GH Rum Flake [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: GH Rum Flake

Nachman
12-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Rum Flake is a medium brown flake with some lighter brown streaks composed of African Virginias and Burley with a light topping of sweet rum. The strength is medium to strong, full body and a tolerable room note. The topping is lighter than you might think from it's name, just a touch of rum and something slightly sweet, possibly maple sugar but it is by no means an aromatic. My tin came at about the right moisture level and smoked to the heel with a couple of relights. No bite, but just a little harshness from the burley. It is a decent tobacco, but not one I will seek out. I might buy another tin if I am looking for something to reach the free shipping level. Three stars out of four.

freestoke
12-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Medium to strong. Sounds like the standard GH strength bracket, ie, close to ideal. :smile: I might have had some of this a while back, as part of a trade, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the review, Nick!

TAB
12-05-2013, 06:40 PM
This is a great middle of the road blend. Not too sweet not too strong, just right. If I don't know what to smoke I'll reach for some rum flake. I also like it around the holidays since they call if the christmascake of tobaccos.

JimInks
12-18-2013, 05:45 PM
A good review. One that I completely agree with.