nothing but the usual crap with some thinking they are more important than the community as a whole. Better to enjoy the forum in it's greatness than rehash past drama methinks. :nod:
What Warren said, what went on in the past is just that. Enjoy what we have and continue to make it better.

JustinThyme
08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree, leave a sleeping dog alone.
I wasnt around for any of it but have been a member and even moderated on several forums that met their demise over drama queen antics.

Good people dont want to hang out and converse with crap like that going on, myself included.
Cyber power struggles are for the weak at heart.

Wicked_Rhube
08-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Plus there is a "no drama" policy so....

aaronking63
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Well said. Smoke on.

copper0426
08-07-2013, 09:46 PM
It's all good. Talking about what no longer happens would be counter productive onward and upward.There is plenty of good going on right now.

Bruck
08-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome back, Bob.
I haven't noticed any much drama or reshuffling so it must have preceded my joining.

StogieNinja
08-08-2013, 01:11 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree with the way those who cant defend themselves are being portrayed. Good folks are gone, and with them went many of the things that made this place great.

teedles915
08-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Each person is certainly entitled to their own opinion. I do personally enjoy puff just the way it is. There are people that are no longer members here that I miss dearly, there are those who were counterproductive to the good of the forum and we are a better place without them.

The best part is that the internet is big and people get LOTS of choices of where to spend their time. I personally choose to spend mine here as I like the community, members, and the (for the most part) drama free environment. It fits my lifestyle and personality well. I do understand that for others this may not be true, and they may enjoy something totally different.

As stated above those who are no longer with us can not defend themselves, so there will be NO discussion of what, who, or why they are no longer with us as this wouldn't be very fair. Keep this thread clean, civil, and appropriate.

Herf N Turf
08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with the consensus here and I join those who wish to not revisit that which is so far behind us.

Please know and trust that your moderator team has fought tooth and nail to make Puff a community of the members and for the members. If there is one thing we do, which I value above all else, it is that we share an unwavering commitment to listen to you. Every single word in our forum rules is the result of what you have asked of us. There is not a single reported post, which goes unaddressed and is pounced upon within minutes of being reported.

We do not make policy, but rather we answer the call. Without the investment of you good members, your tremendous spirit of brotherhood and friendship, we would be just another internet backwater. Without you taking ownership and exercising stewardship as a true citizen of Puff, we could not do the job with which we are charged.

For my part, I am honored and humbled by the privilege to serve this group.

Mante
08-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Puff is good, we are on a CIGAR forum so life cannot be that bad. ;)

Tobias Lutz
08-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Aside from a brief stay on a running forum I have never been a social media/internet community kind of guy. No facebook, myspace, tweeting, etc. I ended up here after numerous Google searches resulted in threads when I was building my pipe tobacco cellar. I lurked for just a week or so before joining. While I have never been active on other boards, I have gone to plenty while seeking answers to questions and I can say without a doubt that the dichotomy on Puff is the best I have ever seen. For example, I thoroughly appreciate the lack of “cliquishness” I find here. I don’t envision joining any more forums, nor do I think I’ll ever leave this one. The moderator team is second to none IMO.

Favvers
08-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I second this. I'm very new here and in a different country to most of you, but still find this community quite exceptional compared to other online groups. I don't normally join forums, but this one seemed different and everything I've experienced so far has only confirmed this.

Puff is good, we are on a CIGAR forum so life cannot be that bad. ;)

Spot on!

Dave.73
08-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Its great to see the positive comments about Puff and its awesome members and the great community we have built. As many of the members and mods have mentioned this place is great because of the members and the way we all interact. Any drama that may have happened is in the past and most of us have moved on to continue focusing and discussing cigars and pipes....that's why we are here after all right?

As I have stated in the past EVERYONE is welcome here and we truly appreciate the great membership that makes Puff such a tight community.

With that being said I am going to close this up so we can stop talking about VERY old drama and get back to cigars.

EDIT: I am going to leave this open for now as its clear that 99.9999999% of the people who made posts are in agreement. Let's move past this drama once and for all and continue our discussions of cigars/pipes and the hobby we all love.

Scott W.
08-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Its great to see the positive comments about Puff and its awesome members and the great community we have built. As many of the members and mods have mentioned this place is great because of the members and the way we all interact. Any drama that may have happened is in the past and most of us have moved on to continue focusing and discussing cigars and pipes....that's why we are here after all right?

As I have stated in the past EVERYONE is welcome here and we truly appreciate the great membership that makes Puff such a tight community.

With that being said I am going to close this up so we can stop talking about VERY old drama and get back to cigars.

EDIT: I am going to leave this open for now as its clear that 99.9999999% of the people who made posts are in agreement. Let's move past this drama once and for all and continue our discussions of cigars/pipes and the hobby we all love.

Yes, let's please do this!

Herf N Turf
08-09-2013, 08:39 AM
And, that's just the thing. As long as I've been around Puff I've remarked at how forward thinking we are. We seem to stay focused on the next great cigar we're going to try, breaking in that new pipe the best way, developing a more sophisticated pallet, or upgrading a humidor. We think in terms of "Pay it Forward" and how deserving this guy is for a bomb.

There's always been a certain "youthful exhuberance" to Puff and a refreshing generosity of spirit.

Mante
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Puff.com encapsulated. We seem to stay focused on the next great cigar we're going to try, breaking in that new pipe the best way, developing a more sophisticated pallet, or upgrading a humidor. We think in terms of "Pay it Forward" :thumb:

Bobajob
08-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Sorry for dragging anything up, if it wasn't clear that wasn't my intention. My intention, I'll state again, was just to say: puff is awesome fun, and a big thanks to the mods for making it so.
As we may lose some friends along the way, may we take advantage of the wonderful opportunity to make some great new ones! Who could disagree with that?

Herf on!