Stinky Jr. Ashtray [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Stinky Jr. Ashtray

huskers
12-26-2013, 05:13 PM
http://imagestore.puff.com/2013/12/26/p_3941324_0.jpg

This is the Stinky Jr. Ashtray. I can't exactly remember what I had paid for my first one.

They list out at $25.00 or there abouts if you buy directly. It's been a while since I got it so I'm not %100 percent sure what I paid for it or where I got it though I seem to remember getting it directly from the Stinky website for somewhere around $12.00 or less.

I was able to SNAG another one on C-bid for a whole whopping $3.00.

This ashtray is a bit smaller than the typical cereal bowl. I'd say its about the size of a large grapefruit peel cut in half.

It's just perfect for the single smoker. I VERY rarely have anyone to smoke with so it's just perfect for me.

It's all aluminum I do believe but it really doesn't need to be built out of anything more expensive.

I do have worries about the cigar holder being busted off if it's dropped but it could easily be reattached with some JB weld.

The only gripe I had about it was that because of it's size, it's a bit unstable if you put a large cigar on the little holder plate. I think if you bumped it with a cigar on it, you would have a mess. Kind of like the pan in the kitchen that is so small, that the handle makes it tip if there isn't anything in it.

I was able to fix the problem by adding two 7/8" washers on underneath the bottom and then applied some JB weld putty over the top to hold them (Just needs more weight on the bottom). With that little modification, the ashtray is VERY sturdy and I really enjoy it. I can now put any size cigar on it and have no worries about it tipping even when outside in the wind.

I'd say their list price of $25.00 is pretty damned high for what you get and what you will be using it for. My $3.00 snag on C-Bid was a ridiculously low price.

I'd be willing to pay somewhere in the $10- $15 range for this little guy.

All in all.............I'm happy with it and have no NEED to buy any more ashtrays.

Fuzzy
12-27-2013, 07:35 AM
At three bucks a pop, add a few fender washers and a tube of JB, you should have got a half dozen of them just in case you decided to have a herf! Too, do not know a single cigar smoker who would not like to be gifted a personal ash receptacle!

Fat Cobra
03-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Josh I have that exact same stinky and love it. Personally I have never had a problem with it tipping over with any size gar.

JKlavins
03-05-2014, 03:10 AM
I use the same one every day while working in the office, and I've also never had a problem with it tipping. Maybe the wind is a factor if you're smoking outside. I'm actually smoking a lancero and tried to tip it, and the cigar tipped out before the ashtray. I could see it tipping with an A or a Salomon though.

Cigar-Enthusiast
03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Great purchase. Might have to try and snag one of Cbid as well.

defetis
03-05-2014, 11:46 AM
this stinky is $9 on the monster right now

SeanTheEvans
03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
When prices go low like that, I get crazy ideas:loco: - like buying a bunch at $3 and opening an ebay store selling Stinky Solos for $10.

stonecutter2
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
The tip about sticking some washers on the bottom is awesome. Just for more stability. I think I'm going to do that.

These are solid little ashtrays. I believe they're stainless steel.

Mine has lasted out in the elements for a couple of years, including getting flung off of our little table on our front porch from 40-60mph wind gusts during thunderstorms (a near tornado, in fact), and there isn't any noticeable damage. I do take it inside before snow starts seriously falling, so nothing freezes in it.

They do seem to suffer the problem that other Stinky's do, in that the weld between the rest and the bowl starts to rust over time. I'll JB Weld the rest back on if it rusts off.

huskers
03-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Josh I have that exact same stinky and love it. Personally I have never had a problem with it tipping over with any size gar.

I use the same one every day while working in the office, and I've also never had a problem with it tipping. Maybe the wind is a factor if you're smoking outside. I'm actually smoking a lancero and tried to tip it, and the cigar tipped out before the ashtray. I could see it tipping with an A or a Salomon though.

Wind everyday is quite normal here in the great plains of Nebraska. Not just a breeze but wind.

With the right cigar and some wind, these JR's WILL tip, I've personally had it happen.

Also, if you bump the ashtray or table its on, it can tip too with a decent sized cigar.

Not saying it's a huge issue with every stinky JR. ever made.....I just prefer the extra weight and peace of mind.

Fat Cobra
03-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Josh I don't doubt the winds in the plains of Nebraska so I can see how this could be a problem in some areas but I don't typicly smoke in that kinda wind. Over all this is a great little ash tray and I use it almost every evening on my back porch. I think I paid $7 for mine on Cbid.

Lightninrod
08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
I bought one but exchanged it for the regular size as I found it too small. Yes, I'm lazy about emptying my ashtray and I smoke 2-3 large vitolas a day.

TAB
12-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I have one, and I love mine. I typically smoke by myself.

ryanmac45
12-06-2014, 10:47 PM
I've had the same positive experience with mine. I really like it. $3 is a bargain. I use it outside in the summer and the lower profile is nice.

Rosie
12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
I actually have two of these that I got as freebies from CI. They're the best ashtray per square inch of table space taken that you can buy.

Cheers,

Rosie