Why pink [Archive] - Puff Cigar Discussion Forums

: Why pink

asmartbull
01-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Can someone tell me why me and a few of my FOG frields were turned pink!

SeanTheEvans
01-12-2016, 05:40 PM
I've been wondering the same, lol

droy1958
01-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Errrr.....makes me want to bust out in song....

Pink it's my new obsession
Pink it's not even a question,
Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause
Pink is the love you discover

asmartbull
01-12-2016, 05:53 PM
My friend bpegler is wondering the same......it just isn't good form!

bpegler
01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Because I use Tapatalk, I didn't even know this had happened, Al. I haven't been very active lately, my last post before today was a few months ago. Just a picture and description of what I was smoking...

avitti
01-12-2016, 08:04 PM
I noticed this as well, its also the color on Tony Brooklyn's name. Perhaps its future consideration for moderators. Bob,Al and Tony's knowledge of cigars and the related subjects would surely cover
any forum.

asmartbull
01-12-2016, 11:05 PM
I noticed this as well, its also the color on Tony Brooklyn's name. Perhaps its future consideration for moderators. Bob,Al and Tony's knowledge of cigars and the related subjects would surely cover
any forum.

Tony,
I thought bringing this to their attention might get a reply. Not
Reported my own thread, Nothing
PM'ed a Mod, Still Nothing

I suspect I know what is going on......

Life to to short for this crap.

curmudgeonista
01-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Same color as "no longer a community member" status. Hmmm...

Carousel???

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/carousel.jpg

bpegler
01-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Tony,
I thought bringing this to their attention might get a reply. Not
Reported my own thread, Nothing
PM'ed a Mod, Still Nothing

I suspect I know what is going on......

Life to to short for this crap.

Actually, I am a not a bit surprised that no one has responded to you.

Not in the least.

NormH3
01-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Same color as "no longer a community member" status. Hmmm...

Carousel???

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/blogs/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/carousel.jpg

Logan's Run. Movie and a TV show. Classic.

StogieNinja
01-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Hey guys,

I was away from the forum all day, I just got the PMs and responded to them. Previously banned members remained pink after the software upgrade, but many members who were not banned were also turned pink after the upgrade. As far as I know, the change had nothing to do with infractions, and it wasn't any proactive action taken by any staff member.

droy1958
01-13-2016, 01:11 AM
I'm just glad I made the cut.....:grin2:
Youse guys are in trouble!.....

Cigary
01-13-2016, 03:59 AM
As Derek posted there isn't any need to worry...Pink has had a history of negative action and in this the glitch of the upgrade gave some members a Pink ID. There are a lot of other ID'S of those that no longer post or are Members and this is being taken care of as well.

Conjecture and not having all the facts tends to make anybody nervous so be assured that there is no communist plot...no ulterior motives...and we're not even close to April 1 yet. The last thing anybody wants to play is "pin the tail on the donkey "....it's just too labor intensive and as was so eloquently posted..."life's too short for this crap"....unless one is a crap salesman. lol

bpegler
01-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Perhaps in the future, it would be preferable to let everyone know about such software glitches as soon as you become aware of them?

A simple note to members here, along with an apology on behalf of the board for any inconvenience would have been thoughtful.

Also, providing an outline for a timetable for fixing the problem would be nice.

I know that the moderators don't program software, but they are the voice for the company that owns the board.

Cigary
01-13-2016, 12:31 PM
I agree on all points.

Cricket
01-13-2016, 01:19 PM
It was an error in the usergroup settings. I thought I had caught and fixed them all.

I have fixed the pink usernames in this thread.

I am truly sorry for the confusion.

Cricket
01-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Added Note: If anyone else experiences this issue, please feel free to PM me and I will fix it for you.

TonyBrooklyn
03-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Just wanted to post and see what color i am be right back.

TonyBrooklyn
03-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Just sent you a P.M Cricket

coachdread
03-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to post and see what color i am be right back.

Tony, that shade is just lovely on you! It goes so well with your eyes...>:)

TonyBrooklyn
03-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Yes my step daughter used to say R.I.P

Dad you gotta THINK PINK!

TonyBrooklyn
03-15-2016, 06:41 PM
It was an error in the usergroup settings. I thought I had caught and fixed them all.

I have fixed the pink usernames in this thread.

I am truly sorry for the confusion.

P.M sent please don't forget me.

TonyBrooklyn
03-16-2016, 06:08 PM
Added Note: If anyone else experiences this issue, please feel free to PM me and I will fix it for you.

Thanks for all your help bro!

Kemetek1
06-25-2016, 07:12 PM
I know this is a late post but I'd like to know who turned these guys pink and how I can do it to my neighbor.