newbie new tobacco recieved [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: newbie new tobacco recieved

WI F350
12-12-2014, 07:54 PM
I just received my first tobacco of the month club shipment and I am trying the custom blend called Candy Cane Cocoa. tried that first as I don't think I would like it by the name...It is a Burley Virginia and black Cavendish blend with a note of chocolate in the bag and somewhat in the smoke with a bit of peppermint to cool the taste. It is actually not a bad tobacco (coming from a newbie) with very little tongue bite and smooth burning not hot...next up is Ole Shenandoah Bootlegged

Tobias Lutz
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm guessing that was Russ' blend of the month. While there have been a couple that I didn't care for the specific flavors, I can't say I've ever smoked anything he blended that was bad. I'm interested in that Bootleg blend- I like the Old Barrel 76

WI F350
12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
I like the Bootlegged. definitely not the flavored type of tobacco...may be a bit on the moist side. I had a hard time keeping it lit but I am using a new briar with it...I will give you some more3 feedback after a couple more bowls...I also received sir Walter regular. not so impressed with that.
I also bought the froggy went a courtin sampler...I like the Cellar have not tried the rest yet.