Why Did My Pictures Stop Showing UP? [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Why Did My Pictures Stop Showing UP?

VaStogie
09-07-2014, 06:44 PM
So I enjoy uploading a pic of the pipe or cigar I am smoking and everything was working fine until yesterday. Now I go through the same process of using Puff's basic up-loader and I can still see the image command line but when I submit a post the image doesn't show up anymore. Does that make sense? Any ideas?

JustinThyme
09-07-2014, 07:52 PM
One thing i have learned is the images done locally are about as reliable as as a welfare recipient showing up for work. I tried several times and finally said screw it and use my photography website to host them then the image code here.

Issues I noted were images not showing up at all, a block with attachment on it but nothing there or a tiny ass thumbnail that wont enlarge.

There are plenty of free image hosting sites out there to upload to then link back here.

VaStogie
09-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Justin Thyme Thanks for sharing!

VaStogie
09-08-2014, 01:15 AM
I have figured out that it may be web browser related. On my phones browser and Firefox the images show up but when I use Google Chrome they don't but they used to :/

JustinThyme
09-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Im thinking that was luck of the draw when you looked. Sometimes the images wont show for you but does for others and you get to see them days later. I've had the same result in Chrome, Firefox,Safari, IE and Dolphin. if you want to take the weirdness one step further if you edit the post and remove the attachment the empty post you just had will have an empty attachment box.

VaStogie
09-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Im thinking that was luck of the draw when you looked. Sometimes the images wont show for you but does for others and you get to see them days later. I've had the same result in Chrome, Firefox,Safari, IE and Dolphin. if you want to take the weirdness one step further if you edit the post and remove the attachment the empty post you just had will have an empty attachment box.

Thanks again for the info!