Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Smoke on the Bay 2014 - Support the MPCPRA and get cigars

Regiampiero
01-27-2014, 11:26 PM
Just an heads up about a cool event organized by the "Michigan Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association" (MPCPRA) to raise awareness about up-and-coming Michigan cigar taxes. Although you probably don't care about the Michigan cigar tax, there's a nice perk for buying tickets to this event. Even if you don't go, they'll mail you $200 worth of cigars for a $100 entry ticket.
I should also say that I've never gone to one of these, so I don't know what kind of cigars they'll give out, so don't take this as a recommendation. All I know is that the event is called "Smoke on the Bay 2014" and the website to order tickets is: smokeonthebay.eventbrite.com

The event will be held at Stables Martini & Cigar Bar, in Bay City, Michigan on Monday, March 10th from 7:00 to 9:30.

Leave a post if you're going because I'm undecided and it would be helpful to ear from some of you that have attended this event in the past.

Smitty2430
01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Sounds like something I may need to check out. $100 is a bit hefty for so little info though.

Regiampiero
01-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Sounds like something I may need to check out. $100 is a bit hefty for so little info though.

I know. $100 for a shot in the dark is not something I like to do, but that is why I post it here, maybe a member of Puff was familiar with the event but I guess not. Maybe I'll call them to see if their giving out something worthwhile or not.

GreenSkyy
02-02-2014, 01:20 AM
I'm with both of you on that. My local B&M handed me a flyer for it, and I was interested. Was disappointed when I went to the website and there was no more info than printed on the flyer.

GreenSkyy
02-02-2014, 01:34 AM
FWIW here is the flyer for anyone interested that has not seen it.

syphon101
02-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Sounds interesting. Not to bad of a drive for me either, but I'm also curious about what they consider premium cigars... $100 is a bit to gamble on, and if they are going by Michigan+Tax prices then you're really not getting much for the money if you shop online.

Still, I would consider going.

JustTroItIn
02-06-2014, 08:12 PM
If it were on a Friday then I might consider it, but a Monday night drive to Bay City and back for me is a no go.