Invalid link URL or broken link with TW? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Invalid link URL or broken link with TW?

JRM03
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm having repeated issues with accessing Puff via Safari. There are instances with using the "back" button and it will bring up the Time Warner search results page, instead of returning to the previous page. Likewise, when I enter the url puff.com in the address bar it will bring up the Time Warner search results. I get a long drawn out link that goes from puff.com to www.dnrsearch.com/blahblahblah. The site will work fine for a little bit then out of nowhere whenever I click another link or go back, it goes to that page. Any ideas for me?

dj1340
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
I use safari on my ipad and have never had a problem with it. Always works.

JustinThyme
04-05-2014, 02:41 PM
If you were on a computer I would tell you to flush DNS.
Personally Ive never cared for Safari, on my Iphone I use Chrome.

JRM03
04-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes, this has been a reoccuring problem on my macbook and has happened on my iPad as well. I only have Safari and Firefox installed. If Firefox wasn't such a turd I'd try that browser.

Dave.73
04-05-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm not having this issue in chrome or firefox from my pc, laptop, ipad, or mac but I'll keep looking into it.

JRM03
04-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Sorry to cause any problems. This is probably isolated to something on my home network or some setting that I am overlooking.

Dave.73
04-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Its no problem at all. Thanks for reporting it. If something's not working we want to try and fix it. Could just be something local to you because there haven't been other reports but that doesn't mean its not happening. I know this is an extremely basic suggestion but did you clear your cookies and refresh your browser. Sometimes that helps these weird things that happen.

JRM03
04-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I've cleared all the history etc weekly through my browser. Refreshing never solved the problem. I'd have to close the window and then try a few times before the issue went away. It would be my guess that since it comes up as a Time Warner search engine maybe its a server issue with them?. I'm not much for cyber tech stuff.

Cigar-Enthusiast
04-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Honestly try downloading Chrome (which I use on a MBP) or Opera. Both are great browsers and might save you the headaches.
Also chrome has an adblock app also, which comes in handy if you watch youtube.

edwardsdigital
04-09-2014, 08:40 AM
It sounds to me like it is a time warner thing. My first course of action would be to change the DNS settings in my router to open DNS or googles DNS (or what ever different DNS you like) and see if the TW search redirects are still happening. You can also change the DNS server settings in your computer to accomplish the same thing.

I have had pretty good results with changing my DNS settings for various reasons (including faster web browsing and avoiding ISP redirects) but YMMV.

MDSPHOTO
04-09-2014, 08:48 AM
I have Safari and when I have issues with it I do three things that seem to help.

* Clear your history and reset your top sites
* Empty the cache
* Delete all cookies

This will clear everything and will require you to log into all accounts you have, but you will notice your web speed increase.